Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
Hi Marcel, I'm returning to a discussion regarding the behaviour of information panels and extended info panels in TV Series. I don't think this ever got resolved (or resolved completely). This post is long, but mostly pictures ;-).

Let's start with a television series... I have chosen The Beverly Hillbillies for my example:

At the top level, using the Horizontal Panel view (so we can see show information) -- everything looks fine. Note the TV show is identified and the total number of Episodes is correctly displayed. By way of additional information, would it be useful to add the total number of Seasons as well?

Moving on the the display for the TV show when the 'i key' information panel is displayed:

Here we see the number of Seasons and the total number of episodes displayed in the header, but there is a bit of a problem with the English (language code) -- should it not be pluralised? E.g Seasons 9 Episodes 273. Further down we see the enumeration of total episodes and unwatched episodes. That's correct, but perhaps the number of total Seasons and unwatched Seasons could be added?

Now lets look at the extended info panels:

This looks fine, but when you use the 'back' key to return you will see that another extended info panel has also been created (as an underlay).

Note that this is for the last season in the series. (If you chose another series, you will also get the last season for that series, so '9' is not special). It appears that the skin has launch two instances of the extended info script -- one for the series and one for the last season of the series.

Continuing deeper into the series, lets select a season level item:

Everything seams fine here on the Horizontal Panel view. Let's look at the results from the 'i' key:

Here we see a recurrence of the pluralization problem, but it is showing data for the entire series not data for the selected season. I would have expected to see data for the season only which would be consistent with the data in the panel itself (one season and 32 total episodes). Note also that the path shown is also for the entire series folder and not the specific selected season folder.

Moving on the the extended info view:

Note that it is showing the series level view and not the (expected?) season level view. And when we use the 'back' key:

We see the 'last season underlay again'. It looks like the skin has launched two instances of the extended info script again. But this time neither of the instances is the correct(?) one.

Finally, at the episode level we see the horizontal panel showing exactly what is expected (Yay!):

And the info panel shows exactly what we expected (Double Yay!):

And moving on to the extended info:

Rats.... I was expecting an episode level view, but I got a season level view. The good news is that only one instance of the extended info script was launched but -- imho -- it should be an episode view, as shown below:

As always, this lengthy post is intended to help polish the skin which is already fantastically functional. Thanks for all of your hard work -- and not just in this forum!!!

Messages In This Thread
Link to a specific home screen? - by Hardax - 2016-03-28, 15:31
RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - by oattes - 2016-04-07, 21:54
Landscape View Scrolbar - by User 206796 - 2016-09-19, 00:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)11