Req Speaker channel volume level Add-on
I certainly do not need that feature, far too complicated for me.

A general center speaker gain is all i need for all movies.
(2016-05-13, 19:29)wisler Wrote: No adsp.basic currently doesn't support gain levels for a specific movies.

Would you really use specific settigns for every movie? So fat I can think of that we store a config file in the same directory as the movie and use this settings if available. But I don't know how much work it will require. Is the a common feature or only for one user?
First, sorry for the late reply.
Having movie-specific gains would be a nice extra, but i can definitely live with having only one global setting. As i said before the amount of central channel gain needed differs from one movie to another. But an extra config file in each movie subdirectory really sounds like overkill.

So i assumed wrong about adsp.basic. I thought it had kinda the same behaviour as when you select different audio streams and subtitle tracks, and Kodi "remembers" the last selected stream for each specific movie. Wonder where that info is stored ? Maybe that would be the place to store movie-specific gains if that idea ever sees the light.
In the meantime i'd be already very happy with a global gain setting. Big Grin
No problem, it's all free time and any one has a different life cycleBlush
Quote:Having movie-specific gains would be a nice extra, but i can definitely live with having only one global setting.
Maybe we will have such a feature in a future version of AudioDSP, but currently other task have a higher prio. Sorry for that.
You're right this will be an overkill. So far I know we already use a mysql database approach to store AudioDSP add-on informations. Maybe some one could extend this interface, which would it make possible to create custom settings for each add-on with custom identifiers. But currently it sounds like a huge task.

Quote:In the meantime i'd be already very happy with a global gain setting. Big Grin
Great that you like our unfinished version of AudioDSP. I will continue to develop improvements when my current projects are almost finish.
I guess then you will receive more to play withBig Grin
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
Hi Zag. Did you get any news one this request?
This would be most helpful.

(2015-11-19, 14:16)zag Wrote: I've already requested this with our developers internally but thought I would write it down here as well.

Is it possible to write an add-on that can independently adjust each speaker channels volume?

I am currently having trouble hearing the center channel in my 2.0 soundbar setup.
I guess that you missed my Twitter message. As a side project I'm working on a new add-on, which allows you to set gains for all channels in a pre- (before the downmix is performed) and post-processing (after the downmix) mode.
But so far I can't tell you when I will release it, because it is a complete rewrite from scratch and all my upcoming add-ons will benefit from this work.

Thanks wisler!

(2016-07-24, 09:54)wisler Wrote: I guess that you missed my Twitter message. As a side project I'm working on a new add-on, which allows you to set gains for all channels in a pre- (before the downmix is performed) and post-processing (after the downmix) mode.
But so far I can't tell you when I will release it, because it is a complete rewrite from scratch and all my upcoming add-ons will benefit from this work.
One question please, would the new add-on be able to save changes per movie (from OSD) or is it just a system wide setting?

Many thanks
System wide. Everything else would be to complex.

Hi Wisler,

i guess you are tired of receiving those questions but.... :-) Is there already something available for testing? I am in same situation as the author of this thread. Sometimes it's really annoying how soft the center voice is.
Thanks for your work and a good start in 2017

Alex
Hi alex.ba,

sorry currently I have nothing officially to test.

Whats is the best option now, to see a movie in a tv 2.0. I have used xbmc from the xbox times, but the last years is imposible in htpc linux release ear a movie dialogs, i have tested infinite options,configurations but, imposible.

Search in internet and i see a lot of people with the same problem, really in 2017 is imposible to add a simple feature to boost center channel? Is not trivial option, this simple mod can determine see a movie normally or see movie with upping and downing volumes continuos... Is exasperated.

DSP is work in progress in kripton. But can some help? some configuration, some mod to matrix or tellme a partial solution? Downloading to 16 and use DSP? this option is a solution? i am open to solutions. I am using libreelec linux now, to a tv with 2.0, and the htpc is a zotac id62.

Thanks advance.
Best option for me on all 3 of my soundbar Kodi installs is to use the remote to go up and down during the movie.

Its the same problem I have with all Kodi installs no matter what platform (other than raspberry Pi)

I sometimes wonder if its actually a problem with the Kodi "levels" as my bluray player does not suffer from this.
(2016-02-24, 13:56)zag Wrote: Excellent, thanks!

Now that I have upgraded to Jarvis on all my clients is this possible yet?

My main sound bar is still unusable as the background sounds are too loud, without a hardware AVR to change the settings im stuck Sad

The only other alternative I can see is for someone to add the feature to all kodi platforms like this for Raspberry Pi

https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...9ab45b0227
Greetings from Germany...

Kodi:  18.5

in a forum i found an answer that was actually far too simple. if you press the "M" key while the film is running and select the audio menu at the top, you can amplify the center speaker, which makes the dialog much easier to understand.
There's barely a soundbar on the market that doesn't decode AC3. Passthrough and adjust the channels on your hardware the way you should have done in the first place.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speaker channel volume level Add-on1