Win Artwork File Naming
From Menu:
Settings\Movies\File and Sources\File Naming\Expert\Single

I have enabled the saving of Landscape and Banner using this naming convention:
"<filename>-Landscape.jpg"
"<filename>-Banner.jpg"

I also disabled the Kodi (and other) file naming (because I don't know what EMM is going to do, and would be nice to see an example in the UI).

EMM writes:
<filename>-Landscape.jpg
<filename>-Banner.jpg
landscape.jpg
banner.jpg

I do not expect:
landscape.jpg
banner.jpg

Bug?
v1.4.7.2 BETA
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=240291
Thank you for your time...

My goal is to get the file names like this:
<filename>-banner.jpg
<filename>-poster.jpg
<filename>-landscape.jpg

I have selected the Kodi file naming convention.
According to the the link you attached, I should be getting the above file naming conventions for a single movie, but that's not what I'm getting.

I'm getting a mixture:
<filename>.nfo
<filename>-poster.jpg
banner.jpg
landscape.jpg

I have a suspicion that the files have been cached somewhere else, and EMM is reusing those files.
Kodi does not support banner, clearart, clearlogo, discart and landscape for movies without an additional addon.
The only addon that can add this images to database is ArtwortDownloader, but this addon does not support the "default" Kodi file naming system <filename>-imagetype.ext. AD use crappy filenames like banner.jpg, logo.png ...

But Ember will include an new module in next beta release that can sync/add database entries directly to Kodi. With this module it will be possible to use ANY file name for an image type that you want, also you no longer need an addon in Kodi.
I've added a new file name group that's called "Kodi Interface". This predefined file name are using the Kodi default system like <filename>-imagetype.ext. But this file names can only be pushed to Kodi with this module (i don't know any Kodi addon that use this proper file names).

As workaround you can use the expert settings in combination with Kodi defaults to be prepared for the new Kodi Interface:
- enable all Kodi Defaults that you want
- add Expert Single Banner: <filename>-banner.jpg
- add Expert Single ClearArt: <filename>-clearart.png
- add Expert Single ClearLogo: <filename>-clearlogo.png
- add Expert Single Landscape: <filename>-landscape.jpg
- enable Expert Single: Stack <filename>

(Single means "only one movie in a separate folder")

After that you can use "Tools => Rewrite all Movie Content" to save all already recognized images, nfos and trailers with enabled file names.
After that you can disable the ArtworkDownloader default file names and (manually) cleanup your folders.
Here are the steps described...

File Naming Before:

File Naming After:

Settings - Kodi

Settings - Expert

Why am I seeing extra "banner" and "landscape" files?

Ember Media Manager v1.4.7.2

Thank you.
You have still enabled Banner and Landscape as ArtworkDownloader defaults (screenshot 3).

Also you can use the Kodi Defaults for fanart. It's not a problem to use Kodi Poster and Expert Poster, but result is the same.
You can use all Kodi Defaults you want and add only Banner, ClearArt, ClearLogo and Landscape as expert setting. Also i whould use lower case for the image type (<filename>-banner.jpg instead of <filename>-Banner.jpg).
Dan,

Are you saying that the preferred naming convention for all artwork is filename-artwork.ext? As opposed to just artwork.ext? Even for single movie structure? That this is where kodi is going? I'll have to check everything when I get home but I was thinking mine are all fanart.jpg, disc.png, logo.png, etc... Just because I liked it better. But I'd like to know a little more for sure and see if I need to change my thinking and ways.
I know kodi exports in that method. Just curious if there was any reason besides consistency with exporting the library that I should consider it.
The first reason is that this is the same like Kodi use for export. Kodi use always a combination of "stacked filename" and "type" name from Kodi internal or MySQL table "art" for export, also for unsupported image types like discart, clearlogo etc. (if the images are available in the cache). The only case that Kodi needs and export "imagetype.ext" is for tv shows, VIDEO_TS and BDMV file structures.
The second reason is that this system will work in any case, also with multiple movies in the same folder.

The ArtworkDownloader addon has three main issues:
- it can only manage additional image types for single movies (separate folder for each movie)
- it don't recognize default Kodi image names like <filename>-poster.jpg and <filename>-fanart.jpg
- it only recognize "logo.png" and "disc.png", but it save this two image types as "discart" and "clearlogo" in Kodi's "art" table; result: Kodi use other file names while export (discART and CLEARlogo)

IMHO the only fully correct way is <filename>-imagetype.ext
It does also work with other file names, but we use that as "Kodi Defaults". In forthcoming Ember Beta we release a Kodi Interface to sync all images and informations directly to Kodi. This interface can add ANY file name for an image, but i whould change the file names to Kodi Defaults and our new "Kodi Extended Image Defaults" (<filename>-clearart.png,<filename>-clearlogo.png,<filename>-discart.png,<filename>-landscape.jpg).
SnakyJake,

I don't know if you caught this already but in your settigns you are saving some artwork as .jpg when it should be .png (clearart, clearloge, discart)

Dan,

Took your recommendation and have already converted everything. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork File Naming0