Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
(2016-05-04, 18:53)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 17:36)oattes Wrote: Well, I think that is a mistake. It really mars the otherwise beauty of the skin and will probably make folks think that the view is 'bugged'. How about taking the idea you have been developing of an information overlay that pops up after settling on an item for an (configurable?) amount of time. However, rather than the (sorry, ugly) large font, simple text overlay, use the info pop-up? In this way, for folks who want to sacrifice the item display for a continuous information display can do so. Folks like me (who want *everything*) can navigate the beautiful item display and after arriving at a particular item, can then see the information display slide up (and the item display slide down).

Fair enough Wink

The big plot overlay was added for people with smaller size tv screens sitting at a distance and want to read the plot.
Here's what I will do:

1. create a smaller version of the infopanel, just for the poster shift and poster row views so the posters do not have to be shifted down.
2. make 2 versions of the plot overlay panel: one with the big ass font and one which just looks nice and has a smaller font.

Agree ?

I like option 1 definitely. With respect to 2) -- I understand that some folks might like the 'text' overlay (big-ass as you say ;-), especially as an adaptive technology for folks who want *big*. You could also make two versions as you suggest (sooooo many options!).

However, I was thinking also of trying to retain the very slick animation of the info screen sliding up and the item panel sliding down. So where I was going was to add the idea of a delayed info panel -- similar to your delayed info overlay. However rather than making something new or using the 'big font overlay' just re-use the (too-large) info panel.

To express it fully and including your thoughts regarding a slim info panel: I guess that would make serveral possible options for an info panel including:

1) No info panel (ever).
2) Standard info panel always in view with the strip of items lowered.
3) Slim info panel always in view the the strip in normal position.
4) Standard info panel that slides in after a delay (strip lowers)
5) Overlay info that appears after a delay.

Perhaps this could be expressed with four options:

a) info overlay -- boolean
b) info panel -- boolean
c) delayed info panel -- boolean
d) slim info panel -- boolean

(This would also add some combinations to my above list: e.g. slim panel slides in after a delay with no downward motion of the strip)

It may be a lot to ask and to code, but I think it would make these views very powerful and versatile!

Messages In This Thread
Link to a specific home screen? - by Hardax - 2016-03-28, 15:31
RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - by oattes - 2016-05-04, 19:13
Landscape View Scrolbar - by User 206796 - 2016-09-19, 00:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)11