Nebula/Black Glass Nova Themes
Hi

I'm fairly new to Kodi and out of all of the Skins I have seen I am a huge fan of both Nebula & Black glass nova. It comes at no surprise that they would be created by the same person as both have similar feels to them and both of excellent quality. I'm finding it extremely difficult to choose between the two as both have things that i like about them. Is there a way of taking different aspects from each of the two skins that i like and merge the two?

I really like the menu structure with different views and all round general navigation that are used in the Nebula theme however I prefer the Black Glass Nova main menu screen. In the way that the menu tile icons are at the bottom of screen and have a single submenu section underneath that scrolls from side to side instead of the larger centered menu tiles on the Nebula theme with more a larger list submenu.

would it be possible to use the main menu structure and layout from the Black Glass Nova skin but keep the simplicity of the rest of the Nebula skin? If this is at all possible how would i go about doing this?

Again i am extremely new to Kodi and the modding of skins so apologies if this is a stupid question
Sorry if i made my above post sound a little confusing. Basically what i'm wanting to do is take the main menu and submenu structure from Black Glass Nova and use it on the Nebula Skin. How hard would this be to implement?

I'm also trying to achieve something similar to this:

I've managed to lower the home menu tiles in the Nebula skin by changing values in the "Includes_Horizontal_Home.xml" - not having much luck with the submenu though, it's set up as a panel and I would like it as a label (like Black Glass Nova)....

Let me know if you figure it out @ajchinn.
I've managed to get Nebula looking like this so far. And this was just by using the Horizontal_Home Include from BGN. Been struggling to find how to fully incorporate the submenu and get the mirror effect looking nice.

I'll make an option for the next version to have a single lined sub menu and the main menu pushed to to bottom.

Thanks

Tgx
Hey

Thanks for reply mate... That sounds awesome. Really appreciate it.

In the mean time though while i patiently wait for you to work your magic lol it would be cool if i knew which specific xml files and which sections i would need to look into to get the whole BGN main menu onto the Nebula theme? Wouldn't mind trying to give it a go myself just to see what i can do lol. If you dont mind that is obviously
Too much work to write here. I can only say to compare the contents of the "Includes_Horizontal_Home.xml" file in both skin.
Some textures are surely missing, so i suggest to install the github versions of the skin to have every texture at hand.

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.nebula

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.blackglassnova

Tgx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nebula/Black Glass Nova Themes0