• 14(current)
Release Phenomenal Skin
(2016-04-07, 07:05)tomer953 Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 01:22)jasonjkay Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 00:30)Mommigiggi Wrote: Hi Tomer,
I love your skin! I'm a newbie so please excuse me if I have a question that may seem silly to you.
I installed your skin just a few days ago from the kody repository but my version is 1.6.1 and I see on this forum that you guys are already at version 3.0. how do I get the new version? I don't see any options to update and in the lists of skins in Kod it doesn't give me an option to choose the version.
I have kodi on a Amazon fire tv.
thank you!
The version you installed is the stable version, the versions you hear mentioned are the development builds and you can find it by going onto tomers github that is in their signature, or here. Just click on download zip and install the zip like you would any other addon. Be warned that this is a work in progress and while usually pretty reliable it can have problems.

No, not true.
version 1.6.1 is the latest version for Kodi 15.
version 3.0.0 is in the offical repo already for Kodi 16.

DO NOT install any version after 1.6.1 on Kodi 15, it just won't fit.
and, DO NOT install the zip from github directly from Kodi - it will install the addon in "-master" folder, which will cause you to duplicate addons, and multiple instances and dozen of bugs. I mentioned it in this thread before.

Thank you for your replies. Does this mean that I have version 15 of Kodi? How do I check which version I have?
go to settings and then system info, it should say somewhere what kodi version you are on. Mine says Kodi 16.1-RC2.
(2016-04-07, 14:28)Mommigiggi Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 07:05)tomer953 Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 01:22)jasonjkay Wrote: The version you installed is the stable version, the versions you hear mentioned are the development builds and you can find it by going onto tomers github that is in their signature, or here. Just click on download zip and install the zip like you would any other addon. Be warned that this is a work in progress and while usually pretty reliable it can have problems.

No, not true.

and, DO NOT install the zip from github directly from Kodi - it will install the addon in "-master" folder, which will cause you to duplicate addons, and multiple instances and dozen of bugs. I mentioned it in this thread before.

Thank you for your replies. Does this mean that I have version 15 of Kodi? How do I check which version I have?

IIRC, Settings -> System Info -> you'll see in the bottom of the skin the full version name.. KODI 15.2 or something like this...
please download the latest version from kodi.tv. Kodi 15 (Isengard) is belong to the past Wink
if you don't sure, backup your system first.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2016-04-07, 14:32)jasonjkay Wrote: go to settings and then system info, it should say somewhere what kodi version you are on. Mine says Kodi 16.1-RC2.

(2016-04-07, 14:33)tomer953 Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 14:28)Mommigiggi Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 07:05)tomer953 Wrote: No, not true.

IIRC, Settings -> System Info -> you'll see in the bottom of the skin the full version name.. KODI 15.2 or something like this...
please download the latest version from kodi.tv. Kodi 15 (Isengard) is belong to the past Wink
if you don't sure, backup your system first.

You are so helpful!! Ok, I'll go look for which version I have. Then I'll try to find out how to backup. When I said I was a newbie I was not kidding Smile
(2016-04-04, 12:15)Alanon Wrote: 3. "My TV Shows airing today" has no images at all, and the widget is showing square posters, which the addon doesn't have?

fixed on git, please test.
(2016-04-07, 19:25)tomer953 Wrote:
(2016-04-04, 12:15)Alanon Wrote: 3. "My TV Shows airing today" has no images at all, and the widget is showing square posters, which the addon doesn't have?
fixed on git, please test.

Thanks the issue is fixed for me
(2016-04-06, 09:04)kisersoze Wrote: best skin so far. One request is the ability to cycle extrafanart in library. I have loads of extrafanart and like it cycling in my library views

Now added on github. please test.
Took a minute to figure out I needed to activate the option in the settings but it works great, never realised how much extra fanart i really had, i usually scrape a whole bunch of extra stuff and then forget about it.
Just a heads up... Some stuff doesn't fit when playing a video
http://i.imgur.com/SUlvsvD.png
(2016-04-04, 19:19)tomer953 Wrote:
(2016-04-04, 12:15)Alanon Wrote: Bugs:
5. Wide List for music stretches the artist image, so that most don't display correctly.
5. widelist is shit. I need to re-create this view.

