• 3(current)
Beta Youtube Library
Great work, thank you very much!

I don't know if you know it yet: If a channel exceeds a certain amount of playlists, only a handful are shown (the newest).
I tried adding several playlists from youtube.com/rocketbeanstv (https://www.youtube.com/user/ROCKETBEANS...=dd&view=1), but most of the older ones aren't shown.
(2015-11-23, 04:53)Sleuteltje Wrote:
DataBass Wrote:I'm still receiving the same error on raspberry pi 2 when trying to install.
Did the previous download work? How about this one? In both cases I would like to know if you've gotta chance Smile.

Sorry for the late reply, I just installed the v0.9.4.1 on my RPi2 and all is well. Very nice addon, great work. Any idea when a music video update will be?
ParanoidJack Wrote:Yes, I can normally reach googleapis without any problems - there's just the odd occasion where it drops.

Some sort of error handling would be great.
I will try to find a solution Wink.
Btw, does your library automatically update when youtubelibrary is done updating playlists on Android? On my Android box for testing, this feature of my addon is not working. So I'm wondering if this is just my Android Box or if this is a problem with all my Android users.

(2015-12-04, 04:36)janitory Wrote: Great work, thank you very much!

I don't know if you know it yet: If a channel exceeds a certain amount of playlists, only a handful are shown (the newest).
I tried adding several playlists from youtube.com/rocketbeanstv (https://www.youtube.com/user/ROCKETBEANS...=dd&view=1), but most of the older ones aren't shown.
You're very welcome. Thnx for using you're 1st post to tell me. Welcome to the forums!
Yes, I was kinda lazy coding the display of playlists. I figured 50 + uploads/likes would be enough. Should not be to much of a hassle to display all playlists of a channel, so I will pick this up for a future release Wink. If you're impatient and you know XML, you can edit the settings.xml directly (located in you userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/Settings/ folder) and input the playlistsID's directly.

DataBass Wrote:Sorry for the late reply, I just installed the v0.9.4.1 on my RPi2 and all is well. Very nice addon, great work. Any idea when a music video update will be?
Glad to hear Smile. I don't have much free time during the last month of the year (clients seem to like 1st of januari as a deadline Tongue), so it could be a while before I even have time to do some small fixes (at the moment fixes don't seem critical enough to make haste).
My main focus at the moment is to get to a v1.0 stable release and maybe put it in the official Kodi Repo. After that v1.0 stable release I plan to create new features as Music Video's. But maybe I'll get crazy and add it in before v1.0. Let's see Smile.
At the moment I'm trying to get a repo up and running, so you guys can install the repo and get updates automatically. (Thanks edge06 for helping me set this up).
I hope this answers your question.
(2015-12-07, 00:53)Sleuteltje Wrote:
ParanoidJack Wrote:Yes, I can normally reach googleapis without any problems - there's just the odd occasion where it drops.

Some sort of error handling would be great.
I will try to find a solution Wink.
Btw, does your library automatically update when youtubelibrary is done updating playlists on Android? On my Android box for testing, this feature of my addon is not working. So I'm wondering if this is just my Android Box or if this is a problem with all my Android users.

For managing the library I've migrated from Android over to a headless-kodi/mysql docker container which is using watchdog for the library updates - but I'll try it with Android to confirm if it's a problem.

Also with the previous error: I've increased the scrape interval so that it's longer and that seems to have sorted the problem - it's continued to scrape YT for over a week without any problems.
(2015-12-07, 14:36)Paranoidjack Wrote: For managing the library I've migrated from Android over to a headless-kodi/mysql docker container which is using watchdog for the library updates - but I'll try it with Android to confirm if it's a problem.

Also with the previous error: I've increased the scrape interval so that it's longer and that seems to have sorted the problem - it's continued to scrape YT for over a week without any problems.
Thnx for trying it out! I'm not familair with your method of doing library updates.

What was the scrape interval when you were having trouble and at which value did the problem disappear? Then I could place it in a troubleshoot section for users maybe experiencing the same problem.
Just heard about this add-on and I have to say thank-you. I love having some of my favorite YouTube channels like HISHE in my library. So awesome. Kids like it to. Thanxx again!
(2015-12-08, 16:01)Sleuteltje Wrote:
(2015-12-07, 14:36)Paranoidjack Wrote: For managing the library I've migrated from Android over to a headless-kodi/mysql docker container which is using watchdog for the library updates - but I'll try it with Android to confirm if it's a problem.

Thnx for trying it out! I'm not familair with your method of doing library updates.

