• 7(current)
Android KODI is not getting the same IP as the Host
(2019-12-02, 15:56)kapooranuj Wrote: I have been using kodi for 4 yrs now. Never needed wired connection, because i was mainly streaming mp3 and 720p videos from my NAS. Now I have gotten into 4k and lossless audio, wanted to used wired connection. And noticed the same problem as has been described here over the last 3-4 years. Kodi now on a different IP, different from the host Fire TV 2nd gen's static IP - which was never the case till now. Goes without saying - Yatse doesnt work, NAS doesnt work and so one. Surprised that no solution has been found yet!
No, the problem should be gone by now. Since a few Updates already my FireTV's Kodi shows the "correct" LAN address and can also be reached this way. Look into the Options, the 192.168.41.1 should be gone now and show the correct address instead.
If not, look into your DHCP server and see what address he has assigned to the FireTV.
(2019-12-24, 11:02)Mamba123 Wrote:
(2019-12-02, 15:56)kapooranuj Wrote: I have been using kodi for 4 yrs now. Never needed wired connection, because i was mainly streaming mp3 and 720p videos from my NAS. Now I have gotten into 4k and lossless audio, wanted to used wired connection. And noticed the same problem as has been described here over the last 3-4 years. Kodi now on a different IP, different from the host Fire TV 2nd gen's static IP - which was never the case till now. Goes without saying - Yatse doesnt work, NAS doesnt work and so one. Surprised that no solution has been found yet!
No, the problem should be gone by now. Since a few Updates already my FireTV's Kodi shows the "correct" LAN address and can also be reached this way. Look into the Options, the 192.168.41.1 should be gone now and show the correct address instead.
If not, look into your DHCP server and see what address he has assigned to the FireTV. 
Thanks for your reply.
Not really. Problem Not gone in my case. 192.168.1.114 is the static IP assigned by me to the Fire TV (2nd gen) its updated to latest available firmware.
Kodi has been automatically assigned 192.168.1.103. (Even kodi is latest updated)
(2019-12-27, 15:30)kapooranuj Wrote: Thanks for your reply.
Not really. Problem Not gone in my case. 192.168.1.114 is the static IP assigned by me to the Fire TV (2nd gen) its updated to latest available firmware.
Kodi has been automatically assigned 192.168.1.103. (Even kodi is latest updated) 

Hmm, then your problem has nothing to do with this thread. Here we had the problem, that all kodis on firetvs before allways showed 192.168.49.1 as its own address, no matter which address was statically or dynamically assigned to the firetv box the kodi was running on. This was a kind of sandbox created by firetv os and it prohibited all access from external devices to the kodi on the box. This is gone now and kodi get (and can be reached) through the same address of the box.

Your problem looks like the static address is not forwarded to the installed apps, so they claim a dynamic address too. Never heard of this behaviour on firetv for now, although it looks very familiar when thinking how ubuntu was ruined over the last few releases.
(2019-12-27, 16:56)Mamba123 Wrote: Your problem looks like the static address is not forwarded to the installed apps, so they claim a dynamic address too. Never heard of this behaviour on firetv for now, although it looks very familiar when thinking how ubuntu was ruined over the last few releases. 
You gave a very good explanation of what's happening. Thanks for the effort.
So I guess this will continue this way for now.
(2015-08-23, 19:05)ravibc Wrote: Hi

I have a Raspberry Pi running Kodi - quite successfully on the network.

I've recently bought a Sony Android TV 49X8309C, it comes with Google Play Store, so I installed Kodi - SUCCESS!!!

BUT - when I go to System -> System Info ---> Network, the IP address is unusual and different, i.e.

Sony TV IP address: 192.168.10.40
Default Gateway: 192.168.10.1

Kodi IP address: 192.168.49.1 <---- issue here!
(no gateway defined)
Primary DNS: 192.168.10.1 (same as original gateway)

SO.... The above occurs when connecting the TV via ethernet cable to the unmanaged netgear network switch.

If I connect the TV to the network via WiFi - the IP address issue is not there (but then there is an issue with connection and download speed).

I also noticed whilst typing this message - if I leave it on the system info ---> Network screen long enough, the IP address changes to the TV's ip address (192.168.10.40) for a split second before reverting back to 192.168.49.1

Please help!

I am attempting to install plugins - but I have no idea how to download the repo zip files onto the the TV storage - so I thought if I can map Kodi to one of the NAS drives, I can point it there?

Help much appreciated in advance!

You can either assign a static IP directly on the Media Center or use DHCP reservation on your router.
Yatse also supports DNS names and can auto discover the new IP of your host if you have a working Zeroconf.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI is not getting the same IP as the Host0