Back/Esc command for touchscreens
Hi,

I am new to kodi and trying to get hang of it. I love Amber skin on my laptop, it is light weight runs smoothly and very happy with the feature of adding/updating new items to home screen.

Now I installed the same on my windows tablet without a keyboard. Can't find a way to execute/simulate a Back button or Esc button. Most of the other skins I used had a back arrow or up arrow for that purpose.

Any help appreciated.
Try long press somewhere it won't be selecting something.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
2-fingers left swipe does back on ios and Android.
No idea on windows, though...
Long press works. But I am not sure if it is executing Backspace command or Esc command. Also, long press has to be outside any menu items. If it is on menu item then it executes context menu.

Still not ideal. I guess 2 finger swipe or maybe simply long left swipe should be the default for back button. Can I modify it using the key editor?

2 finger swipe does not work.
(2015-11-19, 02:21)ace310 Wrote: Also, long press has to be outside any menu items. If it is on menu item then it executes context menu.

Correct - that was what I meant when I said do it somewhere that you wouldn't be selecting something. Globally it sends a RightClick command, at least according to the default xml file (same as a 2-finger tap, the two-finger left swipe mentioned above by @Koying should send the Back command).

(2015-11-19, 02:21)ace310 Wrote: Still not ideal. I guess 2 finger swipe or maybe simply long left swipe should be the default for back button. Can I modify it using the key editor?

The default touchscreen controls are in Touchscreen.xml (wiki) but you should be able to override them using the keymap editor I would expect.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-11-19, 11:14)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 02:21)ace310 Wrote: Also, long press has to be outside any menu items. If it is on menu item then it executes context menu.

Correct - that was what I meant when I said do it somewhere that you wouldn't be selecting something. Globally it sends a RightClick command, at least according to the default xml file (same as a 2-finger tap, the two-finger left swipe mentioned above by @Koying should send the Back command).

(2015-11-19, 02:21)ace310 Wrote: Still not ideal. I guess 2 finger swipe or maybe simply long left swipe should be the default for back button. Can I modify it using the key editor?

The default touchscreen controls are in Touchscreen.xml (wiki) but you should be able to override them using the keymap editor I would expect.

Thanks. I haven't used Keymap Editor before. I tried it, but couldn't find touchscreen commands. But as you mentioned will have a look again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back/Esc command for touchscreens0