• 18(current)
Release HDHomeRun PVR native addon
(2017-05-16, 00:22)rykr Wrote: I'm still not seeing my recordings or recording schedules using this pvr client?
Not supposed to
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Oh. I thought this was supposed to be a native PVR client for SD DVR. I assumed that meant showing me recordings, timers, etc.
@rykr Use the official SiliconDust video plug-in to record.
Right. I'm familiar with that plugin and have used it before. I was just under the impression that this plugin was trying to be a full PVR client for SD DVR. I see now that is not the case.
The Plex DVR addon is crap, there is no proper guide, it is not intuitive. That is not to say that the KODI app is any better either. 4 to 8 hours of Guide data makes it absolutely not usable in the living room, and allowing the guide to scroll back in time beyond the current time is just not workable.. I was hping that Silicondust would allow more guide data.. right now, the only good and reliable system for watching live TV including DRM channels from a PC remains MCE!
@ronvp this is a third party add-on. It can be updated to utilize the 24 hour guide allowance recently announced someone just has to do it.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
-- deleted --
I'm switched back to Linux from Windows because Windows 10 was annoying me with all of it's damn Windows Update pop-ups and other annoying notifications while watching stuff on Kodi, but the problem is that when I installed the kodi-pvr-hdhomerun add-on (version 2.4.2+git20160820-2) from the Ubuntu 17.04 repository and then enabled it in Kodi(Version: 2:17.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu0.1) it works, but when I restart Kodi it says the add-on isn't compatible with this version and disables it. If I go in and re-enable it, it works as expected.

How can I get it to stop disabling the add-on??

Edit: fixed this by installing Kodi from the TeamXBMC PPA instead of the one included with Ubuntu.
Why can we not build in support for Schedules direct? the 24 hour is really not sufficient enough, for scheduling recordings
(2017-06-28, 01:55)ronvp Wrote: Why can we not build in support for Schedules direct? the 24 hour is really not sufficient enough, for scheduling recordings

Because it's a standalone HDHomerun PVR addon and specific to their api. You are welcome to contribute a PVR backend for HDHomerun which includes Schedules direct support Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thanks, I will continue to use MCE until something else comes along. I think we are good to go unit l2022 or so..
(2017-06-28, 02:04)ronvp Wrote: Thanks, I will continue to use MCE until something else comes along. I think we are good to go unit l2022 or so..

Not to redirect or spam this thread... PseudoTV Live has built in HDHomerun Support and includes Schedules Direct Support... unfortunately you'll have to wait for v.0.9.x for the Schedules Direct feature.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFY-YqQr1xQ
https://twitter.com/PseudoTV_Live/status...9129507841
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
If only we could schedule and record with this add-on Smile

The SD addon is crap - you need to subscribe to SD to enable recording

Argus for OTA and NextPVR for CableCard Encrypted are the only two solutions at present

If Argus supported CC Encryption (for non premium channels) it would be great, but there's been nothing gong on there for more than 3 years

NextPVR - well the UI is not that great...
Or get yourself a Pi, stick TVheadend into it and feed it with your hdhomerun.

It's the setup I run and it works beautifully, including recording.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-07-04, 23:43)DarrenHill Wrote: Or get yourself a Pi, stick TVheadend into it and feed it with your hdhomerun.

It's the setup I run and it works beautifully, including recording.

Hey Darren, can you suggest a simple pi to get that is ready to go and possibly a guide you would recommend? I have an Hdhomerun and overall I'm pretty techy with stuff but I've never tried any of the Pi stuff.

Thanks!
Video: JVC RS540 w/Anamorphic Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH
Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7
7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
4 HTM-200SE for Atmos / DTS:X
Sources: Nvidia Shield Pro / Xbox One X <||Theater Pics||>
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomeRun PVR native addon3