SMB time out on Fire TV
Running Amazon Fire TV Box Generation 2 with latest android arm release of Kodi side-loaded. SMB server running on iMAC: Snow Leopard

The problem I get when trying to add/access shares from SMB is that half the time it fails to connect to the drives on SMB and other times they connect just fine. My connection is over Wi-Fi. If wired, I never have a problem. Over Wi-Fi, I try to navigate to shares via direct IP or through the "Add Network Location"/"Windows SMB" options in Kodi and I get the same outcome, "Connection Timed Out" message on 1 or 2 of my drives, while others connect. Then hours later I go to try again and it works on all the drives on my server. My firewall is off. So I don't know why the box does this, but I think its something to do with the Wi-Fi piece. It's weird that it will connect to some drives, but not all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
***SOLVED***

For those running a similar setup, after years of never having issues, for some reason my SMB shares would not connect through the standard manual input of IP through kodi...smb://xxx.xxx.x.x, but when I use zeroconf to access the shares, it works just fine all around. Now I'm having a problem accessing the shares over my LAN. Over wifi, all works fine. I think my router is the issue, but since I got it all working over wifi, I think im just gunna call it good. I have zero loss of speed over wifi so far.

So long story short, I had to take my system off the LAN and go through wifi and tell kodi to access the smb through zeroconf. Hope this helps anyone who might run into the same problem. Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB time out on Fire TV0