• 4(current)
Release Phenomenal Skin
Phenomenal is moving to Jarvis.

I stopped the development for Isengard, and put the code in the github under "Isengard" branch,
from now on, the "Master" version will be match to Jarvis only.
https://github.com/tomer953/skin.phenomenal

I also sent the Jarvis version to the official repository, I hope it will be available asap.

for those who don't want to wait, you can download the skin from the github.
one thing to be aware of, as a rule - DO NOT install addons directly from the "zip" file that comes from github, it install them wrong (installing it with "-master" in the folder name)
so the right way to install it, is to download the zip, extract it to temp folder, change the folder name back to "skin.phenomenal" (remove the -master part), and then zip it again.
after this done - you can install it directly from kodi (install addon from ZIP method)
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Just pasting the unpacked files in the skin's folder doesn't do it ?
Oh yay! Thanks for the update Smile
(2016-02-05, 18:00)Rafalovitch.tom Wrote: Just pasting the unpacked files in the skin's folder doesn't do it ?

No.
this method is ignoring the dependencies list of the skin (in the addon.xml file).
it means that if I added some addon that required to the skin (and I did), kodi will not download them.
so the right way to install, especially when it comes to new version of Kodi, is from zip (which also install all the dependencies).

if you know for sure, that you have all the dependencies installed, you can replace the files from the git and it should work as well.
(2016-02-05, 19:24)tomer953 Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 18:00)Rafalovitch.tom Wrote: Just pasting the unpacked files in the skin's folder doesn't do it ?

No.
this method is ignoring the dependencies list of the skin (in the addon.xml file).
it means that if I added some addon that required to the skin (and I did), kodi will not download them.
so the right way to install, especially when it comes to new version of Kodi, is from zip (which also install all the dependencies).

if you know for sure, that you have all the dependencies installed, you can replace the files from the git and it should work as well.

You had me at "no !",
Congratulations Tomer!
The skin is now available also to Jarvis.
Download it from the official Kodi repository.

from now on, new updates will be only to the Jarvis version.
(2016-02-05, 17:52)tomer953 Wrote: Phenomenal is moving to Jarvis.

for those who don't want to wait, you can download the skin from the github.
one thing to be aware of, as a rule - DO NOT install addons directly from the "zip" file that comes from github, it install them wrong (installing it with "-master" in the folder name)
so the right way to install it, is to download the zip, extract it to temp folder, change the folder name back to "skin.phenomenal" (remove the -master part), and then zip it again.
after this done - you can install it directly from kodi (install addon from ZIP method)

or the simple way...(without extract and zip again...)
open "skin.phenomenal-master.zip" you just download with winrar/winzip/7z ...
and rename the folder "skin.phenomenal-master" inside to "skin.phenomenal"

and then install "skin.phenomenal-master" file from kodi with "install addon from ZIP"
This is by far the best skin I have ever used. Intuitive design is the main advantage of this skin. Any other skin I tried, except for confluence based skins, are just not as intuitive and are somewhat not easy to use. The integration with next aired, skin shortcuts and extended info script is a great bonus. I've used this skin for a while now and encountered no noticable bugs (no hangs, no unreachable controls). Many thanks!

I'm wondering if a script can be written to do the RTL to LTR conversion (reordering horizontally and repositioning based on total width). Manual modification from scratch could take a while.
(2016-02-07, 19:14)roee88 Wrote: This is by far the best skin I have ever used. Intuitive design is the main advantage of this skin. Any other skin I tried, except for confluence based skins, are just not as intuitive and are somewhat not easy to use. The integration with next aired, skin shortcuts and extended info script is a great bonus. I've used this skin for a while now and encountered no noticable bugs (no hangs, no unreachable controls). Many thanks!

I'm wondering if a script can be written to do the RTL to LTR conversion (reordering horizontally and repositioning based on total width). Manual modification from scratch could take a while.

Thank you my friend.

about the conversion from RTL to LTR, I don't want to involve auto scripts, they can cause a lot of damage and bugs. I'm thinking to duplicate the code in each xml file into two "groups" control, one in rtl and one in ltr, then display one of them according to an user setting. I need to try it first in the home screen, just to see how much time it costs to make such adjustment..
I tried it last night. I think the typography needs some work because it falls behind the general design level, but the rest is great.

Surprisingly, I couldn't get over the LTR set up. I didn't expect me to be so confused! Big Grin So unfortunately I had to go back to my older skin for now...

Keep it up, this is great work Smile
(2016-02-08, 10:11)krakout Wrote: I tried it last night. I think the typography needs some work because it falls behind the general design level, but the rest is great.

Surprisingly, I couldn't get over the LTR set up. I didn't expect me to be so confused! Big Grin So unfortunately I had to go back to my older skin for now...

Keep it up, this is great work Smile

Thank you, and I understand your confusion, because I had this for years (using LTR skins while i'm RTL user).
I hope I'll have enough time to make LTR version too.
Blush
Amazing Tomer !
Hi, Tomer

It's a great skin, looks very good!

My main problem is with the sub menus.

Can you add an option in the setting to view the sub menus by clicking O.K on title in the main menu (so that sub menus will open up like add-ons) ?
Right now it open on the side and the only way to "fix" it is by SF.

Thanks.
(2016-02-08, 22:47)AnalyzeQ Wrote: Right now it open on the side and the only way to "fix" it is by SF.

what do you mean? and forgive me, but what is SF?
Are you talking about the vertical layout? or the horizontal one?
in the vertical, you just need to press "left", and in the horizontal press "down" - they will appear.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Phenomenal Skin12