• 2(current)
Release Aerial (ATV4 Screensavers)
Hopefully fixed: https://github.com/enen92/screensaver.at...master.zip

-Added a new window with a player control and without video osd
-Playlist is shuffled before playback
-Fix screensaver preview
-New way of disabling places in the addon settings
-Added a "smart" choice for the screensaver. This will basically only show day aerial videos if the time of the day is between 7h-19h and night aerial videos otherwise. Of course the videos presented are only for the places enabled in the addon settings. By default they are all enabled.

Cheers
Any testing would be great

edit: sent to the repository
This is a great addon!
I was able to install the ATV4 Screensaver add on on my Nvidia Shield. It looks great. fantastic work.

it looks like it's set up as a set of videos, this works OK if nothing else is running, but I was hoping to be able to have the screensaver while playing music.

Unless I misunderstand the settings, that is not possible right now. any thoughts on how to set it up so that music can play while the screensaver runs?

Fantastic work, enen92!
Peace,
Fritz Boyle

NVIDIA Shield
It wont be possible until the day Kodi supports 2 video players. It looks some work has been done in that regards. Dont forget Kodi is playing videos with this screensaver so the player is being used when it is active.
Cheers
First of all, apologies for not replying to the previous inquiries - I never got a notification from the forum about new posts for some reason Smile

Latest version seems to be running fine on my AFTV1, and is a thing of beauty.

One unintended consequence is that if you use something like YATSE on your mobile devices it always shows a video as playing. Not sure what can be done about it!
take a look at how screensaver.weather sets up a monitor for your re-write efforts.

also would LOVE it if you could enable (as an option) the ability to cache the screensaver video to local drive to save on unnecessary bandwidth usage and when the Kodi system is offline. plus it is not known how long apple will be so nice with access to the videos anyway.
thanks!
(2015-11-22, 21:09)mgonzales Wrote: take a look at how screensaver.weather sets up a monitor for your re-write efforts.

also would LOVE it if you could enable (as an option) the ability to cache the screensaver video to local drive to save on unnecessary bandwidth usage and when the Kodi system is offline. plus it is not known how long apple will be so nice with access to the videos anyway.
thanks!
Thanks for the recomendations. I dont think I need a monitor since the onAction kills everything. Do I?

As for the offline stuff its doable Smile i'll implement it later this week

Regards
I installed it on my chromebox and I'm just getting a black screen. Is there something I need to change to get it to work? Thanks Angel
Install the new version and not the old one.
installed new master zip from github but I also get a black screen shortly after seeing a video which has a ¨loading video file¨ icon on the lower left side.

any help would be appreciated.
Ps. My music stops when I exit the screensaver by moving the mouse or pressing a key on the keyboard.
This screensaver uses the video player...when it stops it will of course stop everything that is playing. Did you activate the screensaver while playing something? That was probably the problem.
I had a few problems with the black screen on the raspberry pi but they got solved after the update to openelec 6.0.0.

I have made some improvements to the addon:
-The addon now has a monitor
-The addon can now work in offline mode without downloading the videos from the web on each call. To achieve this you will need to go to the addon settings, set a folder to save the videos and then download the videos. You can download them all or just some specific places. When the screensaver is on it will check first if you have the video on the folder. Only in case you don't it will play the video from the web.

Also, I made a backup of all the videos to my google drive in case apple decides to be apple Smile
(2015-11-24, 23:55)enen92 Wrote: This screensaver uses the video player...when it stops it will of course stop everything that is playing. Did you activate the screensaver while playing something? That was probably the problem.
I had a few problems with the black screen on the raspberry pi but they got solved after the update to openelec 6.0.0.

I have made some improvements to the addon:
-The addon now has a monitor
-The addon can now work in offline mode without downloading the videos from the web on each call. To achieve this you will need to go to the addon settings, set a folder to save the videos and then download the videos. You can download them all or just some specific places. When the screensaver is on it will check first if you have the video on the folder. Only in case you don't it will play the video from the web.

Also, I made a backup of all the videos to my google drive in case apple decides to be apple Smile
So basically there's no way I can use this as a screensaver without interrupting my music all the time?
Bummer
Yap basically that won't be possible for the foreseeable future, kodi can only control a single instance of the player. But there are some threads here about the redesign of the video player. Basically in a distante future we will be able to control 2 kodi instances and have stuff like pip. But yeah, too distant (2/3 years according to what I have read).
Hi enen92,

I am using the screensaver on an FireTV 1. Gen and it is beautiful! Thank you so much.

Could you please add a random function? Otherwise I am basically never going to see more than one or two videos. It starts everytime with Hawaii by day.
Use the last version that is on GitHub. The playlist is shuffled on that version
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aerial (ATV4 Screensavers)6