• 4(current)
Beta Youtube Library
(2015-12-23, 03:40)pdops Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 00:32)Sleuteltje Wrote: Library Settings
Scan for new video every X hours: Scans for new videos to add every X hours
Thanks for this addon. I have a question or possibly a feature request. Is it possible to have it scan at a specified time of day? There are a couple of daily podcasts I watch on YouTube and it would be nice to scan after they're published every day.
No, its not possible to update a playlist at a specific time of the day. I was thinking of adding an option in a playlist to set the scan interval independently. That way you can have some playlists update slower than others. This will still not update the playlist at a specific time of the day tho.It would require some restructuring of the service that updates in the background to make this possible. I will keep this in mind if I'll build that option, it does sound like a good idea Smile.

You can ofcourse change the setting you quoted in the addon settings. But this will only change how many hours the service will wait till it updates the playlists again.
(2015-12-28, 21:42)Sleuteltje Wrote: You can of course change the setting you quoted in the addon settings. But this will only change how many hours the service will wait till it updates the playlists again.
I had thought about that but wondered how much overhead there is with each check (mainly bandwidth used)?
(2015-12-28, 22:31)pdops Wrote:
(2015-12-28, 21:42)Sleuteltje Wrote: You can of course change the setting you quoted in the addon settings. But this will only change how many hours the service will wait till it updates the playlists again.
I had thought about that but wondered how much overhead there is with each check (mainly bandwidth used)?
Since this setting is global for all your added playlists at the moment, it will cost you some API calls to the Youtube API servers. This is JSON (simply some text), so it shouldn't be much data. The addon is programmed to stop getting videos if it comes across a video you already have scanned into your library (this is why playlists that are sorted old > new don't work) (*It will however get 50 videos at a time to save YT API calls). The CPU usage will depend on your hardware, the configuration of your playlist and the amount of playlists.

The best way to know is to monitor the Bandwidth & CPU usage while its updating (and mostly not doing anything else). You can force the updating of a playlist at any time by bringing up the context menu when you have the playlist selected and selecting "update playlist". It would be nice to report your hardware & results here Smile. It could be helpful for me & others.
v0.9.5 Happy New Year edition!

Happy 2016 everybody! I've worked very hard to release this just in time to be a "Happy New Year Edition" Big Grin. This is the biggest update yet, and almost as many work as all work before it. The most important change is that this brings Music Video Support!

It should be stable, I've tested many playlists without errors Smile. It has a lot of newly added features tho, so it could be some music video's don't get picked up correctly by YTlibrary or some videos get passed the filters when they shouldn't. Please report those back here.

To use the Music Video features, you should also add the MusicVideo Folder to your Library like you did with your tv shows folder. This time however choose type "Music Videos", pick "Local Information only" as the scraper and enable "Scan Recursively".

If you find the number of settings overwhelming and don't use the more advanced options. You can hide those by choosing "basic" as the mode in the addon settings.

If you don't like the Happy New Year Icon / Fanart, you can change them back. Rename old_icon.png & old_fanart.jpg to icon.png & fanart.jpg.

See you next year Tongue! Happy new year!
Code:
0.9.5 - Happy New Year!
- Changed Icon & Fanart to Happy New Year! Edition
- Added Feature: Now works with youtube-dl instead of pafy to get video url (This makes VEVO video playback possible as well)
- Added Feature: Basic Mode. If the settings dazzle you, this is the setting for you. You don't get to alter things much tho.
- Added Feature: Normal Mode (enabled by default). Some options are still hidden.
- Added Feature: Expert Mode. All options are available.
- Added Feature: defaultsetting for Tags
- Fixed Bug: Some defaultsettings for TV were not working
- Added Feature: MusicVideo Support:
    Added MusicVideo Features:
    - Tries to pretty up the songtitle
    - Skip Audio-only videos
    - Skip Live videos
    - Skip Lyric Videos
    - Auto tags Audio-only videos as 'audio'
    - Auto tags Live vidoes as 'live'
    - Auto tags Lyric videos as 'lyrics'
    - Guess artist - song from youtube video/description
    - Guess feautured artists, and add those artist as seperete artists on the musicvideo
    - Use playlist name, video channel name, hardcoded as Artist fallback
    - Use video title as Song title fallback
    - Guess Album from video title/description
    - Fallback on hardcoded album
    - Use video description, playlist description or a hardcoded Plot as plot (description of the music video)
    - Guess Year from video title/description
    - Use published year or a hardcoded year as year fallback
    - Option to not add (skip the video) if recognizition of any tag fails
Download Youtube Library v0.9.5: Happy New Year Edition

Creating & maintaining this addon is a lot of work which already grabs to much time from my schedule Tongue. Please help out anyway you can (by reporting bugs, giving thanks and/or donating). It will keep me motivated and can lighten the load on my limited time Wink.
Fantastic! Your hard work is much appreciated.

