• 11(current)
Release Aerial (ATV4 Screensavers)
Gotcha - sorry. Sadly I don't have that log to paste anymore.
(2018-01-20, 05:24)gribbler Wrote: It hung again today, I turned debug on and it hung shortly thereafter.
Could you give a pointer on how to turn debug on, I'd try to get some debug log to pastebin if I just knew how?
v1.5.0 (11/03/2018)
  • Code refactoring
  • Remove playlist and control it manually (avoid setting repeat modes)
  • Option to avoid streaming (use only local files)
  • Fixes for Leia
(2018-03-11, 23:13)enen92 Wrote: v1.5.0 (11/03/2018)
  • Code refactoring
  • Remove playlist and control it manually (avoid setting repeat modes)
  • Option to avoid streaming (use only local files)
  • Fixes for Leia

Great work!  Can you tag it please?
Code:
tag=1.5.0
git tag "$tag" -m "$tag" && git push --tags
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
Unfortunately to make it work for leia a few changes were required in the code which makes it incompatible with the helix version. As it is impossible for me to keep updates in two branches:

- Helix version was marked as broken (it will continue to work though, but no updates will be provided anymore)
- Moved the addon to the krypton repository

PS: Tagged
(2018-03-12, 00:06)enen92 Wrote: Unfortunately to make it work for leia a few changes were required in the code which makes it incompatible with the helix version. As it is impossible for me to keep updates in two branches:

- Helix version was marked as broken (it will continue to work though, but no updates will be provided anymore)
- Moved the addon to the krypton repository

PS: Tagged
Thanks, updated the Arch package: https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/c...a494f40048
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
v1.5.1 8/4/2018:
- Adds spanish translation (tks roliverosc)
- Removed hardcoded strings from settings.xml

(tagged on github)
Platform: 17.6 Windows

Downloading files works fine the first time.   Each time I download after I get the error in Kodi "Aerial Error, check the log for more information"

Log only shows:
08:47:16.942 T:8   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unknown exception thrown from the call "read"
08:47:16.947 T:8   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unknown exception thrown from the call "read"
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\screensaver.atv4\entrypointscript.py", line 26, in <module>
                                                atv.run(bool(len(sys.argv)>1))
                                              File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\screensaver.atv4\resources\lib\atv.py", line 164, in run
                                                off.offline()
                                              File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\screensaver.atv4\resources\lib\offline.py", line 43, in offline
                                                down.downloadall(download_list)
                                              File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\screensaver.atv4\resources\lib\downloader.py", line 53, in downloadall
                                                file_checksum = hashlib.md5(f.read()).hexdigest()
                                            RuntimeError: Unknown exception thrown from the call "read"
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

<settings>
    <setting id="check-dpms" value="0" />
    <setting id="download-folder" value="E:\Screensaver\" />
    <setting id="dpms-action" value="0" />
    <setting id="enable-checksums" value="true" />
    <setting id="enable-china" value="true" />
    <setting id="enable-dubai" value="true" />
    <setting id="enable-greenland" value="true" />
    <setting id="enable-hawaii" value="true" />
    <setting id="enable-hongkong" value="true" />
    <setting id="enable-liwa" value="true" />
    <setting id="enable-london" value="true" />
    <setting id="enable-losangeles" value="true" />
    <setting id="enable-newyorkcity" value="true" />
    <setting id="enable-sanfrancisco" value="true" />
    <setting id="is_locked" value="false" />
    <setting id="manual-dpms" value="5" />
    <setting id="refuse-stream" value="false" />
    <setting id="show-notifications" value="false" />
    <setting id="show-previewwindow" value="false" />
    <setting id="time-of-day" value="3" />
    <setting id="toggle-cecoff" value="false" />
    <setting id="toggle-displayoff" value="false" />
</settings>

To fix, I just delete all the files in the download directory...and it will run once.  

Just an FYI, no rush due to workaround.
Somehow today I was able to control the screensaver video while it played, jumping back and forth in time. Usually when I press any key it exits the screensaver. I stopped it by pressing back on the remote. The next time the screensaver started it stopped with any key press. Did I press a remote button that allowed me to control the video? I would actually find this useful when I want to point out something to someone else that misses it. Thanks
Excellent work @enen92
Lovely little addon.
I'll just note that Aerial works very well for me on the latest Kodi run under LibreElec on a Minix U1. Thanks!
Really love this screensaver. Only one thing miss for me, hour on the screen and location of the video.
Could We Hope à futur update ?
BUG REPORT (Aerial 1.5.1) on Krypton (17.6)

1. Kodi freezes every time Aerial activates
2. It says "unknown repository" in the add-on Information pane
3. When Aerial is the chosen screensaver in Settings|Interface, the "uninstall" option for Aerial is greyed out and not selectable
4. Hawaii is spelled wrong Wink
python:
19:35:01.806 T:1945178112  ERROR: ADDON: extension '' is not currently supported for service addon
19:39:19.877 T:1858073504  ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
19:39:19.877 T:1858073504  WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings
19:39:20.317 T:1945178112  WARNING: COMXImageFile::GetCodingType progressive images not supported by decoder
19:39:20.317 T:1945178112  NOTICE: LoadJpeg: unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.atv4/resources/skins/default/media/black.jpg
19:39:23.246 T:1858073504   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) :
-->Python callback/script returned the following error <--- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'Screensaver' object has no attribute 'atv4player'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.atv4/resources/lib/atv.py", line 135, in onAction self.clearAll()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.atv4/resources/lib/atv.py", line 130, in clearAll self.atv4player.stop()
AttributeError: 'Screensaver' object has no attribute 'atv4player'
-->End of Python script error report<--
yes, on Kodi 18 there is also a problem. Everytime when the screensaver is starting, only a black screen appears and I can't stop/close it. But Kodi isn't freezed. The only thing to get back to normal screen is to restart Kodi via App/Webinterface.

LE9 on RPi3 with latest Milhouse Builts
(videos are saved/played offline)
Thanks for reporting, i am updating the addon for leia when Kodi is closer to final release.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aerial (ATV4 Screensavers)6