Startup on Video tab
Hello,

I am running Kodi 15.2 with Confluence.

The only tabs I have visible are videos programs and system.

When I launch Kodi it starts up at the programs tab. Is there anyway I can make it start at the videos tab?

Also is there a way to put shortcuts to add ons under the system tab.
I want to join my programs tab and system tab since the only add ons under programs is maintenance ones.

So my 2 questions.

main question, how can i start kodi up so the video tab is selected.
second question, how can i add add-on short cuts (icons) under the system tab so I can eliminate the programs tab I'm using?

thank you
I have just posted a similar query in another forum. You are supposed to be able to set the startup window under settings for the skin. This results in an entry in guisettings.xml:

<startupwindow>10006</startupwindow>

which is the Videos window. BUT it actually opens the window rather than setting the focus to it. This may be a bug?
I have tried for several years over several versions of XBMC/Kodi to figure this out. I've Googled and tried every suggestion ever made in the forum. Basically nothing seems to work reliably. I finally wrote a little AutoIt script that starts Kodi, waits a couple of seconds, and then simulates a left arrow once (for me I wanted to move it so TV Shows was highlighted). It's a huge kludge, but it works.
Oh that is a truly awful solution. (Not blaming you at all!)

Can't believe we have to resort to that!!!
(2016-01-22, 04:03)pkscout Wrote: I have tried for several years over several versions of XBMC/Kodi to figure this out. I've Googled and tried every suggestion ever made in the forum. Basically nothing seems to work reliably. I finally wrote a little AutoIt script that starts Kodi, waits a couple of seconds, and then simulates a left arrow once (for me I wanted to move it so TV Shows was highlighted). It's a huge kludge, but it works.

try putting this in your skin's Home.xml file, put it near the top

Code:
<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">Control.Move(9000,2)</onload>

I've put it under the <defaultcontrol> tags.
Change the '2' to whichever number the section is you want to be selected, trial and error will solve it.
(2016-12-22, 21:22)gb160 Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 04:03)pkscout Wrote: I have tried for several years over several versions of XBMC/Kodi to figure this out. I've Googled and tried every suggestion ever made in the forum. Basically nothing seems to work reliably. I finally wrote a little AutoIt script that starts Kodi, waits a couple of seconds, and then simulates a left arrow once (for me I wanted to move it so TV Shows was highlighted). It's a huge kludge, but it works.

try putting this in your skin's Home.xml file, put it near the top

Code:
<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">Control.Move(9000,2)</onload>

I've put it under the <defaultcontrol> tags.
Change the '2' to whichever number the section is you want to be selected, trial and error will solve it.
Excuse me for bumping an old thread but no-one else confirmed this works so I wanted to say thanks, this works perfectly. 

I went through a bunch of old threads searching for a solution, all the others just suggested installing Xonfluence or misunderstood the desired outcome.
This is working for me but is it possible to extend this to move the highlight to "Files" underneath "Videos"? If so what would be the command?

It's basically a single down arrow from "Videos" that I want. I just want it highlighted, don't want to go into Files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Startup on Video tab0