Happy New Year
Happy new year! Since I have your reply, I imagine this should install itself. If not, u will definitely try it. I don't use YouTube music much but still, sounds like a great addition to a great app
Hello there!

I just tested your plugin, and I quite like the idea to use Kodi's TV Shows concept to represent Youtube channels. Good job there!

I have a possible suggestion: I personally use Youtube mostly for "Let's Plays". Letsplayers usually create a playlist for each of their projects.

Right now I can only choose to add all uploads from a channel as one big "TV show", or choose one individual playlist, i.e. one game. The plugin then tries to order the videos into seasons by year or similar.

Letsplayer games are rather rarely split into such seasons though. For my purposes, it would probably work best to add all videos from a channel to one TV show (representing the letsplayer) and interpret the playlists as seasons, so you end up with one game per season.

In that regard, it would make sense to be able to choose which playlists to add to the TV show, since some letsplayers have lots and lots of games and the TV show would become very big.

Maybe you'd like to add this mechanic to your plugin?

Also, if you'd need help with localization, I'm from Germany. I could also help with English if you'd like (I spotted some incorrect terms in the plugin). Wink
Kind regards, Frank

Kodi: LibreELEC Beta
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 2 (Model B)
TV: Toshiba 47"
NAS: Debian Jessie x64 (Gigabyte GA-D510UD), HDD 3x1.5 TB + 1x2 TB (SnapRAID, MergerFS)
I don't know why, but I really have the feeling 2016 is gonna be an awesome year! And I normally don't have such a feeling, so it's gotta mean something Wink!

I'm not 100% satisfied with how music videos are handled now (tho I'm pretty impressed how "smart" my addon is in recognizing artist, songs and albums merely from the vid title & description). But genres have to be manually put in for example, so it will probably change a bit in the future. I'm thinking of adding vevo.com support. This way 1080p playback will be more easily achieved (I can borrow code from the Vevo Addon which already does this), and the correct metainfo is than supplied by vevo.com. But since, vevo.com isn't youtube.com, it will probably be a seperate functionality (maybe even a different addon). I was also thinking of adding in support for an audiodb like musicbrainz, so my addon will be even smarter in picking up artists & songs correctly.

(2015-12-31, 22:01)LFCFAN Wrote: Fantastic! Your hard work is much appreciated.

Happy New Year
Thnx! Smile.

(2016-01-01, 03:11)Idokfire Wrote: Happy new year! Since I have your reply, I imagine this should install itself. If not, u will definitely try it. I don't use YouTube music much but still, sounds like a great addition to a great app
Thnx! I'm not quite sure what you're saying. This Addon doesn't self-update yet. I'm working on it with the help of edge06 to get a repo up and running. When it's ready, you can install that repo, and then this addon will self-update. Until then, you can update this addon by installing the newer version the same way as you've installed this addon before (System -> Addons -> Install from zip).

Yes, not everyeone will use the Music Videos functions ofcourse, as not everyone will use the TV functions. Isn't it wonderfull how we're all created different Big Grin? Either way, if you want to add some music video's, now you can Big Grin!

(2016-01-01, 19:56)Loc2262 Wrote: Hello there!

I just tested your plugin, and I quite like the idea to use Kodi's TV Shows concept to represent Youtube channels. Good job there!

I have a possible suggestion: I personally use Youtube mostly for "Let's Plays". Letsplayers usually create a playlist for each of their projects.

Right now I can only choose to add all uploads from a channel as one big "TV show", or choose one individual playlist, i.e. one game. The plugin then tries to order the videos into seasons by year or similar.

Letsplayer games are rather rarely split into such seasons though. For my purposes, it would probably work best to add all videos from a channel to one TV show (representing the letsplayer) and interpret the playlists as seasons, so you end up with one game per season.

In that regard, it would make sense to be able to choose which playlists to add to the TV show, since some letsplayers have lots and lots of games and the TV show would become very big.

Maybe you'd like to add this mechanic to your plugin?

