• 5(current)
Beta Youtube Library
(2016-01-03, 21:56)Loc2262 Wrote: ...
The way you're suggesting (using the same TV show info for all playlists of a letsplayer) is possible, but it would mean that I end up with all games thrown together in one "TV show". Smile It's kind of a requirement for me that I can have a list that only shows the contents of one playlist of the letsplayer.
Yes, they will all end up in the same TV show, each game in a different season. That's what you wanted, wasn't it? If you like every game to be a separate TV show, then there is no problem at all, just add the separate playlists to this addon with different tv show information.

I've tested text as a season, and Kodi skipped the video when scanning into the library. I figured I've tested this before and that's why I chose to do numbers only for the seasons & episodenumbers. So unless Kodi changes this, I don't see it getting any better than having the games from that channel ordered in numeric seasons. If you just want a view exactly like Bromix' subscriptions, there is no need to use something other than Bromix' subscriptions ofcourse Wink.

But like I said, maybe there is an elegant solution. Keep thinking about it Wink. Another thought I had was adding a feature that could auto-tag each video with the game it's from. This will make it possible to filter the tv show in the library.
Yes all of the weird season 1/2/3 whatever instances are where videos have something in the title that is being parsed as an episode number. I didn't notice that at first.

One example is the Uploads playlist of Clickspring, another is the one for HCJustin.
@Sleuteltje: Aah, you're right! Now I got what you meant by "hard-code the season number manually for each game". Sorry I was so "hard of hearing": Wink Yes you're right, that method would achieve what I'm looking for.

But as you said, compared to Bromix' dedicated Youtube plugin that'd be rather cumbersome and time-intensive. I shall keep thinking about this! Smile
Kind regards, Frank

Kodi: LibreELEC Beta
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 2 (Model B)
TV: Toshiba 47"
NAS: Debian Jessie x64 (Gigabyte GA-D510UD), HDD 3x1.5 TB + 1x2 TB (SnapRAID, MergerFS)
(2016-01-04, 04:50)messers Wrote: Yes all of the weird season 1/2/3 whatever instances are where videos have something in the title that is being parsed as an episode number. I didn't notice that at first.

One example is the Uploads playlist of Clickspring, another is the one for HCJustin.
I've tested both playlists and I don't have weird season numbering. With Clickspring everything is in season 2015, and with hcjustin I get Season 2010, 2014, 2015 and 2016. (season recognition on 'year' & episode recognition on 'default') So everything seems ok. Are you using the latest version (v0.9.5)?

(2016-01-04, 10:52)Loc2262 Wrote: @Sleuteltje: Aah, you're right! Now I got what you meant by "hard-code the season number manually for each game". Sorry I was so "hard of hearing": Wink Yes you're right, that method would achieve what I'm looking for.

But as you said, compared to Bromix' dedicated Youtube plugin that'd be rather cumbersome and time-intensive. I shall keep thinking about this! Smile
Yes, compared to Bromix' way of displaying playlists it's time-intensive. I could code the same display (perhaps in the future I will), but it would be in the addon instead of the library (thus missing the goal of this addon), and Bromix already covered this . Coding new features is also time-intensive for me Wink. This Addon already has a lot of customization options. So more customized setups require more time to setup ofcourse. As long as Kodi doesn't support text as seasons, I don't see ordering playlists in different numeric seasons much of a needed feature.
If the video titles contained something that would hint to a season/episode (like 01x20 does) I could program a filter for it.

Another idea I had was a feature where the playlists of the channel would function as the episodes. If you select an episode, the entire playlist would play, perhaps even stick together as one video. But I don't think something like that would be a good idea either. But maybe there's something there. There are always new ways to think off .

As you can see by the customization options of this addon, I do like to create versatile applications, so you're in luck there Wink. So if you've got a great idea, let's hear it. It does need to make sense tho and it's my limited free time, so I can't build everything Wink.
(2016-01-05, 03:50)Sleuteltje Wrote: I've tested both playlists and I don't have weird season numbering. With Clickspring everything is in season 2015, and with hcjustin I get Season 2010, 2014, 2015 and 2016. (season recognition on 'year' & episode recognition on 'default') So everything seems ok. Are you using the latest version (v0.9.5)?

