network support needed
Question 
I am running my Kodi Matricom Q box on Isengard. I have been using my wireless connection to acces everything and I'm having no problems (just annoying buffering). I read somewhere that if you hook your ethernet cable straight from your box to your router that you will achieve greater speeds and less buffering. I bought a cable and I'm trying to do this but don't understand really how to do it. This GeekGirl needs help! Angel Many Thanks!
Hi,

Buffering occurs for various reasons including slow wifi connection, slow internet connection, as well as connection speed of the provider. You can help reduce your buffering if it is caused by or increased by your wifi connection. You are correct in using an ethernet cable to provide a more stable connection.

Your router probably has 4 Ethernet ports for LAN (you local network) and perhaps one Ethernet port for WAN (for Internet connection). Depending on the model and your provide setup, you may not have a WAN port at all.

You need to connect your TV box to one of the LAN ports. Once connected, your box may or may not automatically work. If it does not, you will have to go into settings and perhaps turn off wifi and turn on Ethernet. Unfortunately, I do not have that particular box but on my box, I go into settings, go to Network Tab, uncheck wifi and check Ethernet. By the way, these are not settings in Kodi; but instead they are Android settings outside Kodi. You may have to exit Kodi to see these. In my case, my remote has a home button that take me out of Kodi and back out to Android screen.

I hope this help. Good luck.
My Wi-Fi does have a WAN blinker on the front, using a Linksys router. My TV is not a smart TV so I don't think it has an Ethernet port. I'm dumb thinking I could go into Kodi and change the Wi-Fi settings, need to change those within the actual android program settings. Thank you so much for being so nice and replying, you actually helped a lot.

The only other question I have is, the Ethernet straight connection will be better than using Wi-Fi, correct? I would think the answer would be yes but I just want to make sure.
Ethernet is faster and more reliable than Wi-Fi
thank you so much for the help. I went into my Android settings and switched it over to Ethernet then went to speed test and I was freaking amazed. So so happy! Very happy with replies in this forum thank you all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
network support needed0