Win [Solved] nVidia only crash on pause and/or OSD in Windows 10
Looks like the latest Nvidia driver update 361.43 solved the issue. At least for me.

Can anyone else confirm?
"Automobiles have been the best mêlée weapons to use against monsters since the 50s." - Atomic Robo
(2015-12-23, 15:23)LarrxX Wrote: Looks like the latest Nvidia driver update 361.43 solved the issue. At least for me.

Can anyone else confirm?

Installed 361.43 and activated hardware and dxva2 again.
I will confirm if it works or not.

Edit: Seems like it works! Smile
I must have a different issue with similar symptoms.

System: Windows 10 (latest update)
Video: Nvidia 9700

Problem: While watching something, every 5-10 minutes the video will freeze completely for a few minutes and then go onto play the next episode (I have the next show option turned on, so I assume otherwise it would kick out to the menu). Occurs on any show... not a specific set of files. I tried changing to software decoding and downgrading the nvidia driver to 358.50 as mentioned in this thread and still have the same problems. It started happening about a week ago. Not sure if it was a Windows 10 update, but I have gone back to Windows 8.1 yesterday. Accessing library through mysql on a Synology. My raspberry pi has no issues accessing the same library. Also tried remapping the sources from NFS to SMB... same problem.
I installed new nvidia 361.43 drivers and everything works OSD works . Just like it did before windows 10 did its great update in Nov that didn't do ish. Thanks for your guys help and I hope this will help everyone with this the same problems Thanks LarrxX It works great!!!!!

Jesse
I was having video and audio dropouts every so often running Windows 10 with nvidia gt 430 and Kodi 16.0. I imagine the issues over the last few pages in this thread are also similar to mine, so I just installed the driver listed above 361.43 and crossing my fingers!

My dropouts only occur a handful a times throughout a normal movie (iso blu ray with HD audio pass through) and for just a split second and everything resumes just fine. I'm hoping it's a nvidia Windows 10 issue as well.
My crashing issues have also been fixed by 361.43. Wasn't available the last couple of weeks to post debug logs, thanks to all who did.
Yeah, so far so good - looks like it's fixed with the new driver Smile
Feels great to finally pause or end a movie without being afraid of a crash, I'm glad nvidia finally fixed it..
(2015-12-26, 16:01)knewknow Wrote: I must have a different issue with similar symptoms.

Problem: While watching something, every 5-10 minutes the video will freeze completely for a few minutes and then go onto play the next episode (I have the next show option turned on, so I assume otherwise it would kick out to the menu). Occurs on any show... not a specific set of files. I tried changing to software decoding and downgrading the nvidia driver to 358.50 as mentioned in this thread and still have the same problems. It started happening about a week ago. Not sure if it was a Windows 10 update, but I have gone back to Windows 8.1 yesterday. Accessing library through mysql on a Synology. My raspberry pi has no issues accessing the same library. Also tried remapping the sources from NFS to SMB... same problem.

Hi knewknow, sorry to read about your issue, but it's not at all the same as the one we're talking about in this thread. I strongly advise you to open up a new thread for your problem, you'll have more luck getting answers.

Sorry I don't have any answers for you though. I myself use mysql and a Synology NAS and am having no issues whatsoever.
"Automobiles have been the best mêlée weapons to use against monsters since the 50s." - Atomic Robo
(2015-12-29, 21:07)LarrxX Wrote:
(2015-12-26, 16:01)knewknow Wrote: I must have a different issue with similar symptoms.

Hi knewknow, sorry to read about your issue, but it's not at all the same as the one we're talking about in this thread. I strongly advise you to open up a new thread for your problem, you'll have more luck getting answers.

Sorry I don't have any answers for you though. I myself use mysql and a Synology NAS and am having no issues whatsoever.

Thanks LarryX Smile. Yup, I ended up wiping the DB out completely and re-installing kodi and everything seems good now. I'm still having problems with losing connection to the Synology if paused for too long though, but I'll have to pop open a new thread for that one. Thanks for the reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] nVidia only crash on pause and/or OSD in Windows 103