Move files to Android device as simple as possible?
Hi,

I need to setup Kodi on 1 Nvidia Shield TV and 1 Minix 8 plus the same way as already existing Intel NUC(Windows 8.1) with kodi. What is the esiest way to move files from one device to another? Is there a build in FTP or is it possible to browse them with simple SMB network?

All are connected to the same private network.

Also, to get the same MySQL and Shares(4), what files do I need to copy? And is it okay to copy of could there be version problems? All are running Kodi but diffrent versions.
For MySQL to work, all need to be running the same version of Kodi, there should be no issue in doing this.
I can't speak of the Minix 8, but for the Shield, you can use ES File Explorer File Manager, or FTP.
For Shield FTP, follow this guide - http://nvidiashieldzone.com/index.php/sh...ndroid-tv/
Since getting that FTP setup done, I only use Air Share or ES to sideload APKs (Kodi nightlies), everything else is done via FTP.

The only two files I have copied among devices is advancesettings.xml (MySQL details) & sources.xml (Sources eh) this allows it all to be populated within seconds.
I usually install Kodi first, start it, then reboot device and copy things over.
You could try copying the entire .Kodi folder, I did this once and it was basically okay, except for some add-ons having to be installed/enabled correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Move files to Android device as simple as possible?0