Also, if you'd need help with localization, I'm from Germany. I could also help with English if you'd like (I spotted some incorrect terms in the plugin). Wink
Thnx!
Could you supply some examples of such channels? It sounds like such a channel would contain 100's of playlists. If the addon would update such a channel with 100's playlists enabled, it would have to call each playlists separately to see if any video's were added. I don't know if building in such a feature is such a great idea. If many of the playlists wont be updated again, they could perhaps be turned off when you've added them, thus lightening the load. I'm afraid many users won't do this tho.
I don't know if Kodi accepts non-numeric characters as Seasons, I would have to test that. Playlists could perhaps be mapped in order to 1,2,3..

If there aren't that many playlists, wouldn't it work to add the playlists seperately in the addon and supply all playlists with the same tv show information? You can then hardcode the seasons to a seperate number. You can even use the option "overwrite folder" to make sure they write in the same directory.
Also, don't forget there are filters available like "exclude", "only include", "max length" etc. to filter out unwanted videos. You can also choose the way season & episodenumbering are handled by the addon. (Still have to fix the option "pos" tho, kinda forgot).
To see all available options, don't forget to set "Mode" in the addon settings to "Expert".

Thanks for your offer to help with localization. A German translation would be great! I've already put most of the text in the localization file, but some are still hardcoded into the addon. I'll make sure I'll have a Localization file containing all text soon, so it could be translated. When new versions are released, some text could be added tho, so it is important to also update the (german) translation when a new version is released (especially since this addon isn't on v1.0 yet). If you see any English that could be better, sure, feel free to correct. As I'm not flawless, so isn't my English, especially when I'm coding Wink. I'll supply both files seperately soon to you. You can PM me for details Smile.

^--- This also counts for others that want to translate the addon to another language ofcourse Big Grin!
Hey Sleuteltje!

Thanks for your reply! Smile

Here are some examples of my subscribed letsplayer channels:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ6KZTT...XFJJmoTAkw
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClIzxxk...d6GwyacNGw
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSq7Zvn...J0vpgFI0pQ
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP6f9x4...8Q1sqJmYPQ

You are quite right both with that the number of playlists varies greatly between those channels, and that a good number of them, actually the majority (for finished games e.g.), don't change anymore. It's also a good point whether Kodi accepts text as seasons... So maybe the TV Show/Seasons mechanic isn't the best choice for letsplay channels. Smile

Right now I'm using Bromix' Youtube plugin and its subscriptions function. There you can toggle between a full list of uploads and the playlists. For those channels or playlists that I currently watch I have defined Kodi favorites for quick access.

If you were to try and map that onto TV Shows/Seasons, it would indeed be best to allow a choice for each playlist like "Update automatically / Update manually / Ignore".

You're right, adding each playlist separately using the filters would certainly be possible. But I think it'd be quite cumbersome, and you know how people tend to be lazy, and it would also really clutter up the TV Shows list. Smile That's why I was thinking whether we could use the Seasons mechanic to have an automatic two-layered hierarchy.

I can see how this is probably not what you had in mind for your plugin. But if you're willing to try and pursue this use case, feel free to let me know and I'll gladly help you test it! Smile I'll also contact you via PM for the localization thing.
Kind regards, Frank

NAS: Debian Jessie x64 (Gigabyte GA-D510UD), HDD 3x1.5 TB + 1x2 TB (SnapRAID, MergerFS)
If playlists that are sorted oldest to newest don't work (or won't re-scan) does that mean the Uploads playlist won't work?

Also I get seasons that aren't years for some (perhaps all) of the Uploads playlists I've added. Season 1, Season 2, then Season 2015 etc. I don't know if this is a known or intended behavior.
Hi there,

I'm loving this add-on, its been working great.

One small feature request I would like to suggest is the ability to subscribe to my own youtube watchlist. That way I can mark a video as watchlater and then it will be automatically added to my Kodi library.

This is might already be possible, but I'm unsure. I couldn't find my own youtube account when searching for it in the add-on.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks.
(2016-01-02, 22:15)orbitnz Wrote: Hi there,

One small feature request I would like to suggest is the ability to subscribe to my own youtube watchlist. That way I can mark a video as watchlater and then it will be automatically added to my Kodi library.

This is might already be possible, but I'm unsure. I couldn't find my own youtube account when searching for it in the add-on.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks.

I believe that playlist is always private so you would have to use another user-created playlist and find your YouTube channel to add the playlist to your library.
Do you mean create my own playlist and add videos to that instead of using youtube built-in watchlist? I'll give that a try.

