Release - HDHomeRun PVR native addon

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DarrenHill Offline
Team-Kodi Minion
Personally mine runs on a Pi2, as I had one laying around spare. But if you're getting one for purpose, get a Pi3.

On mine I used an OpenMediaVault image, and then added TVHeadEnd into that. I must admit it took a little while to get a version of TvH that worked well with my HDHomeRun (some of them didn't see it at all) but setting it up wasn't too difficult. The OMV was just to get a few other features available easily, but it could just as simply be put on a Raspbian set-up.

Unfortunately the notes I made plus the URLs I stored are all at home, which I won't be for another two weeks or so as I'm on a business trip. I'll see what I can dig up when I have a little more time, but it works for me as a general solution.

| Banned add-ons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki) | Free Movies/TV Shows
find quote
brando56894 Offline
Tvheadend supports encrypted channels?
find quote
rpcameron Offline
Fan
(2017-08-09 10:24)brando56894 Wrote:  Tvheadend supports encrypted channels?

Yes, although it depends upon the encryption. There is a sub forum on their site dedicated to encrypted viewing and descrambling: https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/boards/13

If you are using a Prime, it's a non-issue as the Prime does the decryption itself and passes the stream out unencrypted. (Although this only happens if you tune using the cable vchannel; tuning by supplying a frequency channel and optional program number does not trigger the automatic decryption.)

Unless by encrypted you are referring to CableCARD CCI flagged channels, commonly referred to DRM-protected channels. If that's the case, then no, Tvheadend—nor any Linux software—will display and/or record those. But encrypted != DRM.
find quote
brando56894 Offline
Yea, sorry I meant the DRM channels, I didn't think it did. So lame that only Windows Media Center and SiliconDust's only horrible app are the only ones that work with DRM channels.
find quote
Usafle Offline
(2017-08-10 13:15)brando56894 Wrote:  Yea, sorry I meant the DRM channels, I didn't think it did. So lame that only Windows Media Center and SiliconDust's only horrible app are the only ones that work with DRM channels.

I've got, and am using, the SD horrible app and some of my DRM channels that it is supposed to support, it does not. I can get maybe 5 seconds of the channel and then it freezes. Some channels are simply unwatchable. Terribly annoying!
find quote
rpcameron Offline
Fan
The SD HDHR View app for viewing DRM is only available for Windows 10 and Xbox One through the Windows/Microsoft store. The Kodi addon does not (and will not ever) support DRM channels.
find quote