• 5(current)
Release HDHomeRun PVR native addon
(2015-11-22, 20:11)jawadshaik Wrote: Sorry, totally newbie question... i downloaded the plug-in and installed it, but I can't get the "live tv" to show anymore in kodi... do I need a separate pvr client (I used to have the npvr plugin and was able to watch before)? Any instructions to get this working with the original hd homerun dual i can refer to? Thanks.

There is a known issue, that you might have to configure the addon, even if you so not change the default settings, and after that you can enable the pvr and the live tv.
Btw what platform are you using?

Hope it helps.
(2015-11-22, 20:45)zcsizmadia Wrote:
(2015-11-22, 20:11)jawadshaik Wrote: Sorry, totally newbie question... i downloaded the plug-in and installed it, but I can't get the "live tv" to show anymore in kodi... do I need a separate pvr client (I used to have the npvr plugin and was able to watch before)? Any instructions to get this working with the original hd homerun dual i can refer to? Thanks.

There is a known issue, that you might have to configure the addon, even if you so not change the default settings, and after that you can enable the pvr and the live tv.
Btw what platform are you using?

Hope it helps.

Windows 10 / Kodi 15.2 / Nebula skin.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, performing default settings on the add on but none of this helped in getting the live tv icon to show. In the live tv settings in kodi settings, when I click search for channels I get the message "None of the PVR backends support scanning for channels". I don't see any channels listed in the channel manager. I do have hd homerun windows software installed on the machine and can view the channels via the hdhomerun view. So, not sure what is going on. Is there any dependency that I am missing? Do I need to have something else besides this add on installed in Kodi for this to work? Thanks for your patience.
Try clearing the TV channels and guide cache.

Settings/TV/General/Clear data
Settings/TV/Guide/Clear data
Just tried it, no luck... there is probably something missing on my end, i'll have to re-try this some other time... thanks for the help.
I am getting the same error on openelec.

(2015-11-17, 16:37)mellomade Wrote: Tried to use the linux build of 1.0.4 and got an error message that stated:

'Check the log for more information about this message. Add-on couldn't be loaded. An unknown error has occurred. Can't load DLL.'

Let me know if you want to see the log as I will have to enable this.
(2015-11-23, 03:04)condor85 Wrote: I am getting the same error on openelec.

(2015-11-17, 16:37)mellomade Wrote: Tried to use the linux build of 1.0.4 and got an error message that stated:

'Check the log for more information about this message. Add-on couldn't be loaded. An unknown error has occurred. Can't load DLL.'

Let me know if you want to see the log as I will have to enable this.

Do you have 32 or 64 bit Openelec? Which binary you tried?

It is part of Kodi PVR now and it is included in the nightly Kodi build. I do not know when Openelec will include it in its binary repository.
Understood. I just loaded it up on the ol raspberry pi 2. I'll try it on the nightly build.
(2015-11-22, 19:43)zcsizmadia Wrote: Wagg:
What happens if you switch back to the default Kodi skin?

Looks like pic in Confluence skin, but I'm not going to use it. It doesn't do half the stuff Aeon Nox does, especially the fanart slideshow stuff.
Hello,

If this is now part of the Kodi repository, how does one install it on Ubuntu, since the pvr addons can't be installed thru the gui?

Thx
moved to the new hdhomerun forum
(2015-11-25, 06:49)leejk Wrote: Hello,

If this is now part of the Kodi repository, how does one install it on Ubuntu, since the pvr addons can't be installed thru the gui?

Thx

You can find some Isengard (15.x) releases in:

https://github.com/zcsizmadia/pvr.hdhome...ag/Initial

Please remember Configure the addon before you enable it.

The addon is part of the Kodi nightly builds, but I am not sure when it will show up in the linux repositories as kodi-pvr-hdhomerun, since PVRs are not part of the linux package.
(2015-11-25, 15:04)zcsizmadia Wrote: The addon is part of the Kodi nightly builds, but I am not sure when it will show up in the linux repositories as kodi-pvr-hdhomerun, since PVRs are not part of the linux package.

Hmm... I didn't see it in the nightly builds from the links on this page: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux
But it is planned to add it as a repository though like the rest of the pvr addons, correct?

thx
(2015-11-26, 00:36)leejk Wrote:
(2015-11-25, 15:04)zcsizmadia Wrote: The addon is part of the Kodi nightly builds, but I am not sure when it will show up in the linux repositories as kodi-pvr-hdhomerun, since PVRs are not part of the linux package.

Hmm... I didn't see it in the nightly builds from the links on this page: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux
But it is planned to add it as a repository though like the rest of the pvr addons, correct?

thx

It is already part of the windows and android nightly builds. Once it is part of the linux repositories, wiki will be updated, In the meantime please try the prebuilt binaries zip from the main post link.
Windows 7x64 ? and Openelec ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2015-11-26, 04:33)Rickt1962 Wrote: Windows 7x64 ? and Openelec ?

I am using it on my Openelec with the prebuilt binary zip from main post. I do not know when it will be included in the Openelec repos.

For Windows and Android use the nightly Jarvis builds, it has the latest pvr.hdhomerun included.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomeRun PVR native addon3