Timeout for tunning when no signal?
Kodi 15.2 dx11 and DVBviewer pro and RS both original (paid).

All is used locally, the TV card and softs are installed and run in the same HTPC.

DVBviewer and RS/KODI run fine in almost any channel but i have a problem with some over the air channels with bad coverage depending in weather conditions (DVB-T).

When i try to watch any of these channels and there is no signal Kodi stay showing "buffering" message for around 30 secs and it throw me at channel list or it simply stay "freeze" for a very long time and then i must press a key to gain control again.

Is there any setting that i can use to lower this timeout in RS or dvbviewer PVR addon?

Maybe to 5 seconds or even 2?

I tried in Kodi settings>TV>playback>timeout was on 5 sec changed to 2 sec, same behavior.

I checked this problematic channels in DVBviewer and it simply try to tune it and almost immediately allow me to tune any other channel without a problem.
Yes, that's something I also experience. Afaik there's no way to modify this behavior or shorten the wait time. But I have to admit I have no in-depth knowledge of Kodis player.
(2015-11-06, 20:28)manül Wrote: Yes, that's something I also experience. Afaik there's no way to modify this behavior or shorten the wait time. But I have to admit I have no in-depth knowledge of Kodis player.

Where do you think (which soft part) a possible solution will be set for this timeout?

In RS itself ?

In the PVR addon?

In kodi when it detect "buffering" for a very long time? It has a timeout for this but it doesn't work properly right now.

If we don't know who ask for a solution, the solution will never come.

I guess it could be possible for Kodi itself to "cut" the tunning request.

What do you think about?
(2015-11-06, 21:32)sammarbella Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 20:28)manül Wrote: Yes, that's something I also experience. Afaik there's no way to modify this behavior or shorten the wait time. But I have to admit I have no in-depth knowledge of Kodis player.
In kodi when it detect "buffering" for a very long time? It has a timeout for this but it doesn't work properly right now.

I need a 30 second tuner timeout, but when I set "Timeout when starting playback" the "playback" stops after about only 15 seconds. It is a shame that there is a setting for a tuner timeout, but it doesn't work correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeout for tunning when no signal?0