• 7(current)
Release Aerial (ATV4 Screensavers)
Doesn't work on my Odroid C2, video freezes after 20 seconds or so (I've downloaded the videos themselves and they play just fine).
ODROID C2 eMMC 16GB | LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2 + fTV | Logitech Harmony Elite remote | LG 55EG910V
Problem installing Aerial Screensaver on Kodi:

Kodi16.1
Mac OS X 10.12.1

These are the steps I attempted:
System ➔ Settings ➔ Add-ons ➔ Install from repository ➔ Kodi Add-on repository ➔ Look and fell ➔ Screensaver ➔ Aerial ➔ Install

When I click on the Install button, nothing happens
I am trying to use this screen saver woth Random Screensaver adon - it seems it is not compatible. Could anything be done with that? Smile
OK, to answer my own question - somebody else might find it useful; in order to make it compatible with Random Screensaver addon, just edit the adon.xml file and after line:

<extension point="xbmc.ui.screensaver" library="atv.py" />

add:

<extension point="xbmc.python.script" library="atv.py" />

Smile
Is this incompatible with krypton? I get 'installation failed' when I attempt to install it (beta5 or git).
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
A great screensaver, but am I right in thinking that it just downloads each movie clip before playing -- and doesn't save them?

The clips look to be about 150MB and play for around 3 minutes, which means the screensaver's downloading up to 3GB per hour! At least this is what appears to be happening on Pi.
Well today with unlimited internet it is not a problem, right? Smile I have 120 mbps unlimited net and I don't care how much it downloads...

Anyways, there is an option in settings to download all the files... it takes awhile... but i.e. for me space on my Android Box is more precious than gb trasnfered Smile
I've been very happily running version 1.3.2 of the Aerial plugin in offline mode.

I noticed yesterday that a couple of new screensavers suddenly started showing in the "China by Day" category. So I checked my internet bandwidth, and sure enough, these new videos were being downloaded in real time, and not caching, which I was hoping the plugin would do automatically for new video additions.

So I concluded that I had to use the Download setting to re-download all videos, including the many I already had. When I started the download, I realized a couple of things. First, I noticed that the video file names had changed to a new pattern. And secondly, I realized that videos for several new locales were being downloaded, including Los Angeles, Hong Kong and Dubai. Yet, the plugin settings to enable/disable specific locales still only offered the original choices of London, New York, Hawaii, San Francisco and China.

So I have two questions:

1. Will the plugin settings be updated to reflect the new locales now on offer so that their videos will go into the mix?

2. Is there any way the offline feature could automatically cache video files that are not in the local folder when it notices them on the server? Since the video player can handle filenames, I'm thinking that a tee to the permanent cache file and to a temporary named pipe (at least on those OSes that support named pipes) might allow the video to get saved and "stream" at the same time.

Thanks in any case for the great plugin.
The old saver mov's have the same name, only the new ones have new naming....
Yes, and to correct something I said, it looks like mostly the new files were downloaded to the cache, with only one old file (b1-1.mov) getting re-downloaded for some reason. So the Download Videos feature is not as wasteful as I had feared.

Anyway, some of the new videos are really nice -- I like the Dubai and Greenland ones a lot, as well as a stunning desertscape (Sahara?) -- so I'd be very glad to have them as part of the screensaver mix.
Thanks so much for this. It works well, nice to be able to save the videos. I wonder if you can add a way to set the screen saver to turn off or go to black after a certain amount of time?
. After I shut my TV off, the pc keeps playing the videos endlessly. I don't want me PC to go into sleep, because it has other tasks to do.
Thanks again!
@sssscary - https://github.com/enen92/screensaver.atv4/issues/7
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
Thanx for the update, any chance to add

<extension point="xbmc.python.script" library="atv.py" />

to addon.xml so it can be sed with randomscreensaver??

D.
Yes, thanks a lot for the update.

The Liwa desertscape came up suddenly today when my screensaver kicked in, and I had a moment of disorientation while I realized that it wasn't showing in the context of the manual playlist I had created with the new videos.
Is there a way to have the chromecast screensaver/wallpaper show as screensaver in Kodi? URL: https://clients3.google.com/cast/chromecast/home
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aerial (ATV4 Screensavers)6