• 15(current)
Release Aerial (ATV4 Screensavers)
Yep I realize Dolby Vision should fall back to HDR, but I know there are videos out there that only have a Dolby Vision layer so have no fall back. And these being from Apple I wasn't sure if that could be the case here, since Apple likes to follow it's own path. I'll download some of the videos and try them out to see how it goes.
(2022-06-08, 01:59)dpar Wrote: Yep I realize Dolby Vision should fall back to HDR, but I know there are videos out there that only have a Dolby Vision layer so have no fall back. And these being from Apple I wasn't sure if that could be the case here, since Apple likes to follow it's own path. I'll download some of the videos and try them out to see how it goes.

To answer my own question, none of these 4K HDR screensavers seem to have an HDR base, all seem to be Dolby Vision only. I spot checked several of them with mediainfo and only saw DV layer. I also tested playing them through Kodi and outside of it and HDR doesn't trigger.

I can't say that ALL of them are this way as I only tested a handful, so maybe there are some that are HDR compatible? Unless there's an issue with HDR .mov files somewhere, but I don't believe that's the case since mediainfo doesn't report anything other than DV with no HDR compatible listed.

For now I'm using the 4K SDR versions which still look very good, just a little disappointing that I can't use the HDR versions.
I'll download some of the videos and try them out to see how it goes.
Hey guys killer addon but it seems like the videos are washed out when enableling hdr its not triggered at all on my shield tv pro (2019) I dont have this problem on my fire tv cube am I doing something wrong gentlemen thanks in advance
Do you have the Dolby Vision version of Kodi loaded on your Shield? These videos only have a Dolby Vision layer and not HDR, so it will only trigger if you support Dolby Vision. I haven't tested all of the videos, but all of the ones I checked with Mediainfo showed no base HDR10 compatible layer.

Since I'm running a Win10 box with Kodi I just went with the 4K non-DV versions of the screensavers, which works perfectly fine. Would be nice to have HDR as well, but since it isn't available not much I can do about that.
yes i do but since i have a samsung TV and they decided to opt for the competition of DV and went with HDR10+ only unfortunately i dont have the luxury., it will still produce the green and purple tint ( samsung i really dont know the reason for this if your reading this)
(2022-09-03, 14:41)gemini88 Wrote: yes i do but since i have a samsung TV and they decided to opt for the competition of DV and went with HDR10+ only unfortunately i dont have the luxury., it will still produce the green and purple tint ( samsung i really dont know the reason for this if your reading this)

Yeah then you're kind of in the same boat I am, you'll only be able to use the 4k non-DV version of the files (which still look amazing btw). I downloaded them all and run the locally on my setup.
(2021-12-31, 18:00)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey, just a request. Can you add  the description of what video is playing on the screen like the Evolve version does. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=347678

Was this ever added? I'd like to know what I'm looking at too...
Is there a way to stop it waking up my attached TVs constantly please?  I am using Pi4s with Libreelec and after turning the TVs off, they get woken up to show the screensaver.  Happens whether I leave a profile logged in or on the login screen.
(2022-08-30, 17:00)dpar Wrote: Would be nice to have HDR as well, but since it isn't available not much I can do about that.
I am actually *really* surprised by Apple choosing to offer HDR videos for a screensaver. While I understand the need for aesthetical nicety, that is amply taken care of by SDR videos. HDR videos on a screensaver are a waste of energy in a world that needs to save energy. And for a self-appointed ethical company such as Apple is... baffling.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Trying this on Kodi 21.9-RC2.  It works fine as long as no music is playing.  It does not come on when music is playing.

In the Kodi Settings > Interface, I have turned off the "Disable screensaver when playing auto" option.  In Settings > Player > Music I have set Visualization to None.

I have 21.9-RC2 running on both Android and Windows. This behavior is identical on both platforms.

Suggestions?
Cheers................................DenmanGuy

Amp: ONKYO TX-SR494; Display: SAMSUNG Q60 58" QLED TV; Processor: Fire TV Stick 4K Max (2nd Gen) - Quad-core 2.0GHz; OS: Android; RAM: 16 GB; KODI: 21.0.0
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aerial (ATV4 Screensavers)6