iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
(2016-06-13, 06:57)nitro182 Wrote: Hi there,

Firstly thanks for your work on the App Signer app, very easy to use and works very well!

I successfully had Kodi running on an ATV4 and started to get sick of replacing the application so I purchased an apple developer account. I'm trying to sign the application with the new cert/provisioning profile and using the same application identifier so I don't have to re-do the set up but it's failing when sideloading the IPA onto the ATV4.

I receive the below in the logs:

Jun 13 14:26:46 Apple-TV mobile_installation_proxy[124] <Error>: 0x16e1bb000 handle_install: Installation failed: Error Domain=LaunchServicesError Code=0 "(null)" UserInfo={Error=MismatchedApplicationIdentifierEntitlement, ErrorDescription=Upgrade's application-identifier entitlement string (B3D4584F84.*) does not match installed application's application-identifier string (DA6Y36QU5S.com.nitro.kodiappletv); rejecting upgrade.}

Under the project in Kodi, I am using the right account (not the one with Personal Team) and ensured I "fixed" issues. I've also tried clearing out the certificates and provisioning profiles per your first post to no avail.

To me, the issue is the fact the provisioning profile seems to be generating based on * where as on the free account it used to say com.nitro.kodiappletv but I am unsure how I can fix this.

I'd love for some feedback from people that also had this issue please? If I leave the application identifier out in the iOS App Signer box, it loads fine but it loads as a new application which I am trying to avoid if possible.

Best regards,
Adam.

You can't install an app over an existing one that is signed by another developer account

You need to remove the old Kodi to install the one with the new signature

You can download the app container and restore when you re-install though
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted

Messages In This Thread
RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - by DanTheMan827 - 2016-06-13, 21:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8