• 12(current)
Release Phenomenal Skin
The top menu is sort of growing on me, I didn't think it looked bad at all, i just thought it might be better with some opacity but i can understand why you cant change it and im happy enough with it now. Thank you for a pretty great skin, I will definitely keep using this. Your latest edit fixed the weather icon bug in the top menu i mentioned, yay.
I'm really enjoying this skin. I think I've tried every skin in the Jarvis repo and I keep coming back to this one. I've only run into one issue. I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere, so forgive me if it has been. When I'm in the TV EPG view, I can't back out with back / backspace. It just opens and closes the menu. Most other skins will open the menu on the first backspace, then go to home on the second press. I'm using 2.8.0, the current Kodi repo version.

Not a big deal, I programmed a key on my remote to go to home, but just wanted to mention it. Smile
Jarvis + Mediaportal, Phenomenal skin
Thanks for the update.
Date fits nicely now Smile

When will this be pushed to the repo? Im only testing on one device, will let the rest auto-update.
@CWNashvegas - thanks, I fixed it now (on github).

next release of Phenomenal will be a big change, since I've replaced almost every single dialog in the skin with fresh look...
stay tuned, Phenomenal v3.0 is coming... Smile
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2016-04-02, 17:16)tomer953 Wrote: @CWNashvegas - thanks, I fixed it now (on github).

next release of Phenomenal will be a big change, since I've replaced almost every single dialog in the skin with fresh look...
stay tuned, Phenomenal v3.0 is coming... Smile

Thanks, Tomer! Smile

Very much looking forward to seeing all the changes. I'll wait till the update hits the repo. My HTPC gave me so many problems yesterday (April Fool's Day, perhaps?) that I don't want to mess with it. Big Grin
Jarvis + Mediaportal, Phenomenal skin
Small Teaser for the next Release:

watch gallery
(2016-03-26, 20:04)tomer953 Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 06:48)shocker00 Wrote:
(2016-03-20, 14:24)tomer953 Wrote: TV Tunes - yes.
CinemaVision - No, but I can look into it if it's important to you guys..

I would appreciate it if you don't mind. I been trying this skin out for the last couple days and I think its now become my favorite. Just need cinemavision for my home theater room.

can you test latest git ?
I added a button in the movie information dialog.

Sorry took so long, I been out of town the last week. Tested the lastest from git and theres no button in the movie information dialog
(2016-04-03, 13:57)shocker00 Wrote:
(2016-03-26, 20:04)tomer953 Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 06:48)shocker00 Wrote: I would appreciate it if you don't mind. I been trying this skin out for the last couple days and I think its now become my favorite. Just need cinemavision for my home theater room.

can you test latest git ?
I added a button in the movie information dialog.

Sorry took so long, I been out of town the last week. Tested the lastest from git and theres no button in the movie information dialog

Nevermind, it works. Thanks Smile
(2016-04-02, 14:30)DoubleT Wrote: Thanks for the update.
Date fits nicely now Smile

When will this be pushed to the repo? Im only testing on one device, will let the rest auto-update.

Actually spoke to soon.
Not fixed on the rPI - Open Elec 6.95.1

Do you need logs or a photo?

EDIT: Appears you've moved it to the centre on an upcoming release.
Looking forward to it
First of all, let me say you have got a great skin on your hands here! That being said, I do have some bugs to report and features to request, that can make this skin even better. I hope you will consider them. Smile

Requests:
1. Could you make the widgets permanent? Right now they just load and reload on every tab.
2. Could you add the option to hide icons on the menu and sub-menu (like Eminence MOD by Guilouz has)?
3. The episode thumbnails and square thumbs are really small, is there something that can be done to enlarge them?
4. Could you add the automatic rotation of the widgets (and background rotation) like in Eminence?
5. Is there going to be a weather widget?

Bugs:
1. There's an inconsistency with the widgets going up and down in the horizontal menu, it often doesn't go back up if you are using a mouse.
2. In the vertical menu, it is sometimes very difficult to get the sub-menu to show up. You have to very slowly come close to the outside of the ribbon.
3. "My TV Shows airing today" has no images at all, and the widget is showing square posters, which the addon doesn't have?
4. During music playback, there's an inconsistency with fanart displaying. For all my artists, I have a fanart.jpg in the folder root, and an extrafanart folder with images inside, but many artists simply show nothing?
5. Wide List for music stretches the artist image, so that most don't display correctly.
6. In Thumb view for films, it just shows the compressed poster, not the actual movie thumbnails.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2016-04-04, 12:15)Alanon Wrote: First of all, let me say you have got a great skin on your hands here! That being said, I do have some bugs to report and features to request, that can make this skin even better. I hope you will consider them. Smile
Are you using the current version in the repo? If so then there have been quite a few changes made to the skin since then that you can try by grabbing it from github (check tomer953 sig for the link) some of your problems may have been solved already.
(2016-04-04, 12:15)Alanon Wrote: First of all, let me say you have got a great skin on your hands here! That being said, I do have some bugs to report and features to request, that can make this skin even better. I hope you will consider them. Smile

Requests:
1. Could you make the widgets permanent? Right now they just load and reload on every tab.
2. Could you add the option to hide icons on the menu and sub-menu (like Eminence MOD by Guilouz has)?
3. The episode thumbnails and square thumbs are really small, is there something that can be done to enlarge them?
4. Could you add the automatic rotation of the widgets (and background rotation) like in Eminence?
5. Is there going to be a weather widget?