Done.

Available on git
Looks good, a definite improvement over the old view but I think I will stick with the fanart view which is the best view for me. The only thing I can think of that the fanart view needs is clear art, which I would probably put above the logo over the the fanart. Is clear art something you haven't gotten around to adding yet or something you decided not to add? Finally I was surprised when looking for my animated posters to find I also had animated fanart as well, is there anyway to use this? Im not too bothered by the fanart as I only have a couple animated anyway, just curious. Thanks again for a great skin, it's improved a lot since I started using it less than a month ago.
I'm not using Clear arts, only logos. but even If I will, sometime It is hard to find a place for all the "arts", too much art won't be nice imo...
I will add it to my to-do list, but it will be in the future.
for animated fanarts, I added it yesterday, and it's looking bad. imo no one wil replace the HD fanarts with the animated one. so for now I kept the poster option only.
(2016-04-08, 17:04)tomer953 Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 09:04)kisersoze Wrote: best skin so far. One request is the ability to cycle extrafanart in library. I have loads of extrafanart and like it cycling in my library views

Now added on github. please test.

Fantastic. Everything is now working for me (the rating stuff was on my end). Love the extra fanart. Thanks so much. Great work and very quick fixing things. Anyhow a few things i have found... when in library and next aired turned on you have the notification window move up when you go to settings (which is great) but when you select view settings (options- cant remember wording) the notification window comes back down and covers the first item in the settings window. Also may be just me but when i go to an episode in my library and long click (bring up menu as i use my subscriptions to use another addon if i need different source) the menu item below "manage" is invisible. I say invisible because i can go to the blank item and select it and it brings up extended info window (i think) so there is an item there just cannot see it. I have all but two of the context menu items installed (dont think that matters but just saying for debugging)
Again great job
Thanks
Kris
(2016-04-09, 16:06)tomer953 Wrote: I'm not using Clear arts, only logos. but even If I will, sometime It is hard to find a place for all the "arts", too much art won't be nice imo...
I will add it to my to-do list, but it will be in the future.
for animated fanarts, I added it yesterday, and it's looking bad. imo no one wil replace the HD fanarts with the animated one. so for now I kept the poster option only.
You could add an option to disable clear art in the view options, I just think it looks cool but im pretty happy with the skin as it is. To get my clear art I use media companion which scrapes the art from https://fanart.tv/ and i general most of them are pretty good, doesn't the artwork downloader addon also scrape clearart? As for the animated fanarts, i was just curious but since im mainly running from a raspberry pi 3 it might be overkill on the poor computers memory anyway. I've just looked at a whole bunch of other skins and it's surprising how many of the skins in the jarvis repository dont seem to have animated posters so you have definitely kept me hooked, though mostly by the overall design and not one fun little thing.
(2016-04-09, 16:26)kisersoze Wrote: when in library and next aired turned on you have the notification window move up when you go to settings (which is great) but when you select view settings (options- cant remember wording) the notification window comes back down and covers the first item in the settings window.

Now Fixed on github. thx

(2016-04-09, 16:26)kisersoze Wrote: Also may be just me but when i go to an episode in my library and long click (bring up menu as i use my subscriptions to use another addon if i need different source) the menu item below "manage" is invisible. I say invisible because i can go to the blank item and select it and it brings up extended info window (i think) so there is an item there just cannot see it. I have all but two of the context menu items installed (dont think that matters but just saying for debugging)
In my end everything is looking fine.
please test in confluence skin or any other skin to see if the problem is only in Phenomenal. if so, please upload a screenshot and give me more details on what you're trying to do.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Phenomenal Skin12