v14 as an alternative to PVR SIMPLE CLIENT...
Hi guys, I have a Raspberry pi2 with Openelec 5.0.8 and Kodi 14.2 Helix.
I use a m3u list with some iptv channlel, and I configured IPTV SIMPLE CLIENT with an Epg url (qlways updated) and some icon setted in a local folder.

All works very well but when I switch channel it takes a lot of times! 10-15 seconds....I try the channel's links with VLC on my pc, and channel switching is done in 1-2 seconds!
I try ptv simple client on kodi isengaard, but the problem persist.

Now I wanna use an other addon for my m3u list, that has epg and icon setting, but I do not know another iptv add-on with this features.

Can you help me?
m-TVGuide
You do realise you're resurrecting a thread that's been dormant for almost 4 years?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-07-31, 08:50)DarrenHill Wrote: You do realise you're resurrecting a thread that's been dormant for almost 4 years?

and the issue still excist
cs
it's a shame
(2019-07-31, 10:36)storchi Wrote:
(2019-07-31, 08:50)DarrenHill Wrote: You do realise you're resurrecting a thread that's been dormant for almost 4 years?

and the issue still excist
cs

Which issue exactly?
(2019-07-31, 06:51)M89SE Wrote: m-TVGuide

Genuine question is the above not considered a banned addon or not ?
Simple TV guides / EPG in themselves are not considered banned. It's only when they are packaged up with other elements which actually directly supply access to illegally sourced media that the whole package becomes banned.

Similarly a generic client which enables access is OK, as long as any included source is not similarly illegal. So a generic player is OK, but a player shipping with dodgy links pre-installed or provided is not.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Well, here's another genuine question then, should Kodi continue to even support the IPTV Simple Client? How about completely scrapping it altogether in Kodi Matrix?

With no word of a lie, pretty much every time I visit this forum I will always see a post from somebody (normally moaning) why their IPTV channels don't work when using the IPTV Simple Client. Well, the simple truth is because their IPTV service is most likely in 99% of cases coming from a pirate operator or source. Paid or not, it's still dodgy, still illegal and certainly not endorsed by the broadcasters.
I regualarly see users asking for support on their 6000+ TV channels or posting images of their EPG showing UK subscription TV channels like BT sports, Sky Sports, Sky Movies and many other subscription channels that couldn't have possibly been obtained legitimately, because those services just do not exist to use within Kodi.
Of course, there are a number of legitimate IPTV providers that do exist in the world (Zattoo and FilmOn for instance), but I have never once found a legitimate and legal service that offers the kind of subscription TV channels that you see being used frequently with the IPTV Simple Client.

It's therefore quite difficult to reconcile what the actual difference is between these types of IPTV services that provide illegal content and designed to work exclusively with Kodi's IPTV Simple Client and video addons that provide illegal movie or TV show content?
There is certainly some truth in that, but as there are legal and legitimate sources out there, we will not curtail support for those and restrict our users options simply because people choose to use it for other purposes sometimes.

We are officially neutral on the piracy topic, in so far as we endorse the freedom of users to make educated choices about what they want to do and how they want to use our app. We are not going to stop or restrict what they can do, but we are going to exercise the right as to what we support and allow support for here. What we also are against is that education being taken away from the user through 3rd party efforts to appear to be official or to simply lie to users or do things behind their backs. This is why we do not support pre-configured builds of any sort, nor all-in-one repos that can update legitimate addons with who knows what masquerading as them. Both of my recent blog posts cover areas of each of those points.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-08, 13:52)Dumyat Wrote: Well, here's another genuine question then, should Kodi continue to even support the IPTV Simple Client? How about completely scrapping it altogether in Kodi Matrix?

With no word of a lie, pretty much every time I visit this forum I will always see a post from somebody (normally moaning) why their IPTV channels don't work when using the IPTV Simple Client. Well, the simple truth is because their IPTV service is most likely in 99% of cases coming from a pirate operator or source. Paid or not, it's still dodgy, still illegal and certainly not endorsed by the broadcasters.
I regualarly see users asking for support on their 6000+ TV channels or posting images of their EPG showing UK subscription TV channels like BT sports, Sky Sports, Sky Movies and many other subscription channels that couldn't have possibly been obtained legitimately, because those services just do not exist to use within Kodi.
Of course, there are a number of legitimate IPTV providers that do exist in the world (Zattoo and FilmOn for instance), but I have never once found a legitimate and legal service that offers the kind of subscription TV channels that you see being used frequently with the IPTV Simple Client.

It's therefore quite difficult to reconcile what the actual difference is between these types of IPTV services that provide illegal content and designed to work exclusively with Kodi's IPTV Simple Client and video addons that provide illegal movie or TV show content?

Personally I use MediaPortal TV Server for TV Channels.
I use IPTV Simple Client to add radio stations in my Kodi setup.
Why should I be "punished" and not having this option anymore?
Because of pirates?

Also in Kodi Leia IPTV Simple Client can be used with plugin calls, it doesn't work anymore only with direct links.
I have tried to add Youtube live streams of news channnels (RT, Al Jazeera, DW-TV) and they work.
You can add channels to your m3u8 list for channels coming from USTVNow add-on, BBC iPlayer etc.
It could be used with any new add-on with live streams, from Sling to Hulu+Live TV.
Why we should all be "punished" because of pirates?
Let them try to make their crappy piracy links to work and fail.
Not a problem of Kodi community and Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
as an alternative to PVR SIMPLE CLIENT...0