• 5(current)
Android HiMedia H8 Octa & Zidoo X6 Pro: Comparative Review (RK3368 / 3D / HD Audio)
Has to be a comparable box in UK; I'd ask in the Chromebox thread as we're getting off-topic.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Ok.. I got some very very interesting big news concerning zidoo x6...
I already sold my copy but havent shipped yet so i would do this final last test.. And boy perhaps i sold too soon lol
Anyway..

I have this bug that my 3d iso stopped playing in 2d in zidoo kodi. (All 3d iso)
Hdmkv told me if i tried it with native player and so i did..
I opened explorer and tried that same iso.. Where i know where it happens....
Guess what? Perfect playback! I knew it it was kodi cause i have it with openelec and windows kodi too ,but not with himedia or mede8er
It actually played flawless in native zidoo.
I wondered.. What if all those other bugs wouldnt be there?
I tried 3d iso frozen which played in kodi from the middle.. And tada.. Perfect playback from start!
Tried epic 3d iso which had multichannel stereo instead of hd audio , tada perfect hd audio!
Tried the croods which had bad artefacts in kodi.. Again perfect playback!
Wtf?
I had all these issues with zidoo kodi:
- 3d iso played as 2d, stopped playing
-3d iso frozen started from middle
-3d croods bad artefacts and freezing audio
-3d epic multichannel stereo

But none with zidoo native! None!

I wonder when zidoo tries if they try in kodi or native player.
But it seems kodi makes things harder..
For all those having issues.. Try native player? Some might not be there anymore
Anyway, kodi should act the same.

I just wanted this to share
As I replied on the stickied 3D players comparison thread, for whatever reason, video playback/performance seems to vary (sometimes, for me, not always) when using the native player directly and when using it via custom Kodi (which I believe is the same player, just with Kodi player UI wrapper around it). So, question is are the actual players really the same, and is the injection of Kodi videoplayer UI on it causing some varying playback results?
My HT
Guess they arent the same.. Thats prooved now
(2015-11-17, 00:02)Skank Wrote: Guess they arent the same.. Thats prooved now

The issue is Not Kodi, your ISO movies have some certain errors while the playback change to one m2ts to another m2ts..
Ive tried just now Finding Nemo 3D playing in 2D in Zidoo internal player

Mede8er - Issue in playback at 1h26m15s (frames skipping) but the player manage to continue the playback
Zidoo internal player - Issue in playback (frames skipping) at 1h26m15s but the player manage to continue the playback, until it freeze at 1h33m08s

Kodi- stop playback at 1h26m15s

Ive Remux the ISO (main movie only) and Kodi manage to play 3D in 2D without issues at 1h26m15s.

My conclusion: Kodi are more prone to fail due some errors in ISOs
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Quote:My conclusion: Kodi are more prone to fail due some errors in ISOs
Think you're right. Just re-ripped my '300: Rise of an Empire' 3D disc. My previous ISO rip played fine in HiMedia Q5, but stuttered (almost shaky cam) in RPi2. The new ISO rip now plays well in RPi2.

It seems Kodi is more unforgiving of certain rips, especially in ISO. Say this because when I made a MVC MKV of that previous '300' 3D ISO (mounted it, and used MakeMKV), the 3D MKV plays well, w/o stutters. Same thing as ISO, not.

HiMedia Q5 seems very reliable, even with less than perfect rips, in playing them smoothly, especially with latest 3.0.2 firmware.
My HT
Siewarner

Could you please make your own tread about what to buy, half of this review tread is already ended up talking about every other solutions then the two boxes that this tread and review is about and that can´t be right.

Sorry but I have to say this before this tread are worthless for the people that have a interest of the Himedia H8 and the Zidoo X6 and not any other solution that have your interest.
(2015-11-17, 00:52)hdmkv Wrote:
Quote:My conclusion: Kodi are more prone to fail due some errors in ISOs
Think you're right. Just re-ripped my '300: Rise of an Empire' 3D disc. My previous ISO rip played fine in HiMedia Q5, but stuttered (almost shaky cam) in RPi2. The new ISO rip now plays well in RPi2.

It seems Kodi is more unforgiving of certain rips, especially in ISO. Say this because when I made a MVC MKV of that previous '300' 3D ISO (mounted it, and used MakeMKV), the 3D MKV plays well, w/o stutters. Same thing as ISO, not.

HiMedia Q5 seems very reliable, even with less than perfect rips, in playing them smoothly, especially with latest 3.0.2 firmware.

How do you rip your BD movies ? Do you rip 1:1?

Typical errors in ripping happens when the cpu do all the work and pc are used at the same time, if you rip with support of Cpu and Gpu the errors seldom happens, reason I ask is if the rips could affect the review on the boxes.

I get my H8 tomorrow and will take some days testing my BD 3D iso´s to see if I get the same problems, mostly I use DVDFab 9.9 All in One and the Mkv toolnix + tsmuxer if needed.

If the movie is 1920x800 I make my own custom subs so I can have them in the black band below the movie so they dont interfere with the movie and 3D FX.
I don't multitask while ripping. I first rip full disc as ISO via AnyDVD HD to local hard drive on my PC. Then, I mount via Virtual CloneDrive & use tsMuxeR to rip to movie-only ISO.

