Feature request to scrape local info for compilation artist
I posted this originally in main bug feature requests but upon more thought I'm thinking its a missing scraper feature so I'm posting it here.

From what I can tell this is not a bug but a missing feature.

If I have an artist in my collection that exists only on compilations or as feature artists and they do not have online sources to be scraped from... even if I have a folder properly named with the artists name, an nfo with musicbrainz tag and other tags, and I have local thumb and fanart, the scraper will still not load this artists information into the database.

What works...
1- If I have a compilation artist only, and this artist has data online, it will be scraped and loaded from online sources.
2- If I have an artist with their own songs in my collection, no online source, but my own local data the scraper will pick up all my local information for this artist (example being songs my wife recorded)
3- If I have an artist in my collection that also has online sources then my local information and art is still loaded and takes precedence over online scraping sources.

What does not work...
3- If I have an artist folder, with nfo/thumb, and fanart, but no songs in it, because they only appear on compilation albums or as featured artists, and they have no online source available to the scrapers, then I can see them in my kodi library and view the songs they appear on, but no data from the nfo is loaded, neither is any of the local artwork.

I have tried the local only, universal, and the audiodb scrapers.

I do contribute to online scraping sources, and imagine that right now this would be the only way to get data loaded for the artists. Or I could go through each Kodi installation and art manually atleast. But not feasible.

I'd like Kodi to scrape all local information for artists. Then it could only show data if they appear on any song in the library. Or if an artist is scrapped from any music file tag then it should look for local folder/nfo and scrape data from that.
Any thoughts or feedback on this would be appreciated. Basically just want to have the same local scraping/preference with artists that don't have their own album.
Still interested in this...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature request to scrape local info for compilation artist0