I am using Kodi 15.2 and YouTube Library 0.9.5. I've attached three screenshots of my library showing a newly added channel's Uploads playlist. You can also see the episode numbering that is taking place which is also interesting.

watch gallery
(2016-01-06, 06:04)messers Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 03:50)Sleuteltje Wrote: I've tested both playlists and I don't have weird season numbering. With Clickspring everything is in season 2015, and with hcjustin I get Season 2010, 2014, 2015 and 2016. (season recognition on 'year' & episode recognition on 'default') So everything seems ok. Are you using the latest version (v0.9.5)?

I am using Kodi 15.2 and YouTube Library 0.9.5. I've attached three screenshots of my library showing a newly added channel's Uploads playlist. You can also see the episode numbering that is taking place which is also interesting.
Well, this is what i get (2 screenshots). On Kodi 15.2 with v0.9.5. Could you supply some screenshots of the settings of the playlist in the addon? Or better yet; your settings.xml file (located in userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/Settings/settings.xml).
First of all, thank you so much Sleuteltje! This is exactly what I've been looking for Smile

I spent all of yesterday setting up a rasperry pi for my little brother using raspbian and installing kodi separately and finished with the addition of your plugin (which I'll be adding to my personal pi too).
It worked flawlessly and after a fair bit of time we successfully added some of his favorite channels, some of which have over 3000 videos! I'm a little bit worried I may have set him up for a youtube addiction.. I checked some streams and it all worked perfectly Smile

Unfortunately this morning he woke up to some errors. I tried reinstalling the addon but I don't think it changed anything.

We discussed what had changed since yesterday but the only thing we can think of is that this morning he attempted to add a couple of streams to the kodi playlist (ie bringing up the menu on a video and selecting "Queue item" before playing them.

EDIT: sorry i forgot to give some details regarding my system!
Kodi compiled Aug 30 2015 by GCC 4.9.2 for Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.16.7 (200711)
Running on Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie), kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.18.0-trunk-rpi2
FFmpeg statically linked, version: 2.6.4-kodi-2.6.4-Isengard
Youtube Library: version 0.9.5

Attempting to play a video throws back this error (i made sure we selected a video that worked yesterday)

Code:
13:02:21 T:1661989808  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
13:02:21 T:1661989808  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
13:02:27 T:1780945840  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
13:02:27 T:1780945840  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:02:34 T:1780945840  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
13:02:34 T:1780945840  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:02:35 T:1780945840  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:02:35 T:1780945840  NOTICE: MICHS YoutubeLibrary:::::::: Running
13:02:40 T:1780945840  NOTICE: script.module.youtube.dl: youtube_dl core version: 2015.12.23
13:03:11 T:1780945840   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ZeroDivisionError'>
                                            Error Contents: integer division or modulo by zero
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/####/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/addon.py", line 139, in <module>
                                                play.playVid(id, filename, season, episode, show) #Play the video
                                              File "/home/####/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/play.py", line 158, in pl$
                                                diff = currentTime / totalTime #Calculate how much of the video has been watced
                                            ZeroDivisionError: integer division or modulo by zero
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
13:03:12 T:1946550272   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtubelibrary/?mode=play&id=TrvefxktlTg&show=YOGSCAST Lewis & Simon&season=2008&episode=1&filename=s2008e1 - Warcraft - How To_ Eredar Twins]
13:03:26 T:1780945840  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:03:29 T:1762333616  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
13:04:00 T:1780945840  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:04:00 T:1780945840  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:04:04 T:1780945840  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
13:04:04 T:1780945840  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
13:04:22 T:1739584432  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:04:22 T:1739584432  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

And when I attempted to reinstall the plugin I got this:

Code:
13:10:20 T:1803547568  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 6 times.
13:10:20 T:1803547568  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
13:10:24 T:1780945840  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:10:24 T:1780945840  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:10:58 T:1780945840  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
13:10:58 T:1780945840  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:10:58 T:1661989808  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:10:58 T:1780945840  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:10:58 T:1780945840  NOTICE: MICHS YOUTUBELIBRARY plugin.video.youtubelibrary: SERVICE.py started!
13:10:58 T:1780945840  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:10:59 T:1780945840  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:10:59 T:1780945840  NOTICE: MICHS YoutubeLibrary:::::::: Running
13:11:04 T:1780945840  NOTICE: script.module.youtube.dl: youtube_dl core version: 2015.12.23
13:11:04 T:1780945840 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1
13:11:04 T:1780945840  NOTICE: MICHS YoutubeLibrary:::::::: Playlist last scanned on: 2013-01-06 13:11:04.293011, now: 2016-01-06 13:11:04.293134
13:11:04 T:1780945840   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: [Errno socket error] [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl$
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/####/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/addon.py", line 73, in <module>
                                                routes.run_service()
                                              File "/home/####/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/routes.py", line 34, in r$
                                                service.update_playlists()
                                              File "/home/####/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/service.py", line 57, in $
                                                update_playlist(child.attrib['id'], type=type) #Update the nfo & strm files for this playlist
                                              File "/home/####/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/service.py", line 86, in $
                                                generators.write_tvshow_nfo(folder, settings)
                                              File "/home/####/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/generators.py", line 987,$
                                                urllib.urlretrieve(settings.find('thumb').text, folder+"/folder.jpg")
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib.py", line 98, in urlretrieve
                                                return opener.retrieve(url, filename, reporthook, data)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib.py", line 245, in retrieve
                                                fp = self.open(url, data)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib.py", line 213, in open
                                                return getattr(self, name)(url)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib.py", line 443, in open_https
                                                h.endheaders(data)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 997, in endheaders
                                                self._send_output(message_body)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 850, in _send_output
                                                self.send(msg)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 812, in send
                                                self.connect()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1212, in connect
                                                server_hostname=server_hostname)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 350, in wrap_socket
                                                _context=self)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 566, in __init__
                                                self.do_handshake()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 788, in do_handshake
                                                self._sslobj.do_handshake()
                                            IOError: [Errno socket error] [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2016-01-06, 15:45)petersyard Wrote: First of all, thank you so much Sleuteltje! This is exactly what I've been looking for Smile

I spent all of yesterday setting up a rasperry pi for my little brother using raspbian and installing kodi separately and finished with the addition of your plugin (which I'll be adding to my personal pi too).
It worked flawlessly and after a fair bit of time we successfully added some of his favorite channels, some of which have over 3000 videos! I'm a little bit worried I may have set him up for a youtube addiction.. I checked some streams and it all worked perfectly Smile

Unfortunately this morning he woke up to some errors. I tried reinstalling the addon but I don't think it changed anything.

We discussed what had changed since yesterday but the only thing we can think of is that this morning he attempted to add a couple of streams to the kodi playlist (ie bringing up the menu on a video and selecting "Queue item" before playing them.

EDIT: sorry i forgot to give some details regarding my system!
Kodi compiled Aug 30 2015 by GCC 4.9.2 for Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.16.7 (200711)
Running on Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie), kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.18.0-trunk-rpi2
FFmpeg statically linked, version: 2.6.4-kodi-2.6.4-Isengard
Youtube Library: version 0.9.5

Attempting to play a video throws back this error (i made sure we selected a video that worked yesterday)
Thanks. Nice to hear you and your brother get a lot of enjoyment out of my addon Smile. I'm at least glad you got to experience the addon as it was meant to be, bummer that these problems arised. Don't blame your little brother just yet Tongue! Queing items shouldn't be a problem.

Could you enable the debug option in the addon settings and then supply a link to me to the (entire) log file? I have to little information now to really guess what might be the problem. Which video were you trying to play?

The first error seems to be connected to playing a video. The second error seems related to SSL, maybe the internet was down, or the addon was still running when you were trying to re-install? Btw, you can backup the settings of this addon by copying the "userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtubelibrary" folder.

Good to hear that the raspberry pi seems to have no problems with playlists of even 3000 video's. Do remember tho you can pick playlists or use filters if you want to be more selective Wink. It suprises me (in a good way) my addon is still fast enough for such slow hardware Big Grin.
(2016-01-06, 07:41)Sleuteltje Wrote: Well, this is what i get (2 screenshots). On Kodi 15.2 with v0.9.5. Could you supply some screenshots of the settings of the playlist in the addon? Or better yet; your settings.xml file (located in userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/Settings/settings.xml).

