Best way to handle bonus content?
Hi all,

I started using TMM yesterday to manage my digital movie collection, and I'm really satisfied thus far Smile
One thing I haven't figured out is how to best handle bonus content. I have some imported dvds where i also ripped a making of, an interview with the director, et cetera. Now TMM saw these as separate movies, which is a bit unhandy since they aren't really that and it will make a mess of my database.
Any suggestions on how to best handle this kind of content?

Thanks!
yes - such videos are _extras_ and thus should be in a subfolder called "extras" (without quotes) and everything should be fine Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thanks for your answer, that seems to have done the trick. However, this means that I have to manually order my folders for this to work? There is no way to do this from within TMM?

Also, while these extras now show up in the media files tab, it seems like there is no quick to tell if an entry has extras or not. Or am I missing something?
no, you have to tell tmm (or any other software like kodi Big Grin) that theses files are _extra_ files for your main movie (how should any program detect this without any hint?)
there are two ways to mark these files as extras:
a) put the term extras at the end of the file name (don't like that personally)
b) put these files into a subfolder called extras

no, there is currently no indicator/filter whether the movie has some extras or not. We may add such a feature in the future Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
okay. thanks for helping me out and explaining.

Hope such a feature will show up in a future release!
I have an issue that seems related. This seems to be happening starting with v2.6.9.

This is only on the TV Shows area: I have the show called "Extras" in a folder labeled "Extras [2005]". I also have another folder called "Movie Extras [1997]", containing various extra features from many movies and/or TV shows. In a few other folders, there are file names such as "Roseanne-Season 3 Extras-S99E03-h264-480p.m4v" or "Star Trek Deep Space Nine-Season 5 Extras-S99E05.mkv".

It seems any title with the word "extras" in it is not being picked up during "Update data sources". Other than the show "Extras", I don't expect TMM to tag the files, but it should be picking up the video files and add them to the TMM database, shouldn't it?

I set up "Movie Extras" as a TV show with its various videos in it, and I'd like to keep it that way. Is there any way around TMM seeing "extras" and ignoring it? I don't have any extras in movie folders. Hope you can help and thanks!

ETA: I changed the word "Extras" to "Specials" in the Roseanne folder and the existing .nfo files and everything worked like it should.
Since your MovieExtras folder is not scrapeable (no single movie) and therefor cannot be added to a Kodi library i guess, the best way would be to completely exclude/ignore this folder?
I guess, this will only work from upcoming 2.7 onwards (exclude complete folders from scanning)
It should work fine, if all the extras are in their dependent movie folder... this way it can be handled in Kodi as well...
(To create a TV show from a movie extras folder won't be supported i guess)

At some point we have to decide, if it is a movie/show, or an "extra" of such.
The only way to handle this is by the name....

For the show "Extras (2005)" this is kinda suboptimal and might be the only case where this logic won't work :p (will keep that in mind when rewriting the update from scratch)
But extras to existing shows should always be kept in the originating tvshow folder (IIRC season 0 is specified for that)
At least for specials it works that way (if we see extras as sepcials)

To force an independent "extra" video to be detected as normal movie/show... is somewhat not supported/planned right now.
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Well, yes, I have a lot of "TV Shows" and a few movies that are not scrapable, but I've just filled in the data and thumbs as needed and they work fine in Kodi using "Local Info Only" and a <regexp> statement. I used to keep TV Show extras in the folder with the TV show, but a lot of it was DVD extras, which TVDb doesn't seem to want to list and/or support, so I end up tagging that stuff myself anyway.

I solved the previous problem by using v2.6.7 and re-scraping, for now. I guess what I'd want to see is an option to turn on/off the "extras" detecting feature, or I could just avoid using the word "extras". Thanks for your help, much appreciated!
Hi,

I haven't tested it myself but...is say XBMC able to understand content within the extras folder and play it? Of course, in File mode one can get inside the folder structure, reach the extras folders, get into it and play whatever content is there. I mean, say in MediaInfo view of FanArt view.
Yes, as long as the VideoExtras add-on is active. See: Add-on:VideoExtras (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to handle bonus content?0