Thanks.
(2016-01-02, 12:15)Loc2262 Wrote: .....
Right now I'm using Bromix' Youtube plugin and its subscriptions function. There you can toggle between a full list of uploads and the playlists. For those channels or playlists that I currently watch I have defined Kodi favorites for quick access.
You mean that you can subscribe to playlists in Bromix' Youtube plugin? Or do you mean that you've favorited several playlists so you can access them easily? That mechanic is different ofcourse, since Bromix' Youtube plugin only has to grab the videos of a playlist when you click on such a playlist.
(2016-01-02, 12:15)Loc2262 Wrote: ..
If you were to try and map that onto TV Shows/Seasons, it would indeed be best to allow a choice for each playlist like "Update automatically / Update manually / Ignore".

You're right, adding each playlist separately using the filters would certainly be possible. But I think it'd be quite cumbersome, and you know how people tend to be lazy, and it would also really clutter up the TV Shows list. Smile That's why I was thinking whether we could use the Seasons mechanic to have an automatic two-layered hierarchy.

I can see how this is probably not what you had in mind for your plugin. But if you're willing to try and pursue this use case, feel free to let me know and I'll gladly help you test it! Smile I'll also contact you via PM for the localization thing.
I've checked some channels you've send and most don't even seem to have that many playlists at the moment. But I fear when they've played a 100 games, they're gonna have a 100 playlists. Also, I wonder why you can't pick the uploads playlist and put the games you only want to see in the "include only" filter. The only problem is they wouldn't be ordered in seasons like the games. I have been thinking what would be an elegant solution in this, and picking more than 1 playlist in a channel could be a nice feature. I was thinking of maybe adding the option you can choose a maximum of playlists, or that the playlists are automatically disabled if a video isnt added in more than half a year or something. I was also thinking you should just still pick the uploads playlist, but adding in a feature that it will try to order them in seasons according to its game. There are always more than 1 road, so this could use some further thinking. Perhaps there is an elegant solution that could work Wink

Adding the playlist seperately can be quite cumbersome, I agree. I'm not quite sure if you knew exactly what I mean tho, since it wouldn't clutter up the TV Shows in your library, only the list in the addon. (If you add the same tv show information, the episodes should scan into the same folder, and thereby be put into the same tv show in the library)

(2016-01-02, 22:03)messers Wrote: If playlists that are sorted oldest to newest don't work (or won't re-scan) does that mean the Uploads playlist won't work?

Also I get seasons that aren't years for some (perhaps all) of the Uploads playlists I've added. Season 1, Season 2, then Season 2015 etc. I don't know if this is a known or intended behavior.
Uploads playlists should always be sorted newest to oldest. Tho I have seen in my testing that some uploads playlists have put the videos slightly out of order (weird Youtube API behaviour), making the newest video the 3th in the list, instead of the 1st. This shouldn't be a problem tho, if the new video is in the top 50 videos, my addon will stick pick it up. So I haven't come across any uploads playlist that don't work with this addon.

If you have chosen "year" as the season numbering; no, you shouldn't have seasons like 1 or 2. I had 1 playlist during my testing that did this, thought I fixed it and didn't come across it anymore. Is there perhaps something like 01x20 or s01e20 in the video title? It seeemed that the 02x12/s02e12 recognizition got fired up when it shouldn't.
Could you supply the channels/playlists where this behaviour happened?

(2016-01-02, 22:15)orbitnz Wrote: Hi there,

Keep up the great work!

Thanks.
Thanks! Smile. Yes, I want to add a feature in the future that allows you to log in and see all your own (private) playlists. Until then, however, the only way to add your playlists is if they are public and sorted newest to old. When you create a playlist, Youtube mostly sorts them oldest to newest by default. You can change this to newest -> oldest yourself in the playlist settings on youtube.

So, for now, you can create a playlist you call "To watch later" or something, make it public, sort it newest -> oldest, and add it into the addon. Then you can just add videos to that playlist, and they should be picked up automatically.

If you can't find your channel, it's probably because you haven't uploaded any videos and are not considered a channel. I believe you could still make yourself publically searchable without uploading a video, but I'm not sure how. You should google it, it's probably been asked before Wink.
Bromix' plugin uses the regular Youtube subscriptions. For each subscription it has a view of all uploads, and within that a "Playlists" subfolder that lists all the playlists which are themselves subfolders.

The way you're suggesting (using the same TV show info for all playlists of a letsplayer) is possible, but it would mean that I end up with all games thrown together in one "TV show". Smile It's kind of a requirement for me that I can have a list that only shows the contents of one playlist of the letsplayer.
Kind regards, Frank

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube Library3