• 10(current)
Release Aerial (ATV4 Screensavers)
When playing music in party mode fullscreen, aerial will try to start after 5 minutes,
turn the screen simply black and every button press results in music playback stopping.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
(2017-07-29, 20:28)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: When playing music in party mode fullscreen, aerial will try to start after 5 minutes,
turn the screen simply black and every button press results in music playback stopping.

I'll have a look thanks for reporting
In my case, it doesnt work anymore.

I deleted it, reinstalled it, just a black screen... any ideas ?
(2017-08-18, 19:28)hemorieder Wrote: In my case, it doesnt work anymore.

I deleted it, reinstalled it, just a black screen... any ideas ?
Debug log please

Enviado do meu A0001 através de Tapatalk
I also get a black screen. You can see it flash then immediately go black. (when i turn on "show start notification - works sometimes)
It probably doesn't mean anything but the screensavers in Kodi are listed as follows.
Aerial
Black
Dim.
When I select Aerial does it somehow get kicked down to Black which is next on the list?
I can't disable the Black saver to test this out.
Aerial is fantastic when it works. Have it on Windows and love it.
Just thinking outside the box. Dave
I am not able to reproduce. Please provide a debug log or at least the Kodi version and information about the platform you're running Kodi on.

Enviado do meu A0001 através de Tapatalk
Using LibreELEC 8.02 build Kodi 17.3 Git:147cec4, RPI 3 and Mimic skin.
I just tried Aerial using the Estuary skin and it seems to work just fine. I should have done this before I posted. My apologies, sorry to waste your time.
Hello. I absolutely love your screensaver. I have been using it in offline mode for about a week with no issues, however I have just started having an issue with it tonight, when the 2 minutes are up for the screensaver to start, it turns black and freezes. No response to the remote, controller or keyboard. I have to manually reboot the Mac Mini to start Kodi up again. I'm running the plug-in on a Mac Mini running LibreElec 8. I have taken a peek at the logs and will be attaching the moment where the error pops up momentarily.

Edit: Here is the error, if you need anything please let me know.

19:25:18.185 T:140521163728640 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'Screensaver' object has no attribute 'atv4player'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.atv4/resources/lib/atv.py", line 130, in onAction
self.clearAll()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.atv4/resources/lib/atv.py", line 123, in clearAll
self.atv4player.stop()
AttributeError: 'Screensaver' object has no attribute 'atv4player'
-->End of Python script error report<--
19:26:02.000 T:140522744692864 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
ignore
Little more info, when I set the screensaver to Auto and play it in the evening, it experiences the black screen. However setting it to All (time of day BTW) it works fine.
(2017-09-04, 15:16)dat_htpc_doh Wrote: Little more info, when I set the screensaver to Auto and play it in the evening, it experiences the black screen. However setting it to All (time of day BTW) it works fine.

Just confirming that I had the black screen issue and this fixes it.
(2017-09-01, 12:45)enen92 Wrote: I am not able to reproduce. Please provide a debug log or at least the Kodi version and information about the platform you're running Kodi on.
I've also had the same issue (stopped working, just gives a black screen) since several months back.

Minix NEO-U1 FW013 20170629
Running XMBC 16.3-0 Git:2016-09-10-33731b5-dirty (this is the Minix-supplied XMBC)
Operating system: Android 5.1.1 API level 22 (kernel: Linux 3.14.29)

If you want detailed logs, I'll have to ask you to give me a pointer to how-to instructions?

EDIT: Messing around with the settings, I got it working momentarily by deselecting "Show start notification", and it stopped working once I re-selected it. However, reverting back to the unselected state, or actually any other setting change I could think of (including restoring defaults) did not restore functionality. Could it somehow be messing up its own settings and because of this be unable to function?
Yeah same for me. It happens often. I have mine on Smart - I'll switch it to the others to see if I can reproduce as it's hard to believe that setting would matter, it's just playing back a video.

Logs below. After next black screen, which I have to quit to get out of, I'll set the logs to debug

19:14:44.603 T:7968   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'Screensaver' object has no attribute 'atv4player'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\$USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\screensaver.atv4\resources\lib\atv.py", line 130, in onAction
                                                self.clearAll()
                                              File "C:\Users\$USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\screensaver.atv4\resources\lib\atv.py", line 123, in clearAll
                                                self.atv4player.stop()
                                            AttributeError: 'Screensaver' object has no attribute 'atv4player'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
It hung again today, I turned debug on and it hung shortly thereafter. Here you go, I hope that helps

@Karellen-Log removed
@gribbler

No logs in forum please. Use a public pastebin site... https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aerial (ATV4 Screensavers)6