• 20(current)
Release HDHomeRun PVR native addon
(2018-02-03, 02:26)alannmills Wrote: Is there a way to display signal quality when OSD is displayed. I have enabled the option in settings, but looking at the addon code it doesn't seem to be retrieved. Not sure if this is because API doesnt support it, or code not added to grab it.  This would fall under enhancement to the add on?

This information does show through browser (HDHomeRun CONNECT Duo) - Tuner Status

Thanks
 The pvr.hdhomerun binary addon doesnt have anything that retrieves signal status. Its possible to do, but with the current addon its not really going to be ideal and would require guesses (which tuner to return signal info for).
To get that information properly (ie correct tuner being used) the addon would have to use the libhdhomerun library more (locking, tuning, playing). The current addon uses the AUTO tune capability of the http interface, so it doesnt actually know what tuner is being used at any point.
(2017-11-30, 03:57)Rainey222 Wrote: Next
The HDHR PVR that works the SD DVR engine can also be used even if you do not sub to the DVR service. It looks a little better then the default PVR client. Gets the same Guide data for a few hours.

Do I understand you to mean that KODI's native PVR functionality will work with the SD DVR recording engine? I have been trying to make this work with no success.

Edit: This is for anyone... not just the addressee.
(2018-06-20, 19:13)nonJon Wrote:
(2017-11-30, 03:57)Rainey222 Wrote: Next
The HDHR PVR that works the SD DVR engine can also be used even if you do not sub to the DVR service. It looks a little better then the default PVR client. Gets the same Guide data for a few hours.

Do I understand you to mean that KODI's native PVR functionality will work with the SD DVR recording engine? I have been trying to make this work with no success.

Edit: This is for anyone... not just the addressee. 
NO

I never said i use the SD DVR service, i would have said i don't use it.

What i said is the SD PVR app that supports the DRV service works in KODI even if you don't have the DVR service. It is just a PVR, it looks different then the standard SD PRV included in KODI.
Hello Zoltan
Thank you for   PVR HDHomeRun  Client 3.4.3 for Kodi 18 with Windows 10 Version 1803 (version of the operating system 17134.2280) Professional Windows 
It is a really good thing for 
HDHomeRun CONNECT

I am new on this forum and I have everything has to learn  subject Client  PVR HDHomeRun
I have just just had 
DeviceID      Model                                 Firmware
1046DA3B   HDHomeRun CONNECT         20160411
His Media Access Control  MAC address is available so necessary

I have Kodi for several years but I had no 'Tuner'

With Kodi and Client PVR HDHomeRun
I have only a few hours of TV guide, I have a subscription of one year has SiliconDust USA Inc, HDHomeRun who gives me 14 days of TV guide and to record.
With the Customer PVR HDHomeRun I can't  record a broadcasting and to schedule (program) a recording of this one. What returns very very limited PVR. Personal Video Recorder or digital video recorder (also called numériscope), DVR from Video Digital English to Re-cord. A PVR which does not record it is not a PVR you understand me well the Customer PVR HDHomeRun is one work unfinished which it is necessary to return has term. 

I am here to learn and find how to have with Kodi and Customer PVR HDHomeRun or an other one how to have 14 days of TV guide and to (record.
And especially  record  and scheduler of this record with my Kodi, I want to learn everything and go farther grace(favor) has you. One little to review we are returned on this subject. Be what I am on the good forum? Forum is active ?

Thank you

Mlam
Just a heads-up @mlam, your firmware is well out of date.

You can download the latest configuration software from the page below, but you'll probably need to log in to the forums to be able to view the post (and download the update). The firmware will automatically be updated when the latest software is installed. Just to clarify, this software is NOT the Windows store player software, rather it's the device configuration / setup software (The first two links provided for Windows / Mac labelled "HDHomeRun Software").

https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/view...26&t=20613

Hope this is of some use to you.

EDIT: All firmware updates are released via the configuration / setup software, so as new versions are released (usually announced on the HDHomeRun S/W forums), it pays to download and install it, to keep your device's firmware, and any software fixes up-to-date. This device is NOT an install-once, set-it-and-forget-it type device.
I just purchased a new Fire TV 4k pendant design for another room and installed the Hdhomerun pvr. Oddly I am only getting about 550 channels versus 1700 channels on my other Fire Tv 4k 2016 model. I have an Hdhomerime prime. Anyone know why I am only getting 500 channels? Both running Kodi 17.6
Problem summary: EPG grid view does not update to current time when Kodi resumes from "sleep" state

I use the HDHR PVR native addon to view live tv (from a HDHR).
Everything generally works ok. But when I'm done watching tv, Kodi is usually left at the EPG Guide (grid view) screen and eventually Kodi correctly enters "sleep" mode (on RPI that is just a screen dimming).

When I exit sleep mode, the guide screen does not update to the current time. I have to exit and re-enter the epg guide so it updates to current time.  NOTE: EPG data is ok, just the EPG grid screen does not move to current time.
Is that normal?
It would be very nice if the displayed EPG screen auto updated to the current time when Kodi exits sleep mode.

I looked at HDHR PVR native addon source code and saw a "on wake" handler. Is it possible to force a time/EPG-screen update?

Thanks,
Mark A
System: Kodi 18, multiple RPI3 boards (and an ODROID C2), HDHR-Prime
(2019-07-17, 04:45)MarkAlamo Wrote: Problem summary: EPG grid view does not update to current time when Kodi resumes from "sleep" state

I use the HDHR PVR native addon to view live tv (from a HDHR).
Everything generally works ok. But when I'm done watching tv, Kodi is usually left at the EPG Guide (grid view) screen and eventually Kodi correctly enters "sleep" mode (on RPI that is just a screen dimming).

When I exit sleep mode, the guide screen does not update to the current time. I have to exit and re-enter the epg guide so it updates to current time.  NOTE: EPG data is ok, just the EPG grid screen does not move to current time.
Is that normal?
It would be very nice if the displayed EPG screen auto updated to the current time when Kodi exits sleep mode.

I looked at HDHR PVR native addon source code and saw a "on wake" handler. Is it possible to force a time/EPG-screen update?

Thanks,
Mark A
System: Kodi 18, multiple RPI3 boards (and an ODROID C2), HDHR-Prime

This is a known problem and proper place to fix this is not the addon but Kodi pvr core.
any chance you will be supporting HDHR3-US ?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomeRun PVR native addon3