Stop Weather Alerts?
Is there any way to stop the weather alerts from popping up at the bottom of the screen? We're entering winter storm warning season and just in the last week, the pop-up has been making me crazy. I looked for the control for it but can't find anything. Maybe for the future, just add an exclamation point by the clock when there's weather alerts? Just a thought. Thanks!
Which weather service provider are you using? I've never even seen one of these alerts.
Weather Underground. Is that the problem? There's nothing in the settings to change the behavior and I haven't been able to find anything in the xml files. Here's what I mean, although it ends up being much more intrusive on the List screens.

https://goo.gl/photos/zJG13pSmVyuopSzWA
I think it's probably something the script is doing. I personally use Open Weather Extended.
OK, will check it out. Thanks!

ETA: It was the script. I took the RSS references out and the pop up is gone, while the Weather Alert still shows on the Weather screen where it belongs. Thanks again!
I have the same issue and would like to know how exactly you stopped the weather alerts to show only on the weather screen.

Thanks

(2015-11-21, 23:00)SMB-IL Wrote: OK, will check it out. Thanks!

ETA: It was the script. I took the RSS references out and the pop up is gone, while the Weather Alert still shows on the Weather screen where it belongs. Thanks again!
You should use Text Wrangler to edit the default.py file in /Users/your.computer.name/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/weather.wunderground-personal_api/

At Line 532 or so, starts the following code. REM out the lines I have marked below in BOLD RED and you should be good to go -- you should just be able to copy/paste from below. I don't remember doing anything else to make them disappear from the home screen. Let me know if it works. Good luck!

# alert properties
set_property('Alerts.IsFetched', 'true')
if str(data['alerts']) != '[]':
rss = ''
alerts = ''
for count, item in enumerate(data['alerts']):
description = recode(item['description']) # workaround: wunderground provides a corrupt alerts message
message = recode(item['message']) # workaround: wunderground provides a corrupt alerts message
set_property('Alerts.%i.Description' % (count+1), description)
set_property('Alerts.%i.Message' % (count+1), message)
set_property('Alerts.%i.StartDate' % (count+1), item['date'])
set_property('Alerts.%i.EndDate' % (count+1), item['expires'])
set_property('Alerts.%i.Significance' % (count+1), SEVERITY[item['significance']])
# removed to stop on-screen alerts rss = rss + description.replace('\n','') + ' - '
alerts = alerts + message
# removed to stop on-screen alerts set_property('Alerts.RSS' , rss.rstrip(' - '))
set_property('Alerts' , alerts.rstrip('[CR][CR]'))
set_property('Alerts.Count' , str(count+1))
else:
set_property('Alerts.RSS' , '')
set_property('Alerts' , '')
set_property('Alerts.Count' , '0')
Thank you very much for the quick reply.
It looks like it's working.

(2016-01-19, 09:49)SMB-IL Wrote: You should use Text Wrangler to edit the default.py file in /Users/your.computer.name/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/weather.wunderground-personal_api/

At Line 532 or so, starts the following code. REM out the lines I have marked below in BOLD RED and you should be good to go -- you should just be able to copy/paste from below. I don't remember doing anything else to make them disappear from the home screen. Let me know if it works. Good luck!

# alert properties
set_property('Alerts.IsFetched', 'true')
if str(data['alerts']) != '[]':
rss = ''
alerts = ''
for count, item in enumerate(data['alerts']):
description = recode(item['description']) # workaround: wunderground provides a corrupt alerts message
message = recode(item['message']) # workaround: wunderground provides a corrupt alerts message
set_property('Alerts.%i.Description' % (count+1), description)
set_property('Alerts.%i.Message' % (count+1), message)
set_property('Alerts.%i.StartDate' % (count+1), item['date'])
set_property('Alerts.%i.EndDate' % (count+1), item['expires'])
set_property('Alerts.%i.Significance' % (count+1), SEVERITY[item['significance']])
# removed to stop on-screen alerts rss = rss + description.replace('\n','') + ' - '
alerts = alerts + message
# removed to stop on-screen alerts set_property('Alerts.RSS' , rss.rstrip(' - '))
set_property('Alerts' , alerts.rstrip('[CR][CR]'))
set_property('Alerts.Count' , str(count+1))
else:
set_property('Alerts.RSS' , '')
set_property('Alerts' , '')
set_property('Alerts.Count' , '0')
That's great! It also confirms that I didn't do anything else to fix it, in case anyone else asks. Glad this worked out. Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop Weather Alerts?1