Kodi Freezes during video playback
Hello all, I have a Asus Chrome box with the int'l celeron chip and 2gb of ram running v14 Kodibuntu/kodi 15.2. I've had it installed for a little over 2 months and just within the past few weeks the screen freezing problem has gotten worse. I've tried to play video both HD and SD through most of the recommended add-ons and the problem has not changed. Just an FYI I had the same issues with open elec after a few weeks and thought it was happening because of what version of kodi I was running. V14.1??. Now when this happens the sound still plays in the background but the screen Freezes. I'm unsure how to capture a log so any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!
Debug_log (wiki)

Or the sticky post: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233369

Cheers!
http://xbmclogs.com/pus4szhuc

Links to debug, hope it helps
http://xbmclogs.com/p1b4mgqsx

I got two debug links and old and new. The first posted is the old and this one is the new.
Please try with a nightly and post log again. There won't be fixes for 15.x.
Also note: If you use crap like xbmchubmaintenance, you won't get any help here
OK thanks. Just an FYI I'm still learning so any additional help will be great. I was following the easiest way to get the logs posted from the post listed above. How would I go about getting the nightly? Thanks again.
First drop that crap of xbmchub plugin and any other crap of that source and try with your current version again.
Will do man, thanks again for your time. As a developer what would you recommend for a good experience on kodi to someone new like myself, as far as stable reliable plug ins and add-ons are concerned?

Also,I found out how to install nightly.
I am also experiencing crash problems during video playback, just recently.
I am using ver. 14.1 for a long time pretty much without problems. I observed that during the crash, one of the CPU cores is topping to 100% until I kill Kodi.
My system is Acer Aspire laptop Intel i3-380M, 4GB RAM, SolydK32 (Debian 8 Jessie).
I 've got my logs to submit.
[Removed files after negative response]
I hope it will help someone to advise me what I can do. to fix it.
Thanks
We don't support version 14.1 anymore.

We also don't officially run on your software stack:
Quote:20:47:24 T:2984179584 NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = Intel Open Source Technology Center
20:47:24 T:2984179584 NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = Mesa DRI Intel® Ironlake Mobile x86/MMX/SSE2
20:47:24 T:2984179584 NOTICE: GL_VERSION = 2.1 Mesa 10.3.2
20:47:24 T:2984179584 NOTICE: GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = 1.20

Open your own thread _in_ debian's forum. As the version you run is nothing that we have provided.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks.
I will try at Debian's.
I have the same issue with Asus chromebox.
@Blalien830 did you manage to solve it?
Open Elec
What do you mean?
I`ve tried to run kodibuntu, and it has the same result, the video freezes and the audio continue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Freezes during video playback0