Matching Videos to Music Artist or Album Test Data
(2015-11-17, 19:45)DarkHelmet Wrote: Using Jarvis Beta 1 I did some tests. I have music videos by the band "Chvrches". They are in mp4 format and I tagged them with Mp3tag. The tag fields I used were: title, track, artist, year, genre, albumartist. I also embedded cover art in the file. I added the videos to a folder which belongs to my music library. I then scanned that folder to the music library.

Here is the first scan with kodis default settings.

http://pastebin.com/wndDQLV2

Nothing happens with default settings. The files and the tags are not read and not added to the library.

Here is the second scan. I added "mp4" in advancedsettings.xml to music extensions:

http://pastebin.com/HAxnnFFu

In this case the files and the tags were read as if they were music files (like mp3 files with tags for example). The artist was created in the music library and two albums. The videos were associated correctly to the two albums. Playback works kind of. The album that I tried to playback was loaded into the now playing music list and the first video started playing. When I hit skip to next track however playback stopped immediately.

As a last test I added these two full albums in mp3 format to the folder too and scanned the folder to the music library. The tags are filled like the videos were.

http://pastebin.com/cSmW4T6v

The music files and the tags were read by kodi and the music tracks were added to the albums that were previously created when I scanned the music video files to the library. The result was that i had some multiple entries for the songs that I have as an mp3 audio file and as an mp4 video file. Somehow expected behaviour. The same would happen if had multiple versions of a song in mp3 and flac format for example.

Playback behaviour was the same as before. It started playing the first file (a video). Hitting skip to next track resulted in a playback stop.

I'll report back in some hours with what could possibly be done with this. The really good thing is that mp4 tag reading is absolutely possible in kodi. However this only works for files that are claimed to be audio files. Tags are not read if they are marked as video.

When you are playing these files I would be interested in knowing what is in the now playing playlists. You might need to map keys to specifically open music playlist and video playlist windows as in some cases the default just is "playlist" and at least for me it isn't always easy to see which window was opened (but you can turn on skin debug as a way to tell).

scott s.
The now playing video list is empty. All files from the album (video and music tracks) are loaded into the now playing music list.
Scott, check out my bug report here.

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16285

Whenever you start to play something from the music library and therefore there are items in the now playing music list, ALL files you queue, from the video or the music library, get queued into the now playing music list. Playback even for video files works. You can create a mixed now playing list, consisting of music, music videos, tv shows, movies, whatever and it will work. Do the same with the now playing video list and playback of a video following a music track will fail. I believe the music visualization does not get destroyed but that's a guess after reading my logs.
Yes I think I've seen some weirdness here (like play next song automatic also controls music video playback). "Mixed" playlist I think was designed for combined music video and music (songs not album) playlist.

I thought I saw something hiccup going from music library artist node view to go to music video by artist and then when there in video library go to albums by artists and it returns in music/artist/albums. But I couldn't repeat it so may be operator error on my part.

One thing I've wanted was in video/musicvideo/album view I can't find any way to get an album art (cover) to display.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Matching Videos to Music Artist or Album Test Data0