Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
I've run in to some strange behaviour. When Kodi starts, I have the default screen set to 'Home' but the skin starts in the first widget on the third tile (to be specific, the widget is displayed but the items are not selected as they would be if you entered the widget normally). It's interesting that:

1) when I first noticed this behaviour, the third tile on my home screen was 'TV Shows' and the first widget was 'Next Episodes'. However, if I rearrange the widget order, whatever widget is first in the list gets opened. (Incidentally, if the first widget is left set to 'None' this behaviour does not exhibit -- but you can't access any of the other widgets).

2) If you rearrange the order of the tiles (say switch the 'TV Show' tile with the 'Movies' tile), the skin start's the first widget in the new 'third' tile (in my case, Movies/Recently Added).

3) Restoring the default shortcut menu (which I have extensively modified -- and by the way, this is one of the very best features of this skin!!!!) does not resolve the problem -- the first widget on the third tile is opened on startup.

4) Restoring all skin defaults does return the skin to normal behaviour. Restoring a backup of my settings causes the problem to occur again.

5) Changing the start up screen for Kodi to something other than 'Home' behaves exactly correctly. Change the start up screen back to 'Home' and the problem is back.

So, I am guessing that there is some combination of options that is triggering this behaviour. Of course, I have taken so much advantage of the many options for customization that I am at a bit of a loss to figure out which one(s)!

Marcel, perhaps the answer will be clear to you. I am running your latest version 3.6.21, but the behaviour is not unique to this version. Let me know if I can help with log files and or settings files. I looked briefly and both, but nothing jumped out at me. Is there some parameter which tells the skin exactly where to 'start'?

Thanks!

PS. Oh, by the way, nice job on refactoring the skin options pages -- I was wondering when that was going to happen ;-).

Update: firmly in the category of annoying transient issues, the behaviour I noted above has now stopped happening -- with no (known) changes on my part. I did suspect some of the widgets I had created which used video add-ons, but I was not able to find any direct linkages. I am guessing that some external factor, now removed, was causing the skin to 'hang' during the creation of the widgets but that is the wildest of guesses at this time. If it starts to happen again, I'll continue to investigate (read: guess like crazy ;-).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - by oattes - 2016-01-31, 20:13
Link to a specific home screen? - by Hardax - 2016-03-28, 15:31
Landscape View Scrolbar - by User 206796 - 2016-09-19, 00:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)11