• 19(current)
Release HDHomeRun PVR native addon
Personally mine runs on a Pi2, as I had one laying around spare. But if you're getting one for purpose, get a Pi3.

On mine I used an OpenMediaVault image, and then added TVHeadEnd into that. I must admit it took a little while to get a version of TvH that worked well with my HDHomeRun (some of them didn't see it at all) but setting it up wasn't too difficult. The OMV was just to get a few other features available easily, but it could just as simply be put on a Raspbian set-up.

Unfortunately the notes I made plus the URLs I stored are all at home, which I won't be for another two weeks or so as I'm on a business trip. I'll see what I can dig up when I have a little more time, but it works for me as a general solution.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Tvheadend supports encrypted channels?
(2017-08-09, 10:24)brando56894 Wrote: Tvheadend supports encrypted channels?

Yes, although it depends upon the encryption. There is a sub forum on their site dedicated to encrypted viewing and descrambling: https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/boards/13

If you are using a Prime, it's a non-issue as the Prime does the decryption itself and passes the stream out unencrypted. (Although this only happens if you tune using the cable vchannel; tuning by supplying a frequency channel and optional program number does not trigger the automatic decryption.)

Unless by encrypted you are referring to CableCARD CCI flagged channels, commonly referred to DRM-protected channels. If that's the case, then no, Tvheadend—nor any Linux software—will display and/or record those. But encrypted != DRM.
Yea, sorry I meant the DRM channels, I didn't think it did. So lame that only Windows Media Center and SiliconDust's only horrible app are the only ones that work with DRM channels.
(2017-08-10, 13:15)brando56894 Wrote: Yea, sorry I meant the DRM channels, I didn't think it did. So lame that only Windows Media Center and SiliconDust's only horrible app are the only ones that work with DRM channels.

I've got, and am using, the SD horrible app and some of my DRM channels that it is supposed to support, it does not. I can get maybe 5 seconds of the channel and then it freezes. Some channels are simply unwatchable. Terribly annoying!
The SD HDHR View app for viewing DRM is only available for Windows 10 and Xbox One through the Windows/Microsoft store. The Kodi addon does not (and will not ever) support DRM channels.
Where does this PVR addon get it guide data from?

I have about 12 OTA channels and it finds guide data for all of them.
Right now even WMC don't get data on all of them.
Guide comes from silicondust. Requires a deviceauth token to retrieve from them that changes on a regular basis
Thanks for the info on the guide data source. I get it but i am not part of the DVR kickstart project and am not paying them for it i guess i am lucky.

But the SD KODI PVR is OK, but it is clear they just made something that would work but stopped right there and never finished it to make it Clean.
I am hoping one of the Alt HDHR PVR get released for general use. I am sure i would give it a spin.

Because this release dupe channels and make it hard as possible to figiure out what channel is what when you many ABC sources and which Tuners it is coming from.
Once they had this working it would have been very easy to correct this missing info in the channel manager section. IMHO.

Rainey
Rainey, if I understand you correctly, you need to go to the Kodi PVR settings (from the main settings page) and set the option to use channel numbers from the back-end.  That doesn't fix the duplicate channel problem, but it does fix the channel numbers.

Also, non-subscribers do get program guide data, but you are limited to 24 hours.  Subscribers can pull two weeks of guide data.
(2017-11-17, 16:58)MatthewLundberg Wrote: Rainey, if I understand you correctly, you need to go to the Kodi PVR settings (from the main settings page) and set the option to use channel numbers from the back-end.  That doesn't fix the duplicate channel problem, but it does fix the channel numbers.

Also, non-subscribers do get program guide data, but you are limited to 24 hours.  Subscribers can pull two weeks of guide data.
 Yes i have that turned on. Works on Guide only.

I mean in channel manager. I have three PBS channels they come from two source (three if weather good) and two tuners. So that is 12 channels (sometimes 18) all called PBS in the channel manager list. That is just those three channels same thing for many others ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX,METV,etc.... I have tried many times to get the front room to just use one set of channel from one tuner but it is impossible to do. I have corrupted the database a few times trying to do this. Had to restore a backup. Channel manager would not open anymore.

"Also, non-subscribers do get program guide data"
You mean in the HDHR PVR Client that come with KODI correct   
Not the other one for the DVR Engine i assume that i must subscribe for that one to work. If not let me know as i was going to try it but assumed it would not work without sub.
Well i have learned a few things, i will past along.

The default HDHR PVR Dose work good and you get guide data for a few hours.
The channel problem i was complaining about is more beginners error. If you call up the channel list of each tuner IP you can limit what channels show up in the PVR client.

Than it was easy to add one of each channel to a channel group. Problem solved.

Next
The HDHR PVR that works the SD DVR engine can also be used even if you do not sub to the DVR service. It looks a little better then the default PVR client. Gets the same Guide data for a few hours.

If you enable the PVR IPTV Client  also, then the HDHR PVR clients will not show the real Channel numbers ( channel numbers from the back-end ) as it overrides this option.
Is there a way to display signal quality when OSD is displayed. I have enabled the option in settings, but looking at the addon code it doesn't seem to be retrieved. Not sure if this is because API doesnt support it, or code not added to grab it.  This would fall under enhancement to the add on?

This information does show through browser (HDHomeRun CONNECT Duo) - Tuner Status

Thanks
(2018-02-03, 02:26)alannmills Wrote: Is there a way to display signal quality when OSD is displayed. I have enabled the option in settings, but looking at the addon code it doesn't seem to be retrieved. Not sure if this is because API doesnt support it, or code not added to grab it.  This would fall under enhancement to the add on?

This information does show through browser (HDHomeRun CONNECT Duo) - Tuner Status

Thanks
It's not exactly what you're asking, but you can see the signal quality for each tuner with the "Hdhomerun Signal Meter" Android app.
(2018-02-03, 02:45)MatthewLundberg Wrote:
(2018-02-03, 02:26)alannmills Wrote: Is there a way to display signal quality when OSD is displayed. I have enabled the option in settings, but looking at the addon code it doesn't seem to be retrieved. Not sure if this is because API doesnt support it, or code not added to grab it.  This would fall under enhancement to the add on?

Thanks
It's not exactly what you're asking, but you can see the signal quality for each tuner with the "Hdhomerun Signal Meter" Android app. 
Thanks, I can see it using normal browser on pc.  But it would be more convenient if I could see it directly through the add on.  My use case is I have the antenna mounted outside (not the most robust of installs), but sometimes the picture quality may not be as good as I would like, so being able to display it directly saves me going to a different location in the house to check signal strength for a particular channel or channels.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomeRun PVR native addon3