• 6(current)
Where to report illegal use of KODI?
(2017-10-31, 16:57)Eldar3333 Wrote: I've been active on a discussion thread in the "Chilliwack 24hr Bidding" facebook group (which has seen a number of "KODI" boxes posted) on this topic.  Some are claim the Kodi developers don't care about this anymore....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/38281066...995114239/

Errr - Facebook?  Who would seriously take any notice of any "expert" on that kinda site?  Makes me laugh how people take any notice of "advice" on there.  Are these the same people who claim the earth is flat?  It is far safer to go down the local pub and get advice.  At least then you can tell how sober the person is you are talking to.
(2017-11-06, 18:08)BatterPudding Wrote:
(2017-10-31, 16:57)Eldar3333 Wrote: I've been active on a discussion thread in the "Chilliwack 24hr Bidding" facebook group (which has seen a number of "KODI" boxes posted) on this topic.  Some are claim the Kodi developers don't care about this anymore....

Errr - Facebook?  Who would seriously take any notice of any "expert" on that kinda site?  Makes me laugh how people take any notice of "advice" on there.  Are these the same people who claim the earth is flat?  It is far safer to go down the local pub and get advice.  At least then you can tell how sober the person is you are talking to.

Sorry for not being more clear--this Facebook group is for posting items for auction, and a number of "Kodi boxes" have been posted, or services for Kodi boxes--in some cases Kodi trademarks/graphics used.  The discussion thread is on whether to allow them on the group.  I posted links to Kodi.tv articles on these boxes, but was told that the articles were old and the developers don't care about this anymore; didn't get much support otherwise.  I sent an email to contact@kodi.tv last week summarizing the discussion, but haven't gotten any response.

(example of post on this group)
(2017-11-06, 18:35)Eldar3333 Wrote:
(2017-11-06, 18:08)BatterPudding Wrote:

Sorry for not being more clear--this Facebook group is for posting items for auction, and a number of "Kodi boxes" have been posted, or services for Kodi boxes--in some cases Kodi trademarks/graphics used.  The discussion thread is on whether to allow them on the group.  I posted links to Kodi.tv articles on these boxes, but was told that the articles were old and the developers don't care about this anymore; didn't get much support otherwise.  I sent an email to contact@kodi.tv last week summarizing the discussion, but haven't gotten any response.

(example of post on this group) 

Don't seem to be getting any substantial responses, either to this or to email.  Have the developers given up?
(2015-11-09, 19:16)da-anda Wrote: just write here - we don't have a official form for it.
 This guy on You Tube has conned alt of new KODI users :   YouTube channel:    @Karellen- Links removed       They are howling that his KODI 18 doesn't work nor the Ares stuff.  He won't answer their questions or concerns nor will tell them that Ares is gone, including new comments.  He just tells them to go to his channel and watch his videos.
Thanks @FN92 for bringing it to our attention. I have removed the links, but the Team can still access them.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Seriously? OP
What are you referring to @TorontoPaul?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I know everyone is busy and all, but it's hard to know what to think when one reaches out to support team Kodi, and all one gets is silence.
Hello @Eldar3333

Sorry, but what response were you after? We assumed it was just a notification, not a request for a discussion. I see your Facebook link. Personally I cannot access it as I don't have a Facebook account so I can't see what it is about.

Remember we are only a small group of volunteers. There are literally tens of thousands of these types of ads all over the globe. It is impossible for us to get to them all. We do appreciate your notice. We would not be averse to you requesting a takedown notice at Facebook.

I'll post a link to our Mod forum and hopefully others can look into it. Smile

Thank you
My Signature
(2017-12-05, 02:50)Karellen Wrote: Hello @Eldar3333

Sorry, but what response were you after? We assumed it was just a notification, not a request for a discussion. I see your Facebook link. Personally I cannot access it as I don't have a Facebook account so I can't see what it is about.

Remember we are only a small group of volunteers. There are literally tens of thousands of these types of ads all over the globe. It is impossible for us to get to them all. We do appreciate your notice. We would not be averse to you requesting a takedown notice at Facebook.

I'll post a link to our Mod forum and hopefully others can look into it. Smile

Thank you
Thanks for the reply.

As I tried to describe, I was trying to engage in a debate with the operators of this Facebook auction group about the issues, and linking to articles posted--the response from "Kodi box" sellers was that the info was old and the developers didn't care--in the end I've seen less signs of Kodi trademark use at least, but at the time it would have been nice to have been able to say "This is what Kodi developers are saying now" and have something to back that up,  (even better) have someone from the team who is on Facebook actually join in the conversation.  As it was, it felt a bit like I was left hanging out to dry.

I get there's only a few volunteers--it's because of that and my appreciation for the work you've done that I've tried to help.
Eldar, everything we've ever said in our blog posts about piracy boxes loaded with piracy addons we still very much believe. We still regularly take down anything abusing our trademark on eBay. Amazon proactively takes down things abusing our trademark on Amazon. We don't police FB as much, because doing so is incredibly difficult, but if the question is do we hate it when people sell piracy boxes on FB, the answer is definitely yes. I'm not sure why we'd suddenly stop caring about an issue that hasn't in any way changed in a year.

My apologies for not replying earlier. I also thought you were more reporting, rather than asking for a comment or support.
(2017-12-11, 22:14)natethomas Wrote: Eldar, everything we've ever said in our blog posts about piracy boxes loaded with piracy addons we still very much believe. We still regularly take down anything abusing our trademark on eBay. Amazon proactively takes down things abusing our trademark on Amazon. We don't police FB as much, because doing so is incredibly difficult, but if the question is do we hate it when people sell piracy boxes on FB, the answer is definitely yes. I'm not sure why we'd suddenly stop caring about an issue that hasn't in any way changed in a year.

My apologies for not replying earlier. I also thought you were more reporting, rather than asking for a comment or support.
 Hello Nate,

I certainly didn't have any doubts that the Kodi team still cared about the issue, and wouldn't expect there to be the time/resources to police Facebook--it was just a matter of trying to convince others, and links to articles over a year old didn't seem to cut it.  But perhaps whoever maintains the official Kodi Facebook page would be available to join in a discussion if someone invited them to?  It also might be helpful to have a news/blog post say once a year highlighting your efforts and results in this area?  Just a couple thoughts/suggestions.  The discussion I originally was involved in has long ended, but just saying what would have been helpful, and could potentially be helpful in the future.

I do understand the nature of limited time and resources in a volunteer organization, and again want to say that I really appreciate the work team Kodi has done and continues to do!  And thank you for taking the time to reply!
Shamahl Lee in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma is selling Firesticks will the illegal Kodi add-on on Blowout Cards Forum under the username DieHardCowboyFan33: https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=897620 Associates himself with something called T-Town Electronics. This person might also be (but definitely knows) Douglas Fogle, located in Florida. Fogle may actually be the one selling them, but the whole thing certainly appears sketchy in terms of who is who (assuming that Lee and Fogle are not the same person).
I've noticed more and more "Kodi boxes" popping up on Australian classified site Gumtree. I've reported numerous listings but nothing has happened. The site is owned by eBay which may explain laziness. Maybe contact from someone at Kodi would help?

I didn't include any specific listings but if you search for kodi you'll find a heap of listings. Sad
what about this kodi clone

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....vavoo.app
https://www.vavoo.tv/

Doesnt seem to provide any source code and selling a >40€/year plan.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where to report illegal use of KODI?0