iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
(2015-12-10, 14:41)Steverae Wrote: From all the tests I have performed on multiple iDevices, I can see no reason that this works any different to the deb version. Okay, the userdata is in a different location due to the sandboxing but as you have also seen, everything I use on a regular basis runs without issue.

I have ditched my jailbreak and updated to 9.2 and so far everything is flawless. In a way im glad that ive now got no jailbreak as I feel much happier and get all the latest improvements released with the latest firmware.

The only thing I am missing at the moment are the 3dtouch tweaks on my iPhone 6 plus but then again, to be fair I never really used them anyway and only had them to show off to friends etc. lol

From what I have read, the only downside to sideloading via xcode is you have to re-load the app every 3 months as the signing cert expires unless you pay for the $99 dev account, but I could be wrong on this.

Brilliant, thanks for the confirmation. Userdata being in a different place isn't a problem (for me at least), afaik it can still be accessed through iTunes/iFunbox although I haven't tested that on a non jailbroken device.

Reloading every few months isn't a dealbreaker either (until I end up trying to use it while I'm out and not in a position to re-sign it!).

I'm in the same boat re the jailbreak, I only jailbreak for Kodi so it would be nice to be able to upgrade to the latest iOS.

Messages In This Thread
RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - by shiggedyshoo - 2015-12-10, 17:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8