• 11(current)
Release Phenomenal Skin
(2016-03-27, 00:47)DoubleT Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 15:02)DoubleT Wrote: On my OpenElec install on a rPI2 the date doesnt fit into the top of the right side bar as shown in the screenshot above.
i get 22/03/20..

Anything i can do to make the bar a bit wider?

Great skin though, my new default

Any one else seeing this issue?

what is your screen resolution?
any way, I will try to fix it next update.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
From what i understand you've changed the skin to change from RTL to LTR based on the users language only I really hate this, It took a while but I got used to my menus and lists being on the right, it looks a lot better to me and I've grown to love it. I've only just updated the skin however and now i dislike it as the menu is now on my left and i spent ages looking for a way to change it back. Can you please add an option in the skin settings to manually select which side you want the menu? like the setting that changes from vertical menu to horizontal. In the mean time is there a file i can manually edit to switch the position back to the right?
Edit: Nevermind, i managed to install a previous version and it looks nice again. Still if there is some was to keep the RTL then id be happy to update.
I'll consider to add setting that let you choose layout, but the RTL version is not only about menu sides, it's fully aligned to the right, so lists and texts will be aligned to the right too (as you already used too).
if you are none RTL language user, and you prefer that way - I might add this setting.

but - I'm thinking that it better to you to get used to the new layout, it's more native to LTR users, I agree it could take some time, but it's the right way to show the texts and lists...
My menu changed from ride side to left side last night.
Cant work out how or why.

Only displaying English both times.
(2016-03-30, 10:58)DoubleT Wrote: My menu changed from ride side to left side last night.
Cant work out how or why.

Only displaying English both times.

The skin was originally build only for RTL languages (that's orientation wise, the menus are translated to all languages regardless of the orinentation).
Tomer added a LTR orientation to the skin - and made the skin switching from RTL to LTR depended on the kodi system language
1920x1080 via HDMI
Cheers
(2016-03-30, 08:10)tomer953 Wrote: I'll consider to add setting that let you choose layout, but the RTL version is not only about menu sides, it's fully aligned to the right, so lists and texts will be aligned to the right too (as you already used too).
if you are none RTL language user, and you prefer that way - I might add this setting.

but - I'm thinking that it better to you to get used to the new layout, it's more native to LTR users, I agree it could take some time, but it's the right way to show the texts and lists...
Yes i prefer RTL, it just looks better to me. As for getting used to it being LTR, sure except that you've now taken away a unique point that drew me to this skin in the first place and i might as well get used to one of the other skins with LTR menus. I just liked the simplicity and customizability of the menus in this skin.
@jasonjkay, I added a new option to "prefer RTL layout", please test latest git.

for the rest of you, It would be great if you can also test latest git, since I changed a lot... including almost every single dialog in the skin, and the top-bar, and more...
ah github, it took a second to realise what you meant. Installed to the latest and quickly switched to LTR mode and it works great. I like the top bar, very stylish however the little weather icon keeps flickering between a sun and cloud. I don't know if that's because i haven't restarted the computer or set up a weather add-on yet. I'll try both.
Edit: restarting didn't work, the weather icon is still going crazy however after setting up a weather add-on it settled down to showing a clear moon and the time. A tittle annoying but at least it finally motivated me to set it up. Oh and thank you for adding way more colours to the theme selector, i kept having to add manual colours before.
ok, I think I fixed the weather problem, I will updated the git later today. thx.
and I glad you like the new style...
Thumbs Up 
Hi love this skin
also love the new LTR mode except for two minor things
one: the scroll-bar is on the wrong side for LTR should be on the right side not left
second : that one have to go all the way to right to activate the options menu, it should be to the left like confluence and in RTL mode
Also is there gonna bee a option to change the opacity of the new top bar in the future?
Thanks
(2016-03-31, 17:09)hn3012 Wrote: one: the scroll-bar is on the wrong side for LTR should be on the right side not left

Sorry, but I disagree.

(2016-03-31, 17:09)hn3012 Wrote: second : that one have to go all the way to right to activate the options menu, it should be to the left like confluence and in RTL mode
I disagree again, I think it's need to be in the opposite location from the list, in fanart view (the default view of the skin)

(2016-03-31, 17:09)hn3012 Wrote: Also is there gonna bee a option to change the opacity of the new top bar in the future?

Actually I can add this, but i'm trying to avoid too much settings... do you think it's too dark? I can reduce the opacity a little bit.
(2016-03-31, 22:16)tomer953 Wrote: Actually I can add this, but i'm trying to avoid too much settings... do you think it's too dark? I can reduce the opacity a little bit.
Wasn't there a opacity setting for the top bar before, or am i just remembering wrong? Anyway a custom setting to change the opacity and colour would be good as it is a little dark and would look cool with my backgrounds showing through. I am glad you are trying to keep the settings to a minimum however as I can easily become overwhelmed by too many options which really puts me off. There are other skins that are just full of options that left my head spinning.
(2016-04-01, 00:00)jasonjkay Wrote: Wasn't there a opacity setting for the top bar before, or am i just remembering wrong?

There is. I'm on 2.8.0 and it's on the Design screen, second item in the Top Bar section.
Jarvis + Mediaportal, Phenomenal skin
there are some elements that I can't let you set the opacity, the new top bar is very complicated, and it dynamically changed due to many conditions (weather is set\rss is visible\library has content and more...)
the reason of the main "tile" (the one with the time) is being solid black, its because that he covers behind him the others 'tiles', so if he will be transparent it will be ugly to see the animations and hidden object behind...
I checked the new top bar on 3-4 different tv's, and it's look fine to me, as I said, If you can point on some part being too solid, I can reduce a little bit from the opacity but not the main one.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Phenomenal Skin12