• 3(current)
1Ghz CPU Xbox but XBMC reads it as 733mhz, help fixing?
many thanks eluplus
elupus Wrote:added to svn
Many thanks! Big Grin

You found a way to detect more then model or some such?

elupus , this algorithm just like guess not perfect.

can use RDMSR to get cpu fsb?

i think GeminiServer can do this perfect, suggest let GeminiServer
ofcourse it's not perfect, but it's enough. xbox has a different stepping. so aslong a people post the cpuinfo on the cpu's that have been put in, it sould work fine. not going to do anymore advanced rutine when there is so few people upgrading the cpu.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Is XBMC actually going to make use of the extra processing power, or does this just change the way it is reported in the hardware tab?
xbmc will allways make use of the extra processing power
no matter what it displays in info

if the cpu is running at 1ghz it will decode things faster ofc

dingob Wrote:Is XBMC actually going to make use of the extra processing power, or does this just change the way it is reported in the hardware tab?
Or put another way

if you are driveing 73 miles a hour you will travel 73 miles in a hour
if you are driveing 100 miles a hour you will travel 100 miles in a hour

just because there is a sticker on the dashboard saying
that you are doing 73 miles an hour doesnt mean you are

you have to look at the speedo to tell the true speed..

add to that the extra level 2 cache

its even faster..
I've been following the thread over at x-s too, and it looked like one of the guys was mentioning that even with the 1G CPU, he couldn't decode relatively low res H264 without using the new mplayer.

I'm debating trying to purchase one of these upgraded CPUs, but there appear to be mixed results with video playback.

Not trying to threadjack, I was just curious.
dingob Wrote:I've been following the thread over at x-s too, and it looked like one of the guys was mentioning that even with the 1G CPU, he couldn't decode relatively low res H264 without using the new mplayer.

I'm debating trying to purchase one of these upgraded CPUs, but there appear to be mixed results with video playback.

Not trying to threadjack, I was just curious.

99% of the benefits of upgraded cpu and ram come from greatly increased speed and smoothness in Linux and the ability to play roms that didn't work before, and most of the ones that did work work more smoothly. Getting xbmc to work better with the increased speed is kind of like icing on the cake. If you never play roms or use linux, it probably isn't worth it.
not sure i'd agree.. a cpu upgrade from 733 to a 1 ghz cpu would give you quite an advantage in decoding hdtv clips, i mean it's 30% speed increase + the extra cache (wich I think can have a huge benefit in h264 decoding).

720p xvids and ts should then play without any problems, if you also add the mem upgrade you suddenly have a hdtv cabable player (ie playback and display in hdtv resolutions), not the 1080i, but 720p should be just fine. 1080i might even work just fine in halfres mode.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

does this fix the dvd playback bug on faster cpu's?

im running the t3ch 27th build that detects 1ghz cpu's
but dvd's seem to pause for a fraction of a second every few seconds

could be any given thing really.. micro stutters. ntsc video on pal system, pal video with bob interlace handling on pal or ntsc system. ntsc video (30fps) on ntsc box with bob interlace handling.

i found out what it was it was the build the latest 26th of feb build does it
i have a build from the 22nd not by t3ch and it doesnt do it

im not sure if its specific to 1ghz cpu's or 720p or just a bad build

elupus Wrote:could be any given thing really.. micro stutters. ntsc video on pal system, pal video with bob interlace handling on pal or ntsc system. ntsc video (30fps) on ntsc box with bob interlace handling.
oh and its the xbe not the extra files
after i transfered the whole 22nd build over and it worked fine
i tried updateing just the xbe to the 26th build
and it jittered again
@ Shonk,

Since it sounds like you have one, can you comment on how the 1 Ghz CPU handles 720p vs regular xbox?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1Ghz CPU Xbox but XBMC reads it as 733mhz, help fixing?2