• 3(current)
xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN
I downloaded the T3CH release from 9th Feb, redownladed xTV and put it all on the xbox.

Wow, it looks stunning! Worth the hassle I was having just to see it.

Thanks,
mj
mjsmyth Wrote:I downloaded the T3CH release from 9th Feb, redownladed xTV and put it all on the xbox.

Wow, it looks stunning! Worth the hassle I was having just to see it.

Thanks,
mj
Thanx
Yesterday i have had a little problem with xTV: after loading with the initial xTV splash the image when black and does nothing. I rebooted the XBox and the same, and for test if it was an XBMC error i conected via ftp and suddendly xTV started to work correctly, as if ftp sayed "ey you, wake up!". I was playing with Xebian (XBox version of Linux Debian) and the wrap style view, if it can help...
When you update the skin you really should switch to another skin then delete and replace. I have had some adverse effects from overwriting.
CHI3f Wrote:When you update the skin you really should switch to another skin then delete and replace. I have had some adverse effects from overwriting.

I didn't upgrate it since i installed it (a week ago more or less...). I thought it could be something about the graphic card because i had been working with Linux. In any case it work correctly now (xTV had got a bad day... :p)
start using this skin yesterday and its great, its up there with pmIII easy!!!

good work lads!!!

the only bug i found is [well apart from the small text] when u go to the visualisation setting while listening to a song [there are no setting availible] are constantly displayed in the background,,, makin it hard to read the text!!!

can wait for an update!!!
Thanks.

And I can't figure out why the vis select button will no show up. It has been driving me crazy. I can even take the code for that button right out of PMIII and put it in there and it still does not work.
Thanks alot. I like the skin. Nod Nod
Sweet!

This is a really nice skin. Thanks for the constant updates!

Came across just a couple of things I thought worth mentioning. When I'm listening to music and I browse my videos in library mode, I get the music track information garbled up in the top corner. Also thought it would be nice not to have the scroll bar on the side when viewing directories in wrap mode.

Thanks again, keep up the great work!

Sj

http://members.shaw.ca/isabellagrace/ima...enshot.jpg
You are only the second person I have heard of having that bug. I can't make sense of it since there isn't even a pagecontrol asigned to wrap view.

When you upgrade do you overwrite the skin or do you delete it and replace with the new one? I do not suggest overwriting cause it can cause some adverse effects.

And about the player time overlapping is fixed now. Good eye, I probably would not have noticed cause I don't ever use library view.
Hi, I am new to XBMC in general but already love the XTV skin. It's by far the most beautiful one I have seen so far and also very useable (esp. compared to skins like MC360). Keep up the great work even though I personally don't see much room for improvement since it's almost perfect Smile
CHI3f Wrote:You are only the second person I have heard of having that bug. I can't make sense of it since there isn't even a pagecontrol asigned to wrap view.

If you refer to scroll control, i thought i have it too. I'll download it and update. I'll tell you later if it have worked.
Hi CHI3f,

I saw your log about removing the changelog script because it uses guibuilder. I hope you didn't mis-understand what was asked of you.

It is ok, and perfectly acceptable to include any script you want. Use guibuilder, edit it or whatever you want. Smile

I believe what Jezz_X and I meant was to not put that stuff in the main trunk. Offer it as an extras package. I see the skinning svn doesn't have a extras or some other folder for that. Maybe that could be added to the scripting svn.

I think the changelog script that you modified for your script was and is a good idea. Scripts like this I believe (I have no say in the skinning svn) Are accepatable in the main trunk.

Also, you committed a thumbs.db file in one of your last commits. I know you know that can cause conflicts, just pointing it out.

Good luck.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
CHI3f Wrote:You are only the second person I have heard of having that bug. I can't make sense of it since there isn't even a pagecontrol asigned to wrap view.

When you upgrade do you overwrite the skin or do you delete it and replace with the new one? I do not suggest overwriting cause it can cause some adverse effects.

And about the player time overlapping is fixed now. Good eye, I probably would not have noticed cause I don't ever use library view.

When I upload to my xbox I always switch to a different skin and and complete delete and then transfer the xtv folder.

I'll try making a whole new svn and doing an update just incase something didn't transfer properly. I'll let ya know if that fixes the wrap view issue.

Thanks again, I love the simplicity of itv and having it on my xbox is even better!
for anybody haveing trouble with the scrool bar in the wrap view, have u even checked ur skin setting in settingsHuh??

all u have to do is uncheck the box that says [use scroolbars]!!!!

anyway, do u know in PMIII when u press the white button at the home screen while listning to music it shows the visualisation in the backgroundHuh

well the feature is not available in xtv but it would be cool if u could make that button bring up this view:

just a thought, i think it looks deadly!!!!!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN11