• 3(current)
Where to report illegal use of KODI?
And here another one <link removed>

Does kodi want us to still report these things here anymore?

There seems to be quit a few ones like this in google play store
(2016-03-19, 12:12)stringlefellow Wrote: And here another one <link removed>

Does kodi want us to still report these things here anymore?

There seems to be quit a few ones like this in google play store
I don't believe this violates anything. Mentioned Kodi but does not use Kodi icon. I don't support it because I think builds cause more problems then anything.
This one is also not good

It makes from selling the kodi software and with the logo and name

<link removed>
I visited the Gadget Show Live at the NEC in the UK over the weekend, this show is part of Channel 5 TV and I think owned buy North One Television, the presenters say that Kodi is their favorite media software, yet there were trade stands selling boxes that openly stated that they ran Kodi and came pre-configured which in-turn opened up a world of movies and sport... Channel 5 should know better IMO. maybe they should be contacted and asked to do something on their show?

I meant to get a picy but was drawn away by the drones and the bar Sad
(2016-04-04, 11:18)Geeba Wrote: ...but was drawn away by the drones and the bar Sad
They have Drones that can carry you to the Bar. Now that is a proper use for technology! Where do I sign up?CoolBig Grin
Two websites that I want to report:

1) http://www.flixtronix.com/ They don't mention Kodi, but everything hints to selling mediaplayers preloaded with Kodi and preloaded with illegal streaming addons.
2) https://www.sossolutions.nl/xbmc-spelers They actually tell it is a mediaplayer or Raspberry Pi with Kodi loaded with all kinds of streaming addons to watch freely.

Flixtronix only sells streaming addon boxes. SOS Solutions actually sells mediaplayers without Kodi or without streaming addons too, so not all they sell is illegal.
I didn't see anyone who are using kodi name, if is there anyone than please let me know. Except the mentioned above.
Just search "kodi" in craigslist. My city's full of dealers. When d!sh went down, they turned to fta. When that went down, they now sell fully loaded kodi boxes.
ebay (germany) is full with sellers of kodi-boxes with illegal addons. they clearly make advertising with things like "sportsdevil", different iptv channels (for what you normally have to pay for)...
99% of these "kodi boxes" are cheap android boxes. maybe it was a bad idea to support android platform
(2016-05-12, 20:55)Ed76 Wrote: ebay (germany) is full with sellers of kodi-boxes with illegal addons. they clearly make advertising with things like "sportsdevil", different iptv channels (for what you normally have to pay for)...
99% of these "kodi boxes" are cheap android boxes. maybe it was a bad idea to support android platform

It's not really an Android-specific problem, and it never was. It happened with iOS when the ATV2 became the first real "brand new" device that could run Kodi for under $100 USD (a shocker at one time). eBay was full of ATV2 listings with pre-loaded add-ons. Even used ATV1s were all over eBay (they there actually a little more expensive when you factored in the BCHD card to get HD playback, at least at first).

Even if Android was dropped today, we have too many other cheap platforms out there. The Raspberry Pi has $5, $20, and $35 options. There are lots of ARM devices that run some type of linux-based system that are also below $50. I bought a Windows/Intel tablet for $60 that runs Kodi wonderfully. x86 (aka, "real" HTPCs) are becoming just as cheap.

At the same time broadband speeds became cheaper and faster. File locker sites that fuel most of these add-ons are more numerous than ever.

I don't think anything would have drastically changed if Kodi/XBMC was never ported to Android. At most, it might have delayed the "floodgates", but cheap and good hardware was inevitable.
(2015-11-09, 15:39)RalphUp Wrote: who / where do you report illegal use of KODI in commercial products?

(2015-11-09, 19:16)da-anda Wrote: just write here - we don't have a official form for it.

"Bumb"

Do you have an official way of reporting illegal addons as yet?
With this I mean Addons distributing content protected by copyright within a particular region
(2017-05-02, 13:34)piratebuster Wrote: "Bumb"

Do you have an official way of reporting illegal addons as yet?
With this I mean Addons distributing content protected by copyright within a particular region
It's the same form you'd use to report ThePirateBay to Mozilla.
Quote:It's the same form you'd use to report ThePirateBay to Mozilla.

Thanks - you remark could be taken as witty as well so not sure Smile
I was thinking of something more specific to Kodi. Surely Kodi has a role to play when it comes to
illegal addons specific to their software if you look at this post:

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/scie...oad-Add-On

Reporting something to your chosen Browser seems a bit fuzzy...not?

What beats me is that in spite of the list of banned Repositories and Add-ons, it is still possible to install them onto Kodi.
Does the left hand not know what the right hand is doing??

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons
(2017-05-02, 14:05)piratebuster Wrote: Reporting something to your chosen Browser seems a bit fuzzy...not?
Yep, you'd have to be daft as a brush to think Mozilla are interested in whether you're visiting a torrent site in their browser.
Maybe reporting it to Microsoft would be better?
Edit: Here's a thought. Read the links in your post - if you read the piracy policy and understand what context 'Banned' is used in it might answer your questions.
(2017-05-02, 14:05)piratebuster Wrote: What beats me is that in spite of the list of banned Repositories and Add-ons, it is still possible to install them onto Kodi.
Does the left hand not know what the right hand is doing??

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

That's because the forum rules have to do with the forum and not what individuals do with Kodi in there own home.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where to report illegal use of KODI?0