Bug Update bug: 4.2 reverting to 4.09
This is an issue I have no control over, and I'm not sure why it's suddenly starting occuring. I'm looking into it and will post an update when it's resolved.

4.2 is available from mirrors and should be the default, however, 4.09 installs during the next update check.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Hi is this why the skin has been removed from my kodi setup and has fallen back to default confluence skin? Trying to install the skin and crashes kodi (4.09.99 version of the skin)
Is there any way to stay with the most up to date version?
If I install it through a .zip file in a few minutes the skin auto-updates to the bugged version. Can I disable the auto-update feature for this skin?
I am using Kodi 15.2.

Thanks!
Thread marked solved.

(2016-01-11, 05:52)Piers Wrote: Thread marked solved.

Hi Piers, first of all, thank you for your development of the best Kodi skin out there. Smile
I may be doing something wrong, but for some reason I'm not getting the newest update via regular repository updates, and when I tried uninstalling the skin and then manually installing from ZIP (from Isengard branch) I got 4.2.1 which then "updated" itself to 4.09.99
Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.
(2016-01-12, 00:06)thecoon Wrote:
(2016-01-11, 05:52)Piers Wrote: Thread marked solved.

Hi Piers, first of all, thank you for your development of the best Kodi skin out there. Smile
I may be doing something wrong, but for some reason I'm not getting the newest update via regular repository updates, and when I tried uninstalling the skin and then manually installing from ZIP (from Isengard branch) I got 4.2.1 which then "updated" itself to 4.09.99
Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

Ah, sigh. No, you're not doing anything wrong. Something was changed and the version number became confused (for auto-updates). I'm apparently the only Team Member who remembers this. I'll stick this thread again.

My solution for this problem was to download the latest .zip, then I extracted the files and modified the "addon.xml" file, specifically the line which tells the version number, changed it to "4.09.99". Then repacked the .zip file and installed it as a regular addon. Now Kodi thinks THIS is version 4.09.99 and has no reason to auto-update, and when the time comes it will automatically update to the fixed version.

Hope it helps.
(2016-01-13, 00:57)Piers Wrote: Ah, sigh. No, you're not doing anything wrong. Something was changed and the version number became confused (for auto-updates). I'm apparently the only Team Member who remembers this. I'll stick this thread again.
Any way I can help debug the issue?

(2016-01-13, 02:48)tonybeccar Wrote: My solution for this problem was to download the latest .zip, then I extracted the files and modified the "addon.xml" file, specifically the line which tells the version number, changed it to "4.09.99". Then repacked the .zip file and installed it as a regular addon. Now Kodi thinks THIS is version 4.09.99 and has no reason to auto-update, and when the time comes it will automatically update to the fixed version.

Hope it helps.
So simple yet so genius... Can't believe I haven't done this yet, I'll try it later. Thank you!
I take it this was never fixed then?

Where do you download the skins zip file from? In order to try the suggested work around above ?

Thanks
Why not simply bump the skin version in repo?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-01-13, 16:10)cw-kid Wrote: I take it this was never fixed then?

Where do you download the skins zip file from? In order to try the suggested work around above ?

Thanks

https://github.com/vonH/skin.xperience10...e/Isengard

Select the appropriate Branch (unless you're also using Isengard, top left) and click "Download ZIP" (top right).
(2016-01-13, 16:12)Martijn Wrote: Why not simply bump the skin version in repo?

Who me or the skin dev?

I would like the latest skin version 4.2 but it automatically reverted back to version 4.09.99. And now I am stuck on the older version of the skin its been that way for months now.
(2016-01-13, 16:15)thecoon Wrote:
(2016-01-13, 16:10)cw-kid Wrote: I take it this was never fixed then?

Thanks

https://github.com/vonH/skin.xperience10...e/Isengard

Select the appropriate Branch (unless you're also using Isengard, top left) and click "Download ZIP" (top right).

Thanks I am on Isengard.
Well the work around appears to be working.

The PICTURES main menu item is now back again which was a version 4.2 feature.

Looking in the add-on settings and at the skin, its version is reported as 4.09.99 which is what I edited the addon.xml file to say.
I recommend you rename the downloaded / extracted folder

from

skin.xperience1080-Isengard

to

skin.xperience1080

and then ensure your newly zipped file is named

skin.xperience1080.zip

or it may not work properly and you end up with two folders under the addons folder like

skin.xperience1080
skin.xperience1080-Isengard

And it seemed to stay on the older version of the skin.

Once I renamed the folder / zip file it worked OK and the skin was then the updated version etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update bug: 4.2 reverting to 4.090