Glad it's working for you. My configuration file looks like this. Hopefully it's just something I did.
Quote:Don't blame your little brother just yet

It's fun though! Big Grin

Quote:Could you enable the debug option in the addon settings and then supply a link to me to the (entire) log file? I have to little information now to really guess what might be the problem. Which video were you trying to play?

I've got a link for you here Smile hope it helps!

Quote:Good to hear that the raspberry pi seems to have no problems with playlists of even 3000 video's. Do remember tho you can pick playlists or use filters if you want to be more selective Wink. It suprises me (in a good way) my addon is still fast enough for such slow hardware Big Grin.
He is set on watching the majority of the channels' content it seems Smile
It's funny, but I always forget how powerful even the RPi model As are! By todays computing standards of course not, but go back 10 to 15 years and something like the RPi2 would be competitive! And then considering the price-point and power consumption! eep!
(2016-01-06, 22:43)messers Wrote: Glad it's working for you. My configuration file looks like this. Hopefully it's just something I did.
You have the episode recognition set to 'monthday' in the settings. That's why you get "weird" episodenumbers, the episodenumber represents the month+day the episode was uploaded to Youtube. To get the same results as in my screenshots you should set this option to "default".
To set this as default for whenever you add a playlist, go to your addon settings (Bring up the contextmenu in the addon with C on your keyboard -> 'Add-on Settings'). There in the tab "Default TV Show Settings", set the option "Episode Recognition" to "default". The addon should have this set by default tho, but maybe it didn't because you had an earlier version installed or something.
I've made some screenshots for you to show what I mean (the description does a little explenation of each picture).

(2016-01-07, 01:29)petersyard Wrote: ...
Quote:Could you enable the debug option in the addon settings and then supply a link to me to the (entire) log file? I have to little information now to really guess what might be the problem. Which video were you trying to play?

I've got a link for you here Smile hope it helps!
Are you sure you enabled the setting "Debug Mode" in the addon settings (not Kodi Debug Mode, but the Debug Mode of YT Library)?

I did some digging as to that error, and it seems that error is related to python 2.7.9. Is that the version of python you're raspberry runs? Since the connections are related to SSL connections and it seemed to run fine before, please check your network settings. It could very well be the case a firewall or proxy is blocking the SSL handshake. Also please try the version below, it will hopefully fix both your errors.

Users with connection errors, please try the following release:
Download YT Library v0.9.5.1
Code:
0.9.5.1:
- Fixed Bug: Images (folder.jpg etc.) will not be downloaded everytime the playlist is updated.
- Fixed Error: If the youtube server is not connectable, it will retry in 15 seconds with SSL disabled
- Fixed Error: division by zero error whith playback on video on some devices
- Fixed Error: If images are not downloadable with https://, it will try to download with http://
@Paranoidjack; this should hopefully also fix your drop-out connections.

Please note that v0.9.5.1 will disable SSL and re-connect after 15 seconds should the connection fail. As I've understood from this article Python 2.7.8 and below does handle this the same way anyway.
If anyone knows of any (security) concerns why the addon should not use
Code:
import ssl
ssl._create_default_https_context = ssl._create_unverified_context
now is the time to speak up Smile. Otherwise it will be merged into the master version.

Please let me know if this version fixes things for you. If this version is better, it will be put on the main page and be included in newer releases.
Quote:Are you sure you enabled the setting "Debug Mode" in the addon settings (not Kodi Debug Mode, but the Debug Mode of YT Library)?

Doh! I did just do the kodi debug mode..
So I just enable debug mode in the addon, run whatever caused a problem and then run the log uploader? Results

I do seem to be running python 2.7.9! should I run a different version?

Sadly the update to 0.9.5.1 didn't seem to fix it.

As far as the connection is concerned I couldn't see anything that would be affecting the connection.. also the same videos play when i use the standard youtube addon to play them.

Thanks again for your help with this!!
(2016-01-07, 03:53)Sleuteltje Wrote: You have the episode recognition set to 'monthday' in the settings. That's why you get "weird" episodenumbers, the episodenumber represents the month+day the episode was uploaded to Youtube. To get the same results as in my screenshots you should set this option to "default".
To set this as default for whenever you add a playlist, go to your addon settings (Bring up the contextmenu in the addon with C on your keyboard -> 'Add-on Settings'). There in the tab "Default TV Show Settings", set the option "Episode Recognition" to "default". The addon should have this set by default tho, but maybe it didn't because you had an earlier version installed or something.
I've made some screenshots for you to show what I mean (the description does a little explenation of each picture).