Bugs:
1. There's an inconsistency with the widgets going up and down in the horizontal menu, it often doesn't go back up if you are using a mouse.
2. In the vertical menu, it is sometimes very difficult to get the sub-menu to show up. You have to very slowly come close to the outside of the ribbon.
3. "My TV Shows airing today" has no images at all, and the widget is showing square posters, which the addon doesn't have?
4. During music playback, there's an inconsistency with fanart displaying. For all my artists, I have a fanart.jpg in the folder root, and an extrafanart folder with images inside, but many artists simply show nothing?
5. Wide List for music stretches the artist image, so that most don't display correctly.
6. In Thumb view for films, it just shows the compressed poster, not the actual movie thumbnails.

For the Requests:
1. I need to look into it, I don't think it's that easy, because widgets that connect to plugins, is "refreshing" the content every time you focus it... I will see what I can do about it.
2. will add to my to-do list.
3. you are talking on "thumbs" view in episode level? I think I can make them a little bigger... will add into my to do list as well
4. you can already do that, by choosing "use widget as background" from the backgrounds picker..
5. I wanted to make weather and settings widgets from day one, but I can't find time for it lol... I think one day I will do it.

For the bugs:
1+2. you should control the skin with remote\keyboard, like almost any other skin. I am not going to change things for mouse users, because it's going to cause a LOT of problems.
with that being said - I DID try to make it easy as possible for mouse users. so, in the vertical menu I find that is very EASY to open the sub menu, you just need to put the mouse on the white arrow area that indicates that sub-menu is available and it's working fine, tried it now dozen of times.... about the horizontal one, yes, its a little tricky with mouse, but I did whatever I can, after a little practice I can fully control it with mouse, you just need to allow the option of "always show widgets", and then you can focus the widgets with the mouse, after you "finish" take the mouse to the bottom of the screen - it will "reset" the layout.
3. if you are using widgets from skin helper service, you might want to read the readme file:
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...ring-today
this widget is requires another script (script.tv.show.next.aired), to make things easier for you to preview, I recommend you to navigate to videos-video add-ons->skin helper service -> and then you can navigate all the "widgets" availble via this script.
4. I need to check this, I can guess It related to "Artist slideshow" addon, and it's settings. IIRC there is a setting there to define a name for the "extrafanart" folder, and a setting to "prefer local images first", both should be enabled.
5. widelist is shit. I need to re-create this view.
6. you're right, actually I didn't thought about movie thumbnails when I did it, this view created for episode thumbs. I even don't think I have thumbs for my movies lol, but I will look into it, no sense to show compressed poster indeed.

thanks for your suggestions..
@tomer953:

Thanks for the quick replies!

I have tried using the widget fanart for the background, but it sticks to the previous one until the next widget loads, and that's a bummer. Is there a way to have a "backup" image for this scenario? Sad

My next question is related to the next aired widget. I've had the next aired add-on installed from the start, as all of the skins I use apply the skin shortcuts and skin helper add-ons. So everything is all right on that front, and everything displays correctly on those other skins (Eminence, Madnox, Aeon Nox: Silvo). The widget across all the skins has the same name "My Tv shows aired today", so that's the widget that benefits from the add-on. The widget is correct in listing the episodes, in providing the background fanart, as well as the show resume, but it just wont display any posters. It uses the same layout as the albums widget (i.e the smallish squares) which remain empty, and I think that's the problem, since the widget should use the same layout as the movies? If you like, I can provide a screen-shot?

Oh, one more thing, all this is using the 3.0.0 version from Git.

Cheers!
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2016-04-05, 14:44)Alanon Wrote: @tomer953:

I have tried using the widget fanart for the background, but it sticks to the previous one until the next widget loads, and that's a bummer. Is there a way to have a "backup" image for this scenario? Sad

My next question is related to the next aired widget. I've had the next aired add-on installed from the start, as all of the skins I use apply the skin shortcuts and skin helper add-ons. So everything is all right on that front, and everything displays correctly on those other skins (Eminence, Madnox, Aeon Nox: Silvo). The widget across all the skins has the same name "My Tv shows aired today", so that's the widget that benefits from the add-on. The widget is correct in listing the episodes, in providing the background fanart, as well as the show resume, but it just wont display any posters. It uses the same layout as the albums widget (i.e the smallish squares) which remain empty, and I think that's the problem, since the widget should use the same layout as the movies? If you like, I can provide a screen-shot?

Cheers!

I will look into the "backup" image, thx.

about the My Tv shows aired today, ok, my bad, I thought your complaint about the widget not working at all. I will look into the missing poster\thumbs too.
thx again.
(2016-04-05, 15:22)tomer953 Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 14:44)Alanon Wrote: @tomer953:

Cheers!

I will look into the "backup" image, thx.

about the My Tv shows aired today, ok, my bad, I thought your complaint about the widget not working at all. I will look into the missing poster\thumbs too.
thx again.

the default background for widget is not availble on github. (it will fallback to the "videos.jpg" background if the widget is loading....) let me know if it's ok.

about the Today TVshows, I found the problem, I will let you know when fixed. thx.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Phenomenal Skin12