Again, some of the ISO's that don't play well on Pi2, play perfectly via HiMedia Q5. And, most of my ISO's played fine via non-Kodi M8R 600X3D when I had one.
My HT
(2015-11-17, 00:45)couto27 Wrote:
(2015-11-17, 00:02)Skank Wrote: Guess they arent the same.. Thats prooved now

The issue is Not Kodi, your ISO movies have some certain errors while the playback change to one m2ts to another m2ts..
Ive tried just now Finding Nemo 3D playing in 2D in Zidoo internal player

Mede8er - Issue in playback at 1h26m15s (frames skipping) but the player manage to continue the playback
Zidoo internal player - Issue in playback (frames skipping) at 1h26m15s but the player manage to continue the playback, until it freeze at 1h33m08s

Kodi- stop playback at 1h26m15s

Ive Remux the ISO (main movie only) and Kodi manage to play 3D in 2D without issues at 1h26m15s.

My conclusion: Kodi are more prone to fail due some errors in ISOs

I'm not so sure...
Cause my iso are main movie only iso's..
No need to rerip..

How do you remux? with dvdfab or tsmuxer?
I'll try again but i dont believe it. cause i see no drops with mede8er/himedia either
(2015-11-17, 03:36)hdmkv Wrote: I don't multitask while ripping. I first rip full disc as ISO via AnyDVD HD to local hard drive on my PC. Then, I mount via Virtual CloneDrive & use tsMuxeR to rip to movie-only ISO.

Again, some of the ISO's that don't play well on Pi2, play perfectly via HiMedia Q5. And, most of my ISO's played fine via non-Kodi M8R 600X3D when I had one.

Okay not much to say about that, I just reacted when you mentioned MakeMkv, I have real bad experience with that software and ripping errors/low quality, but you do it one of the right ways so the problem have to be elsewhere Smile

The intergration between Kodi and the external player have some flakes, no doubt about that since Kodi is so sensitive to minor errors in the rip, the Q5 and the 600X have a much more matured firmware that probably have made space for minior errors and the ability to either correct them or ignore them (maybee the chip makes the difference).

No matter what I will take some time to see if I get the same errros and if they are possible to correct with the ripping method until the firmware are where it is surposed to be in a good product Smile

After the last firmware I have decided to keep the H8 and see if the next firmware have some positive steps the right direction. Smile

Skank

From what I can see in this tread and others, the problem is not Kodi or the external player but the implementation of the two things (thats why the coders from Zidoo and Himedia should use more time here then they do).

Errors can come in many ways, most of the time it is a small fault 40 (40cm in front of the screen) if the hardware used dont support Gpu ripping then the Cpu have to run more and less 100% when ripping, then a small thing like opening the browser or mail can make one little error in the rip (a zero or 1 missing), a small fault in the harddrive where the writing is made and so on.

Software can have a big influence to, the way it works together with the hardware or the OS, so even if we have tried to make the rip so perfect as possible errors do come time to time.

DVDFab is quite expensive so I would recomend the free way to test first, the TsMuxer way, it demands some more work for you but when its only to test then it should be okay, the only reason I bought the big package from DVDFab is that I had to rip more then 2500movies over a relativ short period and could save loads of time paying the 250$, the biggest time benefit is with the 3D movies.

You can find pretty god guides here if you are a little unsure how to do it the best way (the free and those that have a price £$€) http://www.videohelp.com

Until the firmware are matured enough this extra work seems to be necessary.

It would be nice if you write which movies you have problems with so other can compaire and see if wee have the same problem, looks like Avatar is one of the problem kids Smile
(2015-11-17, 02:26)Kilroy Wrote: Siewarner

Could you please make your own tread about what to buy, half of this review tread is already ended up talking about every other solutions then the two boxes that this tread and review is about and that can´t be right.

Sorry but I have to say this before this tread are worthless for the people that have a interest of the Himedia H8 and the Zidoo X6 and not any other solution that have your interest.

Sorry Boss. I never intended it to be that way. I was not the only one either as others were recommending and it is rude not to reply!

I seek your permission to reply here in the future now I have ordered a Zidoo X6. Is that ok please?
Which movies? lol
ALL of them 3d movies..

I wonder if there's a way so kodi can make it less "'prone to fail"HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?? any kodi devs can talk on this?
(2015-11-17, 11:25)Siewarner Wrote:
(2015-11-17, 02:26)Kilroy Wrote: Siewarner

Sorry Boss. I never intended it to be that way. I was not the only one either as others were recommending and it is rude not to reply!

I seek your permission to reply here in the future now I have ordered a Zidoo X6. Is that ok please?

It´s not about playing Boss (childish comment) but keeping the tread about what the subject is, if you look at your 11posts in this tread only two of them is about the H8 and X6, the rest you ask about other solutions as the only person.

You are right its rude not to reply, thats why people answer your questions about other solutions but they also say this is out of topic and make link´s to other treads, they just hint polite, you just dont get it,.

I dont like to ask any to stop asking but when questions are about any other solutions then what this review is about then the review and tread goes to much out of topic and you will with out doubt get even more answers if you make a topic about your needs.
(2015-11-17, 11:27)Skank:' Wrote: Which movies? lol
ALL of them 3d movies..

I wonder if there's a way so kodi can make it less "'prone to fail"HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?? any kodi devs can talk on this?

All your 3D movies Shocked

Hope that a solution will arrive asap if not faster Big Grin
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia H8 Octa & Zidoo X6 Pro: Comparative Review (RK3368 / 3D / HD Audio)3