LiveTV, Recordings widget
(2015-11-17, 19:16)raptorjr Wrote: I really like the new widgets. One question: Is it possible to change the sort order of f.ex. the Next Unwatched recordings widget? Don't really know how I want it, but I think that I want the newest not watched recordings first. I have some old ones now and they are first in the list, will watch them some time, but other series/recordings have a higher priority right now. So changing sort order and having the new ones at the top would be nice. But I understand that there could be thousands of settings and you can't have them all. Just a thought.

Uhm yeah, but that will result in the same output as the normal tv recordings widget which shows the recently added recordings.
(2015-11-18, 00:39)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-17, 19:16)raptorjr Wrote: I really like the new widgets. One question: Is it possible to change the sort order of f.ex. the Next Unwatched recordings widget? Don't really know how I want it, but I think that I want the newest not watched recordings first. I have some old ones now and they are first in the list, will watch them some time, but other series/recordings have a higher priority right now. So changing sort order and having the new ones at the top would be nice. But I understand that there could be thousands of settings and you can't have them all. Just a thought.

Uhm yeah, but that will result in the same output as the normal tv recordings widget which shows the recently added recordings.

Yes, thought about that too. But it is not entirely true, since recordings do not disappear from the Recently Added widget when it has been watched. And, don't know if it works that way now, but Next Unwatched widget should only show one episode of each tv series, even though there are multiple episodes recorded. And the Recently Added will show all episodes no matter how many has been recorded or watched.

So there would be differences, but I understand what you are saying.

Just thought about another thing, is it possible to delete recordings in the widget? So that they also get deleted on the backend?
Watched recordings should be deleted from the rcently added recordings widget altough it may take up to 10 minutes.

The next unwatched recordings widget *should* display the first unwatched per show BUT there is no good logic to determine that. At the moment it is compared by title, so if the title is the same it won't add it to the next unwatched stuff...

I've added a reversed version of the next unwatched widget, you can play with that to see if it is what you mean.
I only see Timers reversed? Is these changes only for 3.6.x?
(2015-11-19, 20:14)raptorjr Wrote: I only see Timers reversed? Is these changes only for 3.6.x?

Oops, adjusted the wrong code. Didn't check the language codes ;-)
Will fix it tonight
Added both Next unwatched widgets, but they look the same. Same episodes at the top.
Another error in the code at another level. This should teach me to actually test the changes ;-)
Fixed in next update !
Now it seems to work. But I also see now that it is not very useful if grouping series into one entry doesn't work.

Now Next unwatched episode could look like this: (reversed widget)

SeriesS01E04
MovieA
MovieB
SeriesS01E03
NewsA
NewsB
SeriesS01E02
Sports
Documentary
SeriesS01E01

I still need to scroll down and search for the first episode if I want to watch the SeriesS01E01. It should ideally be at the first position, since it contains the latest made recording, but it should show S01E01 since I haven't watched it. But now I have to know what the next episode to watch is, so I know I have to scroll down to find the first unwatched.

In the Recordings view (in the left submenu), all recordings is grouped correctly, could it be possible to use that information to group entries in the same way in the Next unwatched episodes widget?

Another thing though, the content of the groups in the Recordings view should ideally be sorted ascending, so that the oldest episode comes first. Is it possible to force this in all grouped recordings?

Thank you for your patience =)
Maybe I should clarify why I like the reversed widget, since in the above post it looks like the ordinary widget would work better.

If you have the ordinary widget like this:

MovieA
MovieB
MovieC
Sports
Documentary
SeriesS01E01
News
SeriesS01E02
SeriesS01E03

I like the idea that when a new episode of the series gets recorded it "jumps" to the top, reminding me that there is new episodes to watch. Even though I haven't watched all previous episodes yet. And maybe is not in the mood or have the time for the other things at the top of the list.
Unfortunately there is no way to do this... It's because the groupings are provided by the PVR backend and there is no real "series" value on the recordings list retrieved by the API. I just get one long list of all recordings. I can make one more attempt by trying to determine the name of the series based on the recordings path but that's all I can do...

As for sorting the lists for your recordings: The only way to do this is by using the sort options in the sideblade as this is a native Kodi screen.
The other option is to create a shortcut to the widget's content but I'm not sure if that will work well: skinsettings --> edit menu shortcuts --> add --> video library --> specials --> select one of the recordings widgets
I understand. There should be a AdvancedSetting that makes it possible to select the default sorting for items in a specific view =) But that should be in another thread.

Anyway, talking about grouping. I understand that this might be specific for MythTV and maybe not possible to make a generic solution. But the list of files you get, according to the log output I provided earlier, is kind of already grouped. Took two lines from that output. As you can see, after Default, is the group. The series name. In this case "24: Live Another Day" and "The Blacklist". Should it not be possible to show the oldest episode in that group in the widget list, but sort the widget list according to which group contains the newest recording?

The last "folder" before the filename is the group name.

pvr://recordings/active/Default/24: Live Another Day/24: Live Another Day - Amerikansk dramaserie från 2014, TV (TV3), 20140805_185900.pvr
pvr://recordings/active/Default/The Blacklist/The Blacklist - Amerikansk dramaserie från 2015, TV (TV3), 20151105_210000.pvr

Again, I understand that it might be specific to MythTV and not possible to make a special case for that PVR backend.
I think I have found the solution. Will provide new version of skin helper service later today so you can give that a test.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LiveTV, Recordings widget0