kodibuntu 14 and hdhomerun
ok all simple question and maybe I missed it but what is the trick to get hdhomerun in tvheadend working with kodibuntu14

Thanks,
Yonu
If you are using the HDHR Prime (the CableCard version), it will not work properly. TVH can see the muxes and services if you manually point to them, but because of the way that channels are mapped, I could not get TVH to actually tune to any channels. (It might be because in the US most cable channels are HRC and QAM256, but there may be other issues.
I will second the if it is a HDHR Prime that I was unable to get it working. It will see the tuners and I had to manually set up the muxes and services but I could never get it to tune a channel.

When I used a web browser and loaded the HDHR Prime channel list and watched a channel through VLC on the Tuner status page I would get:
Virtual Channel 662 TNT HD 662
Frequency 237.000 MHz
Program Number 2
Authorization subscribed

Using tvheadend if I remember correctly the Virtual channel would be different and the Authorization would not be subscribed and I could never figure out how to get it working that way.

What I ended up doing but takes a lot of manual entry is setting up all of the channels I wanted as an IPTV source using the link from the HDHR channel list and then manually creating all of the services and channels. I then linked them to EPG data from zap2it.
(2015-11-11, 03:51)yonu Wrote: ok all simple question and maybe I missed it but what is the trick to get hdhomerun in tvheadend working with kodibuntu14

Thanks,
Yonu

All you need to do is update TV headed to the latest version and configure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodibuntu 14 and hdhomerun0