It doesn't sound to me like that's related to the Season 1, Season 2, etc problem. That's the issue. Changing the episode number detection didn't change anything (I used to have it default) regarding the weird season numbers.
(2016-01-07, 05:06)petersyard Wrote:
Quote:Are you sure you enabled the setting "Debug Mode" in the addon settings (not Kodi Debug Mode, but the Debug Mode of YT Library)?

Doh! I did just do the kodi debug mode..
So I just enable debug mode in the addon, run whatever caused a problem and then run the log uploader? Results

I do seem to be running python 2.7.9! should I run a different version?

Sadly the update to 0.9.5.1 didn't seem to fix it.

As far as the connection is concerned I couldn't see anything that would be affecting the connection.. also the same videos play when i use the standard youtube addon to play them.

Thanks again for your help with this!!
I see know youtube_dl fails to get a stream url. This is very strange. The video you're trying to play (videoid: TrvefxktlTg) does play in YT Library on my end. So not sure how to fix this. I can remove the error, but the video still wouldn't play.
You could try to change line 52-58 in resources/lib/play.py (in addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary) from:
Code:
try:
        #url = id #a youtube ID will work as well and of course you could pass the url of another site
        vid = YDStreamExtractor.getVideoInfo(id,quality=1) #quality is 0=SD, 1=720p, 2=1080p and is a maximum
        stream_url = vid.streamURL() #This is what Kodi (XBMC) will play
    except:
        dev.log('Failed to get a valid stream_url!')
        return False #Failed to grab a video title
to
Code:
vid = YDStreamExtractor.getVideoInfo(id,quality=1) #quality is 0=SD, 1=720p, 2=1080p and is a maximum
and see what kind of error you get in the log file. Maybe it would hint to the problem. I can repack a zip for you tomorrow that has this if it's to much trouble.

Is the other error (regarding updating playlists) gone tho?

Yes, downgrading below Python 2.7.8 would probably fix your problems, but than other python 2.7.9 users will probably report the same problem as you, so it wouldnt be real solution.

(2016-01-07, 05:33)messers Wrote: It doesn't sound to me like that's related to the Season 1, Season 2, etc problem. That's the issue. Changing the episode number detection didn't change anything (I used to have it default) regarding the weird season numbers.
I've copied your settings, so they were exactly the same as you have them. I don't get Season 1,2,3. I did get the "weird" episode numbers you've described, but only changing the episode recognition setting from 'monthday' to 'default' gave me the desired results.
Changing the detection won't change the numbering of episodes already scanned into the Library. You have to remove the show from your library, refresh the playlist in the addon and update the playlist again.
But yes, episode recognition shouldn't be off influence on the recognition of seasons.

So I can't recreate the problem on my end. Please recreate the problem & supply a log file with Debug Mode enabled in the addon settings.
(2016-01-07, 06:01)Sleuteltje Wrote: I see know youtube_dl fails to get a stream url. This is very strange. The video you're trying to play (videoid: TrvefxktlTg) does play in YT Library on my end. So not sure how to fix this. I can remove the error, but the video still wouldn't play.
You could try to change line 52-58 in resources/lib/play.py (in addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary) from:
Code:
try:
        #url = id #a youtube ID will work as well and of course you could pass the url of another site
    except:
        dev.log('Failed to get a valid stream_url!')
        return False #Failed to grab a video title
to
Code:
and see what kind of error you get in the log file. Maybe it would hint to the problem. I can repack a zip for you tomorrow that has this if it's to much trouble.

Is the other error (regarding updating playlists) gone tho?

Yes, downgrading below Python 2.7.8 would probably fix your problems, but than other python 2.7.9 users will probably report the same problem as you, so it wouldnt be real solution.

The playlist error weirdly only came up once for me (before 0.9.5.1) so I think that's working fine in the new version Smile

I changed the lines in play.py but sadly this still doesn't allow me to play the video ( I hope i did it correctly)
Results
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube Library3