Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
(2016-03-14, 21:33)thebertster Wrote: Hi,

I've got a really strange problem using Titan on my Kodi setup (Asus EeeBox/ION). Up until now, I've been using the Bello Fredo skin with no issues. When I went to Jarvis, that skin continued to work OK, but it's now been pulled and isn't being actively worked on, so I started looking at alternatives. I've tried every skin I can find, but the only two which I like sufficiently to switch are Titan (which I REALLY like!) and Arctic Zephyr:From Ashes (close second).

With both of these skins, Kodi frequently but randomly locks up completely - there's no consistency in the time frame, but I can usually experience the problem within about 10 minutes of starting up, sometimes much sooner. I have no issues with any other skin I've tried, including Confluence and the aforementioned Bello Fredo. This lock up seems to occur in one of three places, but not in any way consistently (i.e. I can browse through dozens of TV series with no problem, then suddenly the lock up occurs going into one particular series - but next time I reproduce the problem, it will be a different series that triggers the issue - there's no consistency):

1. Entering into a TV Series - locks up with a frozen "loading" animation displayed.
2. Entering into a TV Season - locks up with a frozen "loading" animation displayed.
3. Exiting out of Settings back to the Home screen - locks up with the settings panel partway through its animation. This can happen even when I start with a fresh profile with no media library whatsoever.

When in this state, no remote/keyboard keypresses do anything. External remote applications that use the Kodi web interface (e.g. Yatse) fail to connect. I can SSH onto the box and other processes are unaffected. "top" shows CPU utilisation is low.

Kodi log file, with debugging turned on and also debug functions enabled in the skin.helper script, shows absolutely nothing obvious. The last logged entries look normal (for example, if I had clicked on a TV Series, the last log entries would show successful SQL queries etc.). Some Kodi threads must still be running as I continue to see log entries for UPnP and a few other things.

First off, I tried a completely fresh Kodi profile, with no library and no other add-ons, and still experienced the issue exiting out of Settings.

I then booted an OpenElec Jarvis beta build off a USB stick, fresh profile, installed only the Titan skin, and again experienced the lock up exiting out of Settings. I normally use a MySQL database but in this case, I hadn't even got as far as configuring that - just had a blank local library.

I can leave it in this state for tens of minutes - it never seems to recover until I kill the Kodi process and relaunch or reboot.

But when I switch back to Confluence or Bello Fredo, I have absolutely no issues whatsoever.

I've tried the latest betas from the Emby repo with the same results.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this further?

Im using kodi on a nexus player and can confirm the same issues exactly as described.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - by kalel90 - 2016-03-15, 06:34
Link to a specific home screen? - by Hardax - 2016-03-28, 15:31
Landscape View Scrolbar - by User 206796 - 2016-09-19, 00:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)11