What was the scrape interval when you were having trouble and at which value did the problem disappear? Then I could place it in a troubleshoot section for users maybe experiencing the same problem.

The error which I thought was linked to scrape interval was down to me routing the traffic though a VPN - it was just coincidence that it stopped just as I increased the scrape interval.

For the library error on Android: I'm not getting an error when it updates after a successful scrape.
(2015-12-17, 06:58)Idokfire Wrote: Just heard about this add-on and I have to say thank-you. I love having some of my favorite YouTube channels like HISHE in my library. So awesome. Kids like it to. Thanxx again!
Thank you for your kind words. Have fun with it Smile, and your kids to!

Paranoidjack Wrote:The error which I thought was linked to scrape interval was down to me routing the traffic though a VPN - it was just coincidence that it stopped just as I increased the scrape interval.
So googleapis.com was unreachable at your VPN? Or just unreachable 1 out of 100. A scenario of some sorts? It's on my to-do list to create a retry of some sort if googleapis.com was unreachable.

Paranoidjack Wrote:.....
For the library error on Android - I'm not getting an error when it updates after a successful scrape.
I don't get a error either, it's about the functionality. Normally when you add something to the library, you have to manually start the scanning of the library before the new items are picked up. My addon does this automatically for you if you enabled this in the addon (enabled by default). So, when my addon is done updating playlists, you should see Kodi updating it's library automatically.

On my Android test box however, no such thing happens, without any errors. I was wondering if this was just my android box or if this is not working with all Android users.

So, any (Android) users that are reading this, does this functionallity work for you? Does Kodi start scanning the yt episodes automatically? (Any OS feedback is always appreciated ofcourse Wink )
I cannot recall if it scanned immediately. I will see if I can try it again with a new show and report back. I'm using Fire TV Stick.
Really nice. Is there a way to increase the length of the videos? Also is it possible to add a Movie folder. There are several playlists with movies I can watch and would like to add them to my library.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
(2015-12-18, 01:06)Idokfire Wrote: I cannot recall if it scanned immediately. I will see if I can try it again with a new show and report back. I'm using Fire TV Stick.
Thank you! You shouldn't have to add a new show to test. Every time new episodes are picked up by the addon, you should see Kodi updating it's library (and only the YTlibrary folder) automatically right after.

hunkyn Wrote:Really nice. Is there a way to increase the length of the videos? Also is it possible to add a Movie folder. There are several playlists with movies I can watch and would like to add them to my library.
I have no idea what you mean with increasing the length of the videos? You can't magically create minutes of video content out of thin air ofcourse Wink.
Movie support is already listed under Possible / Planned Features. Please look in the first post for this sort of information.
(2015-12-18, 23:15)Sleuteltje Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 01:06)Idokfire Wrote: I cannot recall if it scanned immediately. I will see if I can try it again with a new show and report back. I'm using Fire TV Stick.
Thank you! You shouldn't have to add a new show to test. Every time new episodes are picked up by the addon, you should see Kodi updating it's library (and only the YTlibrary folder) automatically right after.

hunkyn Wrote:Really nice. Is there a way to increase the length of the videos? Also is it possible to add a Movie folder. There are several playlists with movies I can watch and would like to add them to my library.
I have no idea what you mean with increasing the length of the videos? You can't magically create minutes of video content out of thin air ofcourse Wink.
Movie support is already listed under Possible / Planned Features. Please look in the first post for this sort of information.
sorry i meant changing the min and max times. i was trying to add hours but then i realized i can go upto 99 minutes so i can work that.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
just noticed the new 4.1 version is changed to HH:MM and works perfect.
Be sure to check back for new versions! Edge06 is helping me setup a repository (thnx edge06!). I will use that soon. Then you can install the repo and recieve automatic updates. Till then, new versions will have to be manually installed by downloading the zip file. So subscribe to this thread if you don't want to miss new updates / messages Wink.

(2015-12-19, 03:10)hunkyn Wrote: just noticed the new 4.1 version is changed to HH:MM and works perfect.
Yes, I figured filtering on seconds is not needed. Glad to hear it works for you. You can read the Changelog (in post #1) to see what has been changed between versions Wink (sorry if some stuff seems technical, it's cause some stuff is, well..., technical).
(2015-11-03, 00:32)Sleuteltje Wrote: Library Settings
Scan for new video every X hours: Scans for new videos to add every X hours
Thanks for this addon. I have a question or possibly a feature request. Is it possible to have it scan at a specified time of day? There are a couple of daily podcasts I watch on YouTube and it would be nice to scan after they're published every day.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube Library3