Req Speaker channel volume level Add-on
I've already requested this with our developers internally but thought I would write it down here as well.

Is it possible to write an add-on that can independently adjust each speaker channels volume?

I am currently having trouble hearing the center channel in my 2.0 soundbar setup.
Of course that's possible. With AudioDSP we have the full control how the signals are processed.

We still need someone who write it ;-)

Furthermore I can imagine a channel remapper add-on with configurable channel volumes.
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
Excellent, thanks!

Now that I have upgraded to Jarvis on all my clients is this possible yet?

My main sound bar is still unusable as the background sounds are too loud, without a hardware AVR to change the settings im stuck Sad

The only other alternative I can see is for someone to add the feature to all kodi platforms like this for Raspberry Pi

https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...9ab45b0227
Hi zag, you can use adsp.basic and it's speaker gain mode Blush

Hi wisler,

I can't boost the center channel with adsp.basic, because this plugin runs at post-processing step so the 5.1 signal has already been downmixed to 2.0 and i only have options to boost the left and right channels.

I suppose that what we 2.0 users would need is adsp.basic functionnality at pre-processing step, so we can boost the center channel BEFORE the signal gets downmixed to 2.0. Smile
Hi meucha,

right a pre-processing step is missing. I had the same idea and started a refactor of adsp.template. As a test mode I integrated a post-processing gain mode and it will be possible to easily integrate such a pre-processing mode.
Currently it is not usable, because the UI is missing.

Please don't ask me when it will be released. Currently I'm involved in this huge refactor and the integration of asplib into visualization.pictureit.

That's why I like to quote 3D RealmsBlush:
Quote:It’s done, when it’s done

But I'm sure that I will publish a first release in this sub forum cause I will need many testers for adsp.template. Because this will be the basis for all my new and already published adsp add-ons.

Yeah sure no hurry, i'm just glad to hear that this idea is in the pipeline.

Many thanks for your hard work !
Just FYI, Koying has added this feature in the latest SPMC release. Maybe part of his code could be pulled to Kodi ?
Too bad i'm not running Android or i would switch right away.
Which fearure do you mean? I didn't follow development on SPMC.

Boost Center Channel on Downmix

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/commit/2e...d2038f47aa

There are many of us waiting for a way to do this who are not using Raspberry Pi or Android Wink
@wisler would be great if this could be added to adsp.basic
In my view this suits better in a new addon maybe adsp.mixer, which you can set the down mixer matrix. So it would be a master mode.
Something like what was posted by axlt2002 Channel Remapping.

I fully agree with wisler. We have created the infrastructure for ADSP to fit exactly those needs. ADSP UI can be accessed directly from video window. I mentioned this already elsewhere that the quick hack done by SPMC is not the way to go and only results in decaying architecture.
Yeah sure that would make more sense to include it in a downmixer matrix like axlt2002's proposal.

But - correct me if i'm wrong - adsp.basic is set up at movie level and retains different settings on a per-movie basis (as opposed to a global Kodi-wide setting like adsp.biquad) ?

If adsp.basic does indeed allow to be set on a per-movie basis then center channel downmixing functionality with a similar behaviour would be awesome : movies aren't all affected the same way by this lack of center channel volume. As an example, the harry Potter blu-ray saga is extremely affected, Matrix blu-ray saga to a lesser degree and some other 5.1 movies are not affected at all. It depends on choices made by the director's sound staff, so having the ability to set boost levels on a per-movie basis would be awesome.
(2016-04-19, 08:06)meucha Wrote: But - correct me if i'm wrong - adsp.basic is set up at movie level and retains different settings on a per-movie basis (as opposed to a global Kodi-wide setting like adsp.biquad) ?

If adsp.basic does indeed allow to be set on a per-movie basis then center channel downmixing functionality with a similar behaviour would be awesome : movies aren't all affected the same way by this lack of center channel volume. As an example, the harry Potter blu-ray saga is extremely affected, Matrix blu-ray saga to a lesser degree and some other 5.1 movies are not affected at all. It depends on choices made by the director's sound staff, so having the ability to set boost levels on a per-movie basis would be awesome.
No adsp.basic currently doesn't support gain levels for a specific movies.

Would you really use specific settigns for every movie? So fat I can think of that we store a config file in the same directory as the movie and use this settings if available. But I don't know how much work it will require. Is the a common feature or only for one user?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speaker channel volume level Add-on1