• 67(current)
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
Hi there,

I am completely new to Kodi.
I am trying to instal Kodi on my IPhone 6.
The tutorial is saying that you don't need an Apple developers certificate to instal Kodi.
I am not geting the fix issue warning!
I am runnng Mac OS Sierra.

Can someone help me?
Hi,

Using both latest version Mac OS 10.12.6 and Xcode 8.3.3

Following your tutorial closely, there was no "fix issue" button to click.

Thanks.
Hi,

I am using the newest version of MAC OS10.12.6 and Xcode 8.3.3.

I did not encounter "Fix Issue" button to click on.

Please advise.Thanks.
(2017-08-09, 10:45)SOH SOH Wrote: Hi,

I am using the newest version of MAC OS10.12.6 and Xcode 8.3.3.

I did not encounter "Fix Issue" button to click on.

Please advise.Thanks.

The tutorial was made with an older version of xcode and I think the new version automatically tries to fix signing issues without presenting the button. If you see the "Provisioning Profile Xcode Managed Profile" line in the Signing section, click the info icon to see the status of your provisioning profile, you might be good to go. Been a while since I had to start from scratch so I could be wrong about how the initial setup goes now.
Thank you for your input.

I thought about your explanation too. You could be correct.

But when I keyed in my valid Apple developer ID, the problem remained until I changed the name of the bundle identifier to the same as my Apple ID email address. Then it worked . It does not seem logical. Nevertheless I progressed into the next steps.

However at the ios app singer window, the provisioning profile is empty( no file to select)

Please advise.Thanks.
(2017-08-09, 18:05)SOH SOH Wrote: Thank you for your input.

I thought about your explanation too. You could be correct.

But when I keyed in my valid Apple developer ID, the problem remained until I changed the name of the bundle identifier to the same as my Apple ID email address. Then it worked . It does not seem logical. Nevertheless I progressed into the next steps.

However at the ios app singer window, the provisioning profile is empty( no file to select)

Please advise.Thanks.

We may be bumping up to the limits of my knowledge of the inner workings of ios app signer, but I do remember having to quit and restart ios app signer to get it to find a newly created profile.

BTW, the bundle identifier issue is somewhat explained here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2431277

Lots of good info in this thread if you can figure out the right search terms for your issue.
Thank you so much for your help.

But there is too much work involved after getting all error messages and compatibility issues with different version of os,xcode, ios signer.

And I just heard it lasts for only 7 days.

I will turn to a android device.

Good luck guys.
Hey guys. For the life of me, I can't get this to work.

In iOS App Signer, I can't select anything under my provisioning profile. All that appears is re-sign only and custom.
I've managed to get this to work a while ago, but this time I've tried everything and can't get it to show the provisioning profile. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Personally how I do it is I create a provisioning profile on my apple developer account and download it. Then I copy that provisioning profile to my device and when I open the app signer I pick custom and select that provisioning profile. Have never had an issue doing that.
Sorry for the noob question, Kavy, but where would I do that?

Thanks

edit: just found where and tried it, but it says "invalid provisioning profile" ?

edit 2: just updated ios app signer and seems to be working. fingers crossed.
Hi there,
When I tried to install Kodi on iOS 10.3.2 and 10.3.3 via Cydia Impactor 0.9.41 and 0.9.42, the following error info popped out:

./plist.hpp:201
not PLIST_STRING
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>org.xbmc.kodi-ios</string>
</dict>
[Status]

Can I just ignore it?
hi. i'm trying to update kodi (tvos) and overwrite to keep my settings. my bundle identifier is something like com.xyz.kodi (original project) but when i go into ios app signer the provisioning profile only offers *xxxxxxxx and no option to select com.xyz.kodi. i understand that the "*" indicates a wildcard, but when i install it gives it the generic kodi bundle identifier instead, and 2 instances of kodi on my apple tv. how do i get the same identifier so it overwrites the older kodi app?

thanks!
On a Mac you change the kodi.ipa to a kodi.zip then get the kodi.app within the extraction then show the package contents then edit the info.plist that has the bundle identifier. Make a folder named Payload with a Capitol P then drag and drop the edited kodi.app in there compress the Payload folder to a kodi.zip then rename it to kodi.ipa then resign it and upload it to your Apple TV. If you continue to use the same bundle identifier it will upgrade/downgrade kodi while preserving your kodi settings.
Quick question, noob here, but i've posted and have been reading for a while. Can anyone clarify or elaborate on the following, can you install kodi on apple tv 4 without developer account or paying for any signing service? also are routine re-installations required? I'm contemplating selling my apple tv 4 that i've owned for months still sealed in box, but If i would be required to re install after 90 days or short time limit I rather not utilize this as my main kodi box. Can anyone share how far are we with apple tv 4 and kodi support?
(2017-09-04, 10:21)kuzn Wrote: On a Mac you change the kodi.ipa to a kodi.zip then get the kodi.app within the extraction then show the package contents then edit the info.plist that has the bundle identifier. Make a folder named Payload with a Capitol P then drag and drop the edited kodi.app in there compress the Payload folder to a kodi.zip then rename it to kodi.ipa then resign it and upload it to your Apple TV. If you continue to use the same bundle identifier it will upgrade/downgrade kodi while preserving your